English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 30 September 2019, 04:24   #1
zorblon98

Music-X 2.0 - Possible to request an app to be WHDLoad?

Any chance of a WHDLoad version of Music-X 2.0? I couldn't seem to find any rules about applications here, though the title of the forum is 'Games images which need to be WHDified'....
Old 30 September 2019, 05:37   #2
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

I don't see the point, it should be compatible anyway and thus not need a slave.

An app running under WHDLoad will not be able to multitask or otherwise interact with anything running outside of WHDLoad, which limits its usefulness in this situation.
Old 30 September 2019, 22:10   #3
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
An app running under WHDLoad will not be able to multitask or otherwise interact with anything running outside of WHDLoad, which limits its usefulness in this situation.
Wrong. Some whdload sierra slaves can pilot Roland MT32 device. Serial port is still active from whdload (specially if it uses relocated kick, so kickemu ROM routines are in control of the serial port)

I'd see an useful usage for an old application requiring kick 1.3 for instance. Or not liking 32-bit fastmem, something like that.

Otherwise, you're globally right. Display would be limited to PAL/NTSC (dblpal maybe) so no gfx boards, no switch back to WB (or definite quit), limited file access... It would require good reasons to "virtualize" apps.
Old 30 September 2019, 22:37   #4
zorblon98

Thanks for the input guys. I own Music-X 2.0 (and 1.0 and 1.1 version) original disks and I'm able to run the programs just fine in my Amiga. Just not able to run it with my accelerator card using ClassicWB.

I was trying to think of some way to use Music-X with my accelerator card and CF card so I can easily move samples from my PC to the card and use within Music-X, without the floppy hassle. I do have a SD Floppy Emulator and can work the old way with real floppies or emulated ones so it's fine as it is. Just popped up in my head and wondered about this kind of option.

In my case I would not need any MIDI connectivity, it would be composing manually using mouse and samples saved to disk. But again, I have no clue what is or is not possible so completely trust those of you familiar with all of this. Feel free to delete or move this thread or whatever needed if it doesn't belong here.
Old 30 September 2019, 22:53   #5
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Does Music X crash when used with accelerator?