English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 27 May 2013, 21:31   #1
vasco_matias

Soundblaster Live! with A1200T Mediator

Hi,

I recently acquired a Mediator board for my 1200T project and after some trouble configuring the Radeon video card I managed to get it working.

Now, being time for the next challenge, I'm trying to get the sound-card working. I'm using a Sound Blaster Live!.

I've downloaded the AHI