English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 May 2022, 13:44   #1
AMIGAX10

F12 brings up empty transparent window

Hello.

Bloody hell I just typed up the thread, clicked on submit thread and it logged me out and deleted the thread! Not typing that up again.

Ingame from V3.0 pressing F12 bugs out the GUI, just an empty transparent window.

Tested from v3.0 and they all bug out. What setting fixes this?

Thanks.
Old 17 May 2022, 17:12   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Thats weird, never heard anything like this.. Sounds more like Windows side problem if same happens with current and 5+ years old versions.

Does it only happen in fullscreen mode? Check also that you have D3D9 or D3D11 mode enabled. DirectDraw can be problematic with Windows 8+, especially in fullscreen.
Old 21 May 2022, 13:39   #3
AMIGAX10

Hello and thanks for the reply.

So v3.0 the renderer is Direct3D and the issue occurs when the PC is booted up, I tried to grab a screenshot of the empty GUI, pressed Printscreen and the GUI loaded up instantly? Then if you close the GUI and press F12 again, it works as intended.

So I tested v3.0 on an old laptop, cloned the settings over, it worked for the first time, rebooted and now when you press F12 the whole program bugs out, black screen, cannot get back ingame.

I tried v3.6.1 and set it to Direct9 but the framepacing is not accurate, seems between each frame there's like a smearing effect, doesn't feel like an Amiga, also with v3.6.1 the surround sound don't work, it only applies to left/right speakers where v3.0 the surround sound works fine. I tried Directx11 setting on v3.6.1 and the window minimizes and brings up the GUI but Dx11 don't look or feel right?

v3.0 is the best version, the framepacing is perfect, sharp FPS between each frame, surround sound works, just feels much more authentic.

I also had some random crashes with all version when pressing F12 ingame, Faulting name SHELL32, could this be anything to do with setting Windows to High Contrast mode?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again.
Old 25 May 2022, 16:37   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Can you narrow it down specific version that introduced the frame pacing problem? I don't support old versions but if I know exact version that introduced something bad (preferably exact beta version), I can try to fix it in next update.

GUI problem sounds like something to do with drivers or something like that because WinUAE GUI uses standard win32 UI elements.