English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 June 2022, 14:05   #361
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
@rabidgerry

This was a back of an old version which is fixed for some time now. You won't have that with the new version.
Well new version is now installed
Old 13 June 2022, 16:38   #362
rabidgerry

Something Decker brought up in post https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=171

I too have this issue and just accepted it as IS, but upon reading that it was an actual issue I decided to try and do something about. I believe it was to do with the renderlib version and guigfx. I matched the versions that were recommended in the proceeding posts after but still I have the issue where screen shots are more pixelated than they were in iGameV1.6a.

I realise this might have been addressed already but for a simpleton like me can anyone advise?
Old 21 June 2022, 11:29   #363
walkero

@rabidgerry
Actually, they are not more pixelated but they have more dithering. In both situations, iGame configuration is the same? I mean, do they both use (or not) the GuiGfx?

I will check what kind of changes happened on that particular feature and will get back to you.
Old 21 June 2022, 12:15   #364
OlafSch

Quote:
@rabidgerry
Actually, they are not more pixelated but they have more dithering. In both situations, iGame configuration is the same? I mean, do they both use (or not) the GuiGfx?

I will check what kind of changes happened on that particular feature and will get back to you.
thanks a lot for your work
Old 26 June 2022, 21:45   #365
rabidgerry

Quote:
@rabidgerry

Hmm I'm not sure. I'll have to look into my 1.6a install and see.
Old 27 June 2022, 14:43   #366
walkero

That would be helpful because this way will know which side of the code is involved. If they are different, try to align it with 1.6 and see if you have any difference. And please inform me of the findings.
Old 06 November 2022, 16:31   #367
walkero

I wanted to let you know that I just released a new version of iGame v2.2.0. It includes a few changes that I believe you are going to find quite useful. Also, from now on there are not going to be beta versions any more.

You can find it at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/releases/tag/v2.2.0 and soon on Aminet and OS4Depot.

In this version you will find the following changes:

### Added
- Added automatic release to Aminet and OS4Depot through the CI/CD whenever a new release tag is created at the repo

### Changed
- Removed completely the Tooltypes. Now iGame defaults to the optimal settings and uses only the settings file to change its behaviour.
- Now if the file "envarc:igame.prefs" exists then this is used by iGame, instead of the one that exists at the PROGDIR:. This way multiple iGame instances will have common settings (#173)
- Introducing semantic versioning. No beta versions any more. Now the versions will have three digits based on MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH pattern. More info at https://semver.org/
Old 06 November 2022, 17:08   #368
wiz12

Quote:
I wanted to let you know that I just released a new version of iGame v2.2.0. It includes a few changes that I believe you are going to find quite useful. Also, from now on there are not going to be beta versions any more.

You can find it at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/releases/tag/v2.2.0 and soon on Aminet and OS4Depot.

In this version you will find the following changes:

### Added
- Added automatic release to Aminet and OS4Depot through the CI/CD whenever a new release tag is created at the repo

### Changed
- Removed completely the Tooltypes. Now iGame defaults to the optimal settings and uses only the settings file to change its behaviour.
- Now if the file "envarc:igame.prefs" exists then this is used by iGame, instead of the one that exists at the PROGDIR:. This way multiple iGame instances will have common settings (#173)
- Introducing semantic versioning. No beta versions any more. Now the versions will have three digits based on MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH pattern. More info at https://semver.org/

Thanks walkero for another update, having igame.prefs stored in envarc is a useful feature to have if using multiple copies of iGame but I wonder if iGame could ever have a "games or demos" selection option or include such a feature in the title menu if one only wants to run one instance of iGame?
Old 06 November 2022, 17:33   #369
Weasel Fierce

Thank you for all your hard work
Old 06 November 2022, 17:40   #370
walkero

Quote:
having igame.prefs stored in envarc is a useful feature to have if using multiple copies of iGame
That idea came as a request on the GitHub page a few days ago, by IvanEBC.

Quote:
...but I wonder if iGame could ever have a "games or demos" selection option or include such a feature in the title menu if one only wants to run one instance of iGame?
This is one of the futures I'd love to see in iGame. The reason why this is not there yet is that there is a need to change the repositories completely and create collections (Games, demos etc.) that each of which will have its own repositories. This also requires a more optimised way to store the games lists.

In the previous months, I experimented with using sqlite which would make the perfect solution for having games lists and multiple repositories and collections. I have a working version for OS4 but unfortunately, I couldn't make a 68k work well, because it was unstable crashing all the time. I am still looking into that solution though. This is one feature that unfortunately needs time to be implemented.
Old 06 November 2022, 20:21   #371
rabidgerry

May be this has come in the nick of time as 2.1 has stopped working for me. Just wont load. Beta 2.1b3 still works randomly though.
Old 06 November 2022, 21:07   #372
walkero

@rabidgerry
If you keep on having problems, please contact me or create an issue at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues and I will have a look at it.
Old 07 November 2022, 12:15   #373
rabidgerry

Quote:
@rabidgerry
If you keep on having problems, please contact me or create an issue at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues and I will have a look at it.
Ok no worries @walkero

Alas v2.2.0 has been installed and is running ok so far. I copied my game list from the old version over and swapped it out with the new iGame. Simple because I get fed up having to edit all the names of the games without the fancy junk extra characters they seem to come with thus putting them out of Alphabetical order.

I have a question regarding adding non whd load games. I have one game I can run out of iGame, but when I add it as an entry in iGame v2 it doesn't work. I believe when I added it to the original v1.6 it did work ok but not with the newer versions. It just freezes or loads a white screen. Should this game be able to load ok from iGame or are their restrictions to what can open and what cannot?
Old 07 November 2022, 12:48   #374
Superman

Great job this is working really nicely for me.

It’s nice to see that now the “alt alt alt… etc” that used to appear quite regularly has now been massively improved and it does display the correct names is most cases. It is still there in a few listings but great job on greatly improving this.

Last edited by Superman; 07 November 2022 at 13:25.
Old 07 November 2022, 13:42   #375
walkero

@rabidgerry
Quote:
I have a question regarding adding non whd load games. I have one game I can run out of iGame, but when I add it as an entry in iGame v2 it doesn't work. I believe when I added it to the original v1.6 it did work ok but not with the newer versions. It just freezes or loads a white screen. Should this game be able to load ok from iGame or are their restrictions to what can open and what cannot?
Thank you so much for testing the new version. It should work fine with the latest iGame as well, if it runs from WB. Which game is it, in case I have it and I can test it.

@Superman
Quote:
It’s nice to see that now the “alt alt alt… etc” that used to appear quite regularly has now been massively improved and it does display the correct names is most cases
I am glad the new version works better for you. That behaviour was in v2 of iGame for a long time, but you had to enable it in the settings. In the last release I set it as the default behaviour, which I believe it's much better and will work great on all systems. No need to mess with the ToolTypes anymore.

The problem with the multiple "Alt" in the list is something I try to solve, but it is necessary to change the way we store the lists of the games. Will get there.

Thank you all for using iGame. Knowing that my work is useful for some people motivates me to keep on doing it.
Old 07 November 2022, 15:17   #376
tero

If i change the settings to show screenshots and save it iGame won't start anymore. I have to delete the config file for it to start again. The last beta version worked fine.
I testet some other settings but it only happens if i change the 'Hide Screenshot' setting.
Snoopdos tells me nothing with 'load render.library = OK' as the last entry.
Old 07 November 2022, 15:55   #377
rabidgerry

Quote:
@rabidgerry

Thank you so much for testing the new version. It should work fine with the latest iGame as well, if it runs from WB. Which game is it, in case I have it and I can test it.
No not a problem at all. Thank you for conituelly developing iGame.

It's Meynaf's ST port of Arctic Moves. Normally I just double click the file that says "arctic". I also believe the files I extracted from an ADF into a drawer and then run from there.

http://meynaf.free.fr/pr/index_en.html
Old 07 November 2022, 16:06   #378
walkero

@tero
Quote:
If i change the settings to show screenshots and save it iGame won't start anymore. I have to delete the config file for it to start again. The last beta version worked fine.
Which was the last version you used and worked?
Try to start the new version from a shell, where you will get why it fails. Possibly you are missing a library, and I guess the guigfx.
Please let me know your findings.

@rabidgerry
Cool. I will have a look on it and let you know.
Old 07 November 2022, 16:23   #379
tero

Quote:
@tero

Which was the last version you used and worked?
Try to start the new version from a shell, where you will get why it fails. Possibly you are missing a library, and I guess the guigfx.
Thanks for the hint. I don't know the exact iGame Version i used before as this is a new WB install.

It was render.library. I had version 40.8 installed and iGame couldn't load version 30 or greater.
I installed a newer version (v32) and now it works. Wierdly enough v32 is newer than v40.8.

It came to me while installing the library: I had this exact error before, should be somewhere on eab in an iGame post.

EDIT: To Bad that snoopDOS tells me that render.library was OK. I guess because the version numbering.

Last edited by tero; 07 November 2022 at 16:29.
Old 07 November 2022, 16:48   #380
walkero

SnoopDos checks if the library exists, not if this is the one the program needs. This is something that each application should check on its own, based on the required features.

I am glad it works for you now.

Last edited by walkero; 07 November 2022 at 16:58.