English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 09 September 2010, 03:54   #1
Emu Amiga
Super dooper Amiga fan
Emu Amiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles / USA
Age: 54
Posts: 110
No storage folder available

Hello, Today i watched your video on youtube and i finally figured out my problem. After starting a fresh ADVSP i noticed that i had no storage drawer as shown in the example. Great video, great software. Any help with the storage folder would be great.
Emu Amiga is offline  
Old 09 September 2010, 04:21   #2
Emu Amiga
Super dooper Amiga fan
Emu Amiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles / USA
Age: 54
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcogy View Post
helo all nice to meet you
bad credit personal loans
find me here

Thanks for the spam, too bad there is no report button ugh
Emu Amiga is offline  
Old 09 September 2010, 08:52   #3
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 24,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu Amiga View Post
Thanks for the spam, too bad there is no report button ugh
There is :

TCD is offline  
Old 09 September 2010, 10:39   #4
Bloodwych
Moderator

Bloodwych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'm behind you!
Posts: 3,763
The ClassicWB packs are designed in their default state to work from one partition - named "System", device DH0:

In the vids, I also have mounted a PC folder (device PC: ) and extra Storage partition (device DH1: ), but these are purely added by choice by the end user and not required. What kind of problem are you having without these?

Anyway, if you want to add a Storage and PC partition, you need to add them under the hard drives tab in WinUAE and save your config. Here you can add a PC folder as a hard drive, or create a new HDF (hard disk file). If you make sure their device names are DH1: and PC:, as previously mentioned, you will get some nice icons automatically and the setup will look like it does in the vids.

You will have to edit the assign-startup file, as shown in the tutorial vid "Using extra partitions and adding to WHDLoad launchers": http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/tutorials.htm

Hope this helps.
Bloodwych is offline  
Old 09 September 2010, 10:43   #5
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 24,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
What kind of problem are you having without these?
Have a look here Bloodwych : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=55016
TCD is offline  
Old 09 September 2010, 16:45   #6
Emu Amiga
Super dooper Amiga fan
Emu Amiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles / USA
Age: 54
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
The ClassicWB packs are designed in their default state to work from one partition - named "System", device DH0:

In the vids, I also have mounted a PC folder (device PC: ) and extra Storage partition (device DH1: ), but these are purely added by choice by the end user and not required. What kind of problem are you having without these?

Anyway, if you want to add a Storage and PC partition, you need to add them under the hard drives tab in WinUAE and save your config. Here you can add a PC folder as a hard drive, or create a new HDF (hard disk file). If you make sure their device names are DH1: and PC:, as previously mentioned, you will get some nice icons automatically and the setup will look like it does in the vids.

You will have to edit the assign-startup file, as shown in the tutorial vid "Using extra partitions and adding to WHDLoad launchers": http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/tutorials.htm

Hope this helps.
Yes, the video really helped. I got it all sorted now, i just created a 'Storage folder' on my C drive along with a C:\PC for KG files. I think this would have been easier in XP, i dislike Vistas' file management.

+10 karma to you sir and thanks again.
Emu Amiga is offline  
Old 09 September 2010, 16:52   #7
Emu Amiga
Super dooper Amiga fan
Emu Amiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles / USA
Age: 54
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Have a look here Bloodwych : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=55016

Old news; but i got it all squared away. I actually put on my thinking cap and followed directions.

I cannot thank you enough, but i'd like too thank you just the same. +20 Karma to you.

Imho this is why making you a moderator was soo the right decision. Thank you for helping the 'noob' yet again.

My father once told me "programmers are born" thanks again.

Edit: Thanks for pointing out the report button, hopefully that spammer will just go away.

Last edited by Emu Amiga; 09 September 2010 at 16:54. Reason: added a comment for thecyberdruid
Emu Amiga is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Request more private message storage kipper2k request.Other 6 27 April 2011 20:23
Cheap storage... Paul_s MarketPlace 6 14 December 2008 19:57
Cleanup in the storage room FreakyDan MarketPlace 3 13 October 2007 23:41
Somebody help me get Storage back! darkwave support.Apps 4 15 July 2004 01:21

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.07845 seconds with 13 queries