English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 12 May 2017, 21:17   #1
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Blank MUI Splash Screens

Sorry if the answer to this is common knowledge, but in the last few days I've realised that any splash screens shown on startup by iBrowse or Yam are simply showing as blank boxes (as well as the shut down windows).

I can't think what I've changed that would cause this, has anyone else experienced it? So far I've tried disabling birdie, visualprefs, and centrequest - but no joy.

Is there a way to get all the latest MUI libs easily? Wondering if somethings been overwritten by an older version.
Old 13 May 2017, 02:47   #2
gulliver
BoingBagged

I had a similar problem with ScalOS (which also uses MUI), the solution for me was to replace my PNG datatype.

You should try using Snoopdos and see where the problem is. And it wouldnt hurt to try to switch/add datatypes.
Old 14 May 2017, 01:23   #3
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Thanks for the tip, installed the PNG data type again but still no joy. I had tried snoopdos but nothing showed up annoyingly.

Today I once more disabled various things and have found the culprit, it's visualprefs after all. Disabling it brings all the mui splash screen information back. It's even more annoying as I've been running visualprefs for months, and have only just hit this issue :-(

[edit] OK, have tried (after reading about similar issues online) updating to MUI 3.9 (no change) so have updated to MUI 5 and the problem is gone, however AmTelnet no longer works :/ I intend to roll back to 3.8 and have another poke around.

[edit edit] The latest AmTelnet on aminet works with MUI 5, but the v27 term.mcc crashes the miggy. Think I might just stay on 3.8 with the blank splash screens!

Last edited by indigolemon; 18 May 2017 at 11:47. Reason: More info found