English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 17 January 2019, 10:26   #101
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Weird, usually after the intro the game will drop back to Workbench and show these sound options: .
Damiano is not Weird, as often happens on amiga games, this always happens until you save the game settings, done this will be generated in ENV the file "Genetic.Prefs" and the request will no longer appear
Old 17 January 2019, 19:44   #102
thairacerjp

i have tested to deleting this files and for the first time the game asked me at the launch about the ahi audio setting but it changed nothing about the audio problem, i searching everywhere for this bug, from CD version, it's same, something in my system is wrong...
And i have noticed that after installied the ahi 4.1.8 , my
Icon in preferences changed with a interrogation point,
So is inactive !

Last edited by thairacerjp; 17 January 2019 at 19:55.
Old 17 January 2019, 20:21   #103
AMIGASYSTEM

If it was possible, and your system was small, you could compact it and attach it somewhere. That way we could better understand your problem. The animation "Gs-anim.cdxl" is not necessary for the operation of the game, it is just an introduction, you can also delete
Old 18 January 2019, 12:22   #104
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
The animation "Gs-anim.cdxl" is not necessary for the operation of the game, it is just an introduction, you can also delete
thairacerjp said that he has sound in the introduction so no need to delete this.

His problem was when the engine starts and getting no requester for sound options before the game kicks in...
Old 18 January 2019, 12:41   #105
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
thairacerjp said that he has sound in the introduction so no need to delete this.

His problem was when the engine starts and getting no requester for sound options before the game kicks in...
Yes Damiano, sorry, I just wanted to say that in case he could send his system to someone, it would be better if this were smaller size save the 183 MB of the video
Old 22 January 2019, 19:34   #106
thairacerjp

AMIGASYSTEM , yeah, it's a good idea but my system is huge, many games and utilities.... my plan is to waiting for a new Compaq flash 32 go and i'm going to install on it OS 3.9 for testings somes things and this game, may be on my actual Workbench i will update for solve this issue, i will tell us later from where the problem comes.
Old 10 March 2019, 20:06   #107
thairacerjp

Hi all ! the i finaly have sound in this game !! what a mess ! , is it since i have the TF330 cause i wanted to test the speed with the 68030 and 64 mo of ram, i goes to setup menu and choose Paula DMA 8 BITS +++ without hope and in the menu, the "click" sound comes ans lauching the game, the sound is ON, ON in the settings, it's a Glory DAY
the TF330 is very good , post cllosed lol !!
Old 30 July 2021, 13:14   #108
rabidgerry

I can get this to run in ClassicWB 3.1 without any issue, but with OS3.2 it crashes at a black screen right after I select Paula DMA 8 BITS from AHI selector, does anyone have any ideas what might be causing the crash? I'm using WINUAE btw.

Also how the f**k do you use a joystick/joypad for this games? It says it supports this method of control but I don't see any options for it in the menu.

Last edited by rabidgerry; 30 July 2021 at 17:54.
Old 02 August 2021, 16:30   #109
rabidgerry

No one knows how to use a joystick/joypad with this game then?
Old 02 August 2021, 16:49   #110
hexaae
Bug hunter

The game has no in-game options to set joystick control: was made for keyb + mouse (see ENGINE SETTINGS > CONTROL SETUP).
No mention for joystick support in the manual either: https://thecompany.pl/manual/466_gen...ies-manual.pdf
Old 02 August 2021, 21:08   #111
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
The game has no in-game options to set joystick control: was made for keyb + mouse (see ENGINE SETTINGS > CONTROL SETUP).
No mention for joystick support in the manual either: https://thecompany.pl/manual/466_gen...ies-manual.pdf
That's what I thought, however as you can see from this link.........

http://hol.abime.net/2716

I bolded it also in the list of points from the HOL website. I want to know if this can be done then because this is very misleading.

Notes:
[1] GENETIC SPECIES was released as Volume 4 of Vulcan's MegaSeries of games.

[2] Game concept by Tommy Damskov; game ideas/storyboard by Martin Halberg; level design by Tommy Damskov and Martin Halberg.
Main coding by Per Bloksgaard; additional coding by Steffen Häuser, Aske Simon Christensen and Henrik Münther.
Main graphics by Tommy Damskov; additional gfx by Magnus Thielsen, Mark Sheeky, Bo Selmer Hansen, Jakob Eriksen, Mikkel Bo Smith and Paul Carrington; animation ideas by Martin Halberg; 3D animation/modelling by Zafar Iqbal.
Intro music by Martin Halberg and Simon Ravn; game over/outro music by Martin Halberg; CD digital audio (CDDA) music by Simon Ravn; sound FX by Martin Halberg; additional sound FX by Tommy Damskov, Paul Carrington and Lisa Tunnah; animation sound FX by Martin Halberg and Simon Ravn.
Multilanguage translations/localisations by the Amiga Translators' Organization (ATO).

