English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 11 August 2020, 13:46   #1
Planetinfinity

No response from SPS, did I something wrong

Hello,

I opened a case at http://www.softpres.org at the 31th of march. I asked for the correct parameter for the kryoflux and wrote the name of the games I would like to submit.

Unfortunately the status today for this case is still "new", without any answer.

Did I something wrong or what is the correct way to get in touch with this guy/guys ?

BR Planetinfinity
Old 11 August 2020, 15:24   #2
DamienD
Banned

The SPS guys haven't really bothered with anything for over 5 years plus... the database on their website is out of date and numerous people submitted stuff donkeys ago with no progress.

Unfortunately I doubt you'll ever get a response.

The only person who may assist is dlfrsilver.
Old 11 August 2020, 15:29   #3
Planetinfinity

Hello DamienD,

so this means that the only guys that could create a valid 1:1 copy of the disks (ipf) file are not available anymore and the when the disks are getting defect nobody will be able to reproduce the original disks.

And there is still no software available to easy use the kryoflux to create an ipf file for my own.
Old 11 August 2020, 15:37   #4
DamienD
Banned

Unfortunately, that's the reality...

As mentioned though; dlfrsilver is the only person who can assist; the rest of the team lost interest in anything Amiga many years ago.
Old 11 August 2020, 15:53   #5
Radertified

Someone needs to Kryoflux the SPS team and release them to the public so they're not lost forever.
Old 11 August 2020, 15:56   #6
Planetinfinity

The kryoflux (forum) team is still active and I got help ( when I had problems after buying one) around 3 month ago.

I don't know how the kryoflux is related to the SPS team or whether they are the same guys.
Old 11 August 2020, 17:54   #7
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetinfinity View Post
The kryoflux (forum) team is still active and I got help ( when I had problems after buying one) around 3 month ago.

I don't know how the kryoflux is related to the SPS team or whether they are the same guys.
The guys behind SPS designed the Kryoflux, so yes, they are the same guys!
Old 11 August 2020, 19:51   #8
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Hello,

I opened a case at http://www.softpres.org at the 31th of march. I asked for the correct parameter for the kryoflux and wrote the name of the games I would like to submit.

Unfortunately the status today for this case is still "new", without any answer.

Did I something wrong or what is the correct way to get in touch with this guy/guys ?

BR Planetinfinity
Hi, ok, what is the problem exactly ?
Old 11 August 2020, 20:57   #9
r.cade

Most of the new development and activity with flux imaging has been with Keir Fraser and his Greaseweazle project. If you want a "community" I would suggest looking there. The devices are cheap and software is free.

Kryoflux is for a different audience. Not hobbyists.
Old 12 August 2020, 00:37   #10
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.cade View Post
Most of the new development and activity with flux imaging has been with Keir Fraser and his Greaseweazle project. If you want a "community" I would suggest looking there. The devices are cheap and software is free.

Kryoflux is for a different audience. Not hobbyists.
Even the hobbyists need to make correct disk dumps. And they don't have the technical level for that.

This is why SPS always took this part to manage.
Old 12 August 2020, 17:18   #11
BarryB
Amigaholic

I think Keir was also thinking of using disk-utilities in conjunction with Greaseweazle so it would verify against a known format in disk-utilities while dumping, so you would know if your disk was good or bad if the format was supported.

Obviously this means adding shed loads of new formats to disk-utilities and that isn't going to happen overnight.
Old 14 August 2020, 12:02   #12
Keir

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
I think Keir was also thinking of using disk-utilities in conjunction with Greaseweazle so it would verify against a known format in disk-utilities while dumping, so you would know if your disk was good or bad if the format was supported.

Obviously this means adding shed loads of new formats to disk-utilities and that isn't going to happen overnight.
At the moment I'm still busy making very cheap Greaseweazles. £3 kits and £9 assembled for the F1 (based on STM Blue Pill boards). I got over 100 orders last week!

The Gresaeweazle software will get lots more stuff integrated into it, but it plays well with my disk-utilities using SCP as the intermediate file format. And d-u already supports a *lot* of Amiga track formats (but not all: that is a very mighty task!). But I don't know, maybe approaching 99% of game titles?
Old 14 August 2020, 13:07   #13
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:

Hello, i have answered about your request. The reason you got no answer is that the titles you request are already publicly available in IPF in the tosec, as the contributors released them.
Old 14 August 2020, 21:42   #14
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keir View Post
At the moment I'm still busy making very cheap Greaseweazles. £3 kits and £9 assembled for the F1 (based on STM Blue Pill boards). I got over 100 orders last week!

The Gresaeweazle software will get lots more stuff integrated into it, but it plays well with my disk-utilities using SCP as the intermediate file format. And d-u already supports a *lot* of Amiga track formats (but not all: that is a very mighty task!). But I don't know, maybe approaching 99% of game titles?
That's why I said you was 'thinking' of using d-u as the amount of time to add one format is hours of work and, with the exception of some variants of copylock/speedlock, the most common formats are well known! Plus, like FF took off like a rocket and now Greaseweazle, you're simply not going to look at d-u with anywhere near the same amount of enthusiasm as those two projects
Old 19 August 2020, 12:39   #15
Planetinfinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keir View Post

I looked at the github page but I wasn't able to find the option to irder one of this devices. Could you please provide the link ?
Old 02 September 2020, 09:50   #16
Keir

Quote:
I looked at the github page but I wasn't able to find the option to irder one of this devices. Could you please provide the link ?
I'm selling them informally via FB groups. But PM me via EAB if you're interested.