English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 26 August 2021, 15:42   #41
sparhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzanxia View Post
but even more my collection of disks I had back then. Ok you can download most of them, but there were some rare demo packs on them

Oh yes! I had some discs in my drawer and when I got my A1000 back, I took a look at it. My development system was there and a few sources. Unfortunately my development system is missing a disc, so I can not use it anymore, and I made it myself, so I can also not reconstruct it anymore. What a pity. I had much more discs with source code. but only those few survived. Today, I don't really know anymore what those code did but it's still nice to take a look at it and get reminded of the the times.
Old 26 August 2021, 22:57   #42
UberFreak

Never sold Amiga gear, but traded an A500 and A600.
The A500 I regret as it ended up being a bad deal, but I traded an A600 for an A1000 + original monitor, which I was missing in my collection.
Now that was a deal I dont regret, A1000 are impossible to find around here.
Old 27 August 2021, 08:28   #43
invent
pixels

I have to say I think it's worse the second time round, keep onto them for dear life. If I am lucky to get hold of an A1200 again that was in as great condition as the last one will not ever sell... the kidney's going this time lol

P.S. ok technically, it's selling A500, buying A1200, selling A1200, buying A4000..... big break in time... buying A1200 and then selling it... hmmm

Last edited by invent; 27 August 2021 at 08:52. Reason: additional info
Old 27 August 2021, 09:39   #44
sparhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberFreak View Post
The A500 I regret as it ended up being a bad deal, but I traded an A600 for an A1000 + original monitor, which I was missing in my collection.
Now that was a deal I dont regret, A1000 are impossible to find around here.

Good deal! I regret giving my A1000 away, and last year I finally got one again. And this will definitely never be sold again.
Old 15 November 2021, 03:23   #45
vrxguy

I had 2 A4000T's back in the day, took them to a PC recycling place back in early 2000 what a waste.
Old 15 November 2021, 04:31   #46
desiv

Yeah, although I am having fun rebuilding my collection, so there is that. ;-)
I do miss some of the things I sold that I will almost definitely never get back...
Either because of price or availability.
Some games, like Leander or Neuromancer have, for some reason, just become crazy expensive.
Or some hardware, like the HAM-E graphics board from Black Belt Systems.
I actually won that one in a Compuserve chat session back in the day.
Which I thought was great, until I got my Compuserve bill that month... Apparently control wasn't my strong suit. ;-) So I got my HAM-E, but closed my Compuserve account. ;-)
I now have a DCTV (and a Graffiti board), but I doubt I will ever get a HAM-E again.
Not that I need it or would use it much, but for the nostalgia of it...

No major regrets, because these things just happen.
Old 02 January 2022, 17:33   #47
Styrbjorn

hmm worse, I regret throwing away big box games as a child... my parents should have stopped me

As of late I have had to buy back most of the games I've had as original big box before, pretty irritating
Old 03 January 2022, 16:08   #48
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

I've had quite a few different Amiga setups and expansions over the years including 500, 500+,600, 1200 including NOS Escom 1200 and ended up slowly selling all of it. Now I'm getting back in to the Amiga and shocked at the prices these days! Most of my Amiga stuff back then was either sold on here or Amibay.

I bought a clean looking boxed A500 recently that I tested for 5 seconds before the PSU blew! The A501 RAM expansion has seen better days too (battery leak). I'm now waiting on a new PSU to see if the Amiga itself is still alive!

I still have quite a few old consoles left, even though I don't really get a lot of time to properly play them.
Old 12 January 2022, 19:11   #49
Ostin Maur

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
I do miss some of the things I sold that I will almost definitely never get back...
Some games, like Leander or Neuromancer have, for some reason, just become crazy expensive.
Which I thought was great, until I got my Compuserve bill that month... Apparently control wasn't my strong suit. ;-) So I got my HAM-E, but closed my Compuserve account. ;-)
I now have a DCTV (and a Graffiti board), but I doubt I will ever get a HAM-E again.

No major regrets, because this platform helped me run my own online store.
From the very first day I started building my collection I tried not to sell a thing no matter how broke I felt now I feel relieved to keep it all, all those things that bring me to my childhood. In a way I feel emotional attachment to all the Amiga stuff which comprises my small collection

Last edited by Ostin Maur; 14 January 2022 at 23:03. Reason: spelling
Old 13 January 2022, 22:12   #50
scuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post

No major regrets, because these things just happen.

I have the HAM-E board. But then I have over 125 Amigas too so I'm doing OK I guess.

https://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/scu...ber20_2201.htm
Old 10 February 2022, 19:49   #51
Valvestat

I didn't sell any of my Amiga stuff...

Binned all my personal sample disks for OctaMED - binned all my boxed games and kicked the powerpack of my A1200 accidentally when at Uni. A1200 went in the bin : (

Looking on ebay now at the price of Ami games hurts!! I think I just want to buy back Exile, Turrican 2, Uridium 2, Wizkid, Elite - Frontier, Second Samurai and Hunter (when I have the disposable income!)
Old 12 February 2022, 20:18   #52
pngcan

You Betcha! My A1200 with '030 card, 8MB ram, 4GB card and a slim laptop CDdrive I mounted internally opening out the back (Dremelled the top case to accommodate, no motherboard metal cover) I sold it on ebay in 2012 and only got $395 for it. You can't even get an "untested" NTSC 1.2 Rom Rev 4 A500 with no power supply or mouse for that today. Man If I kept it and sold it today I could pay off the mortgage! lol.