English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 27 May 2022, 11:16   #21
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I'm adding that one to my list, back in the day I got as far as getting a first ant attack and then I wussed out (I was a small child and afraid of everything)
Speaking of ICftD, I found it frustrating due to the high level language used to write the action sequences back then (especially shooting off the antenna on the ant at the first meeting at the .......) The controls are really laggy making it artificially difficult so I gave up on it back then after a while.

I sat down and thought about this and did a couple of tests in WinUAE and it turns out I do have a reason to power on my A4000/040 now....Cinemaware games like this or Rocket Ranger! (although the lunarium business is highly annoying to play now even via a Gotek etc).

Not really a complaint towards Cinemaware, to actually make these games happen, as opposed to down/side conversions to other machines using a finished game, so there really wasn't an easy way to push the creativity that far whilst working at the same sort of epic chipset bandwidth utilisation in thinks like the above ground start level of Beast 1.

I would imagine playing this on my huge Plasma TV via the CDTV ISO using the remote would be fascinating.

I did think about trying to recreate the apartment in my garden but couldn't find enough info about the hero's home.

Last edited by ImmortalA1000; 27 May 2022 at 11:17. Reason: typo
Old 27 May 2022, 15:15   #22
Fiery Phoenix

Loved Rocket Ranger and used to have no trouble taking off - last time I tried it, I could not do it! Annoying as hell!
Old 27 May 2022, 17:22   #23
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalA1000 View Post
I did think about trying to recreate the apartment in my garden but couldn't find enough info about the hero's home.
Wait, what?
Old 02 June 2022, 02:07   #24
Akiko

On my bucket-list this year I want to complete 3 games from my childhood that I never finished first time around.

Captain Planet
Obitus
Diggers CD32
Old 02 June 2022, 08:30   #25
DisasterIncarna

Deuteros
Old 02 June 2022, 10:29   #26
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiko View Post
On my bucket-list this year I want to complete 3 games from my childhood that I never finished first time around.

Obitus
A game which does not seem to have a proper longplay yet, to this day. At least not on Youtube. That should probably be a hint as to what you get yourself into One of those games where I absolutely love the style and the idea, but the game itself is just not fun in the long run. Voodoo Nightmare would be another such game. I keep trying though.