English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 29 May 2013, 21:33   #1
retro-boy1974

fresh reinstall winuae bringing up old cwb?

hi guys,

i ran through the winuae emulation as a test and aborted the workbench disk image install after disk 1 as i was just messing about.

classic wb boots in winuae but i want to completely start again as i now have bought a CF card so will be setting up CWB for real - problem is i cant start from scratch - everytime i start emulation it keeps going back to the old wb screen when i only partially installed it - i now want to start again and i have all the workbench 3.1 image disks so want to install fonts, locale etc.

i've tried uninstalling winuae in full and maunally deleted all winuae files/folders i can think of but when i do a reinstall of winuae and try to start the install process again when i click start it keeps remembering my first 'test' install somehow and goes straight to cwm screen??

any ideas - there must be a way to completely deleted everything and start all over again!?

Old 29 May 2013, 22:29   #2
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro-boy1974 View Post
hi guys,

i ran through the winuae emulation as a test and aborted the workbench disk image install after disk 1 as i was just messing about.

classic wb boots in winuae but i want to completely start again as i now have bought a CF card so will be setting up CWB for real - problem is i cant start from scratch - everytime i start emulation it keeps going back to the old wb screen when i only partially installed it - i now want to start again and i have all the workbench 3.1 image disks so want to install fonts, locale etc.

i've tried uninstalling winuae in full and maunally deleted all winuae files/folders i can think of but when i do a reinstall of winuae and try to start the install process again when i click start it keeps remembering my first 'test' install somehow and goes straight to cwm screen??

any ideas - there must be a way to completely deleted everything and start all over again!?
Try diskparting the Card / HDD, so there is nothing on it, including no RDB.
Or alter the partition size slightly.
Old 29 May 2013, 22:34   #3
Leffmann

I think what you're seeing is Classic WB installing onto its own .HDF. Not very user friendly, but you just make a copy of the original and install onto that, and then copy the whole install to the drive and partition you intend to use.
Old 29 May 2013, 23:17   #4
retro-boy1974

just thought i'd mention that the cf card isnt attached yet, i'm only talking about this happening on windows 7

i'll try using a fresh system.hdf....

Old 31 May 2013, 11:57   #5
retro-boy1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
I think what you're seeing is Classic WB installing onto its own .HDF. Not very user friendly, but you just make a copy of the original and install onto that, and then copy the whole install to the drive and partition you intend to use.
thanks - it was exactly that - i used a new system.hdf file and all fine now!