English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 17 May 2021, 11:55   #1
Yoji

Support for 3.1.4.1 or 3.2

Quick Q... I suspect I know the answer, but can someone more experienced confirm please.

I presume I cant edit or create a virtual machine in AF to use the new 3.1.4.1 or 3.2 ROMs/Workbench? I could not think how to do it before.. so created a 3.1.4.1 machine in WinUAE directly. I presume I will need do same for a 3.2 Machine?

Would I be right to assume we should not expect any support in future from AF for these new versions/patches, in view of the challenges between Cloanto and Hyperion?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Cheers
Old 17 May 2021, 12:35   #2
Lisko

You could replace the 3.x cloanto's rom with 3.1.4 or 3.2 and then in AF when you select 3.x rom the one you replaced will be used instead
Old 17 May 2021, 13:19   #3
honx

hyperion doesn't give cloanto the rights for using 3.1.4 or 3.2, so i guess that's never gonna happen.
Old 17 May 2021, 17:21   #4
sturme
Zone Friend

Why not just make a 3.2 rp9? then ti will be in your amiga forever list with everything else.
Old 17 May 2021, 20:36   #5
Yoji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisko View Post
You could replace the 3.x cloanto's rom with 3.1.4 or 3.2 and then in AF when you select 3.x rom the one you replaced will be used instead
Thanks .. yes.. but I would have to rename to exactly the ROM name Clenoto uses... looks like I could use the "Logica test 2.0" as that not used/important... but I was hoping to be able just select a ROM file of choice and not be tied to the core config AF allows

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturme View Post
Why not just make a 3.2 rp9? then ti will be in your amiga forever list with everything else.
May be I missuderstand.. but a new rp9 does not allow me use any ROM file I like? AF seems to tie ROMS to machines... and I cant just select a 3.2 ROM if it not on the approved list? Or have I got it all wrong? and need do some more research?
Old 17 May 2021, 20:54   #6
sturme
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoji View Post
May be I missuderstand.. but a new rp9 does not allow me use any ROM file I like? AF seems to tie ROMS to machines... and I cant just select a 3.2 ROM if it not on the approved list? Or have I got it all wrong? and need do some more research?
I have not looked into making a rp9 in quite a while, i see i was wrong as i also see no way to add the files to make the rp9 of of 3.2. when i am able to order my cd of 3.2 i will do some testing with it. one possible idea would be to use winue and make your config in it and possibly convert it to an rp9 but i do not know it that will work without trying it myself.
Old 19 May 2021, 12:45   #7
Yoji

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
hyperion doesn't give cloanto the rights for using 3.1.4 or 3.2, so i guess that's never gonna happen.
Not asking for it to be pre-included in AF... I think thats a bit much to ask considering the bad blood between them currently...
But if AF made it possible/easier to specify specific ROMs .. then if I own the rights through buying from Hyperion.. then I could build my own and it not an issue of Cloanto having the rights.
Though if AF did give that flexibility.... its getting close to "why not just do it yourself in WinUAE?" (which is prob how I will end up doing it... its what I have done for my 3.1.4.1 install)
Old 23 July 2021, 14:54   #8
vatastala

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
I have a real A600 with a Cloanto 3.x phisical ROM installed, and had no problem installing 3.1.4 from scratch, and also update to 3.1.4.1...