English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 21 February 2022, 18:16   #1
saimo

MeMO

I've just noticed all the HOL entries for some of my games - many thanks to who made them
Given that I have updated the games a number of times, I thought that (updated) screenshots, additional information and/or little corrections might be welcome. Also, I could provide stuff for the missing games.
If you like the idea, I'd begin with MeMO.

Attached here is an archive of screenshots that are meant to replace the current ones, as the latest version(s) of the game sport touched up graphics.

It would also be cool if the first two notes were updated as follows:
[1] Originally made in 1996. Hastily rewritted in 2003. Heavily reworked in 2011. Improved from 2012 to 2021.
[2] Requirements : AmigaOS 2.04; 68020; ECS chipset; PAL; RAM: ~720 kB CHIP, ~128 kB other; disk: ~750 kB.

Last edited by saimo; 26 February 2022 at 12:17. Reason: Removed attachment.
Old 21 February 2022, 23:11   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Thanks very much. I've updated the screenshots and the notes.
Old 22 February 2022, 14:40   #3
saimo

MeMO + Follix

Thanks for the quick update
The double barrel screenshot is still outdated, though: could you replace it with the one attached here, please? (And you can also remove the corresponding pictures from the screenshots, if duplication is to be avoided.)

Next game... Follix.

I noticed that there are two entries: 6500 and 6501.
The differences are:
* 6500 misses the Amiga CD32 tag and has screenshots of the whole game;
* 6501 has the Amiga CD32 tag and has only a few screenshots.
Is that normal or is it a case of unwanted duplication? Wouldn't it be better to delete 6501 and to add the Amiga CD32 tag to 6500?

Oh, back to MeMO for a second... I noticed that the Follix entries have the "Coding - AMOS" tag: if a tag for assembly exists, it could be added to MeMO.

Last edited by saimo; 26 February 2022 at 12:17. Reason: Removed attachment.
Old 22 February 2022, 20:06   #4
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Thanks, I've updated the MeMO screens and added the Coding - Assembly tag.

For Follix, entry 6500 is the floppy release and entry 6501 is the CD32/CD release. I'll keep them separate as this is the usual way that we represent different hardware releases.
Old 22 February 2022, 21:38   #5
saimo

Follix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett View Post
Thanks, I've updated the MeMO screens and added the Coding - Assembly tag.
Thanks again

Quote:
For Follix, entry 6500 is the floppy release and entry 6501 is the CD32/CD release. I'll keep them separate as this is the usual way that we represent different hardware releases.
I see, thanks for clarifying. Just one note for your own evaluation: the game executable and data are exactly the same on both floppy and CD (i.e. the CD image exists just to make it easy to run the game on Amiga CD32 machines that don't have other drives).

Some additional information...
  • MeMO has also the graphician and musician credits, so I guess Follix should have those, too? Also, if you have categories for them, there are (level) design and documentation.
  • Can the website URL be changed to https://www.retream.com/Follix (which, at the moment, redirects to the itch.io page)? The reason is that if itch.io goes down one day the link will become invalid out of my control.
  • Would this point of curiosity make for a good note? Follix has been made with ALS.

Last edited by saimo; 26 February 2022 at 12:18. Reason: Added title.
Old 26 February 2022, 12:16   #6
saimo

ArtPazz

Looking at the other games already in HOL, I realized that ArtPazz would need the same corrections suggested for Follix in the previous post:
* credits could be extended;
* https://www.retream.com/ArtPazz would be a better URL;
* a note that said that it's been made with ALS might be good.

Also, now that I think of it, I see that there's only one entry (6478), with the tags AGA and AmigaCD: given that ArtPazz is Follix' brother (done few months earlier, with the same tools) and is distributed exactly like Follix (i.e. single version for all systems, but available as .lha, .adf and .iso), the games should have analoguous entries (i.e. either both have a single entry, or both have two separate entries - whichever is appropriate according to the HOL criteria).
Old 23 May 2022, 15:45   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimo View Post
[*]MeMO has also the graphician and musician credits, so I guess Follix should have those, too? Also, if you have categories for them, there are (level) design and documentation.
Added the info to MeMO and ArtPazz. Adding a 'Misc artist' wouldn't make much sense as it is clear and you made the game by yourself Let me know if there's anything else to change.
Old 24 May 2022, 16:21   #8
saimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Added the info to MeMO and ArtPazz. Adding a 'Misc artist' wouldn't make much sense as it is clear and you made the game by yourself Let me know if there's anything else to change.
Great job, thank you so much!

Regarding MeMO, since I recently released an update, the short history line now says "2022" instead of "2021" (so, "Originally made in 1996. Hastily rewritted in 2003. Heavily reworked in 2011. Improved from 2012 to 2022."). Also the corresponding screeshot has changed accordingly:

Sorry for the inconvenience

Regarding ArtPazz, the Amiga CD32 entry is missing precisely the "CD32" tag in the hardware line.
Old 24 May 2022, 16:35   #9
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Added both info to HOL
Old 24 May 2022, 19:12   #10
saimo

Quote:
Added both info to HOL

I was thinking: is it maybe better to remove altogether screeshot like the one above? Who knows, I might update MeMO again the future and the screenshot will become twice as obsolete...
Old 24 May 2022, 19:17   #11
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
I was thinking: is it maybe better to remove altogether screeshot like the one above? Who knows, I might update MeMO again the future and the screenshot will become twice as obsolete...
Ah, I didn't check the screenshots. Might be an idea to remove it until you consider it 'final'. Your choice though I'll upload the new screenshot tomorrow if you wish to keep it.
Old 24 May 2022, 19:31   #12
saimo

Knowing myself, nothing can ever be considered final
Just remove it, and we'll all be safe and happy!
Old 24 May 2022, 19:33   #13
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Just remove it, and we'll all be safe and happy!
And done
Old 24 May 2022, 20:57   #14
saimo

Quote:
And done