English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Thread Tools
Old 09 October 2020, 19:08   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NY / USA
Posts: 165
3.2 Availability questions

I own 3.1.4 for one of my systems and was considering moving all my Amigas to 3.1.4.

Before I go and purchase a few 3.1.4's, will 3.2 be available in the near future?

If I purchase 3.1.4's now will there be an upgrade cost?

I assume new roms will be coming with 3.2 as well?

Thanks for you thoughts.
matt3k is offline  
Old 09 October 2020, 23:41   #2
Registered User

eXeler0's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sweden
Age: 47
Posts: 2,017
Howdy Matt3k, most of what you ask has been addressed in the "official 3.2 thread"
but that one being 40+ pages long I don't really blame you for starting a new thread ;-)

My understanding is this: (In short):
-Release date "When its done".
-If you purchase 3.1.4 now, yes there will most likely be an upgrade cost anyway. If release is so close that they would go out with a campaign and tell you that you can buy now then download 3.2 when its available, when then you'd know that 3.2 is near and just wait for it right? ;-)
-Yes there will be new3.2 ROMS available at some point. To make OS3.2 work on older ROMs like 3.1.4, there will be some extra modules loaded at startup (that would normally be loaded from ROM).
eXeler0 is offline  
Old 10 October 2020, 16:00   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 153
If you have enough patience to wait at least half/full year, then just wait. If not, buy 3.1.4 and be happy now.
Ami is offline  
Old 12 October 2020, 08:38   #4

Storm's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Australia
Age: 47
Posts: 82
Just hang in there a bit longer. You'd hate to buy it and then the new version rocks up a month later.
Storm is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
68060RC50 availability Overmann Amiga scene 3 04 August 2020 20:51
50MHz 030 availability.. eXeler0 support.Hardware 8 30 January 2019 23:09
availability of WinFellow v0.5.1 carfesh support.WinFellow 5 15 April 2013 20:48
MiniMig Availability in Australia rlogan Amiga scene 2 26 August 2009 22:23
Double density availability? Muzkat Retrogaming General Discussion 6 15 March 2002 21:06

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.07130 seconds with 13 queries