[3] Min. Specifications (AGA only):

- AGA Amiga
- 68020 CPU
- 2MB chipram + 8MB fastram
- 2xCDROM drive
- HD
- AHI Audio System (manually HD installed from the game CD, Aminet or developer website / repository)

Min. Specifications (RTG only):

- OCS/ECS or AGA Amiga + gfx card (CyberGraphX/Picasso 96 supported)
- 68020 CPU
- 512K chipram + 8MB fastram
- 2xCDROM drive
- HD
- AHI Audio System (manually HD installed from the game CD, Aminet or developer website / repository)
- RTGMaster (manually HD installed from Aminet or the game CD)

Recommended Specifications:

- Amiga or DraCo/DraCo Motion
- 68030/040/060 CPU
- 512K+ chipram, extra fastram (i.e. >8MB; at least 14MB needed for 24-bit colour graphics via gfx card)
- CyberGraphX/Picasso 96 supported gfx card (for 640*XYZ screenmodes and 24-bit colour graphics)
- 4xCDROM drive or faster and/or HD (for smooth viewing of the 3D rendered intro animation)
- sound card
- RTGMaster (manually HD installed from Aminet or the game CD)
- RTGMaster PIP Sublibrary (manually HD installed from Aminet; required for WB window play/PIP only; Picasso IV, CyberVision64/3D or similar gfx card is needed)
- GENETIC SPECIES V4605 Engine Update (manually HD installed; required for WB window play/PIP, 24-bit colour gfx + other features/bugfixes)

[4] GENETIC SPECIES boasts a number of features including:

- coding in 100% assembly language
- full multitasking (memory permitting)
- optimised code for 68030/040/060 CPUs
- DraCo/DraCo Motion support
- single/double screen buffering (gfx card required for single screen buffering)
- 200MB 3D rendered intro animation in HAM8 mode
- fast 3D light-sourced, texture-mapped environment
- 4 huge plot-based levels that feature puzzle-solving
- 16 rendered enemies with high level artificial intelligence and a massive array of weapons
- 256 colour (AGA/RTG) or 16-bit/24-bit colour display (RTG only using GS V4605 Engine Update), high quality (1x1) pixel resolution definition, changeable window sizes for gameplay, screen promotion, NTSC/PAL/multiscan screenmode support
- WB window play/PIP (RTG only using GS V4605 Engine Update)
- sound card/Paula support via AHI
- high quality digital sound and FX with stereo surround sound
- 30 minutes of high quality, atmospheric, in-game CDDA music soundtracks inspired by Vangelis
- mouse/joystick/joypad/keyboard control
- savegames
- quit back to WB option

[5] Some goodies for GENETIC SPECIES enthusiasts, available on Aminet and previously supplied online by developer Marble Eyes, are available for download below:
Old 02 August 2021, 22:35   #112
hexaae
Bug hunter

A mistake probably
Old 03 August 2021, 11:33   #113
rabidgerry

Quote:
A mistake probably
great
Old 03 August 2021, 17:26   #114
hexaae
Bug hunter

Anyway this game is buggy if played in 24bit Picasso96 mode :
Genetic Species: no weapon displayed in RTG mode?
Old 19 February 2022, 18:37   #115
rabidgerry

Quote:
A mistake probably
Just picking up where I left off as no one was really able to answer the whole joypad control support for this game despite being listed in HOL.

It's stupidly simple (albeit not mentioned in the manual I have read or anywhere else) you just go to the control setup where you can input custom key definitions. Here rather than keys press what ever buttons you want to control whatever function you want.

I was able to define my CD32 mapped PSX controller to handle all the controls I need from the pad. Now the game has really opened up to me and I can say it is great. Really interesting FPS full of many secrets and original ideas of game play. Morphing into enemies is a new one for me So yeah it runs ok on 70mhz 060 but at 100mhz it is a lot better thanks to my TF1260.
Old 19 February 2022, 21:55   #116
hexaae
Bug hunter

Good to know!
Yep, it had many good and fresh ideas... Definitely not the usual kill-em-all frenetic fps. Great soundtrack too.
A pity the disappearing weapon bug in fullscreen 24bit.

Last edited by hexaae; 19 February 2022 at 22:02.
Old 19 February 2022, 23:55   #117
rabidgerry

Quote:
Good to know!
Yep, it had many good and fresh ideas... Definitely not the usual kill-em-all frenetic fps. Great soundtrack too.
A pity the disappearing weapon bug in fullscreen 24bit.
Yes I agree, I love running around shooting stuff, but this one is uhhhhh how shall I say???? Unique. I am not simply running around shooting stuff. There is a lot of puzzle or strategy required and bare in mind I'm pure novice at this stage and shit at playing it so I got a long way to go.

Music, I dunno how to set that up? I am using AGA mode so I don't think I have the weapon bug. I am happy with this despite knowing RTG would probably look even better. For me I now have a really cool game to explore using a very user friendly control system. I like the main controls to be on a pad and then stuff like F1 F2 F3 I don't mind having to press on keyboard.

I guess I'm still on level 1, but the levels seem huge. Is this true or am I trippin'?

The whole enemy morph thing is really crazy and unique thing.
Old 20 February 2022, 11:04   #118
hexaae
Bug hunter

There's a CDDA prefs for the music (given you have the CD with music tracks) where you should specify device and unit (e.g. with WinUAE I use uaescsi.device 0)

Background music is beautiful in this game, Vangelis-style...

Last edited by hexaae; 20 February 2022 at 11:11.
Old 23 February 2022, 11:44   #119
rabidgerry

Quote:
There's a CDDA prefs for the music (given you have the CD with music tracks) where you should specify device and unit (e.g. with WinUAE I use uaescsi.device 0)

Background music is beautiful in this game, Vangelis-style...
I don't have a cd drive so I guess there is no point unless I can mount a virtual one in Amiga. Something I know zero about!
Old 23 February 2022, 18:58   #120
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
I don't have a cd drive so I guess there is no point unless I can mount a virtual one in Amiga. Something I know zero about!
A pity
[ Show youtube player ]
(at 4:00 the music of the first level...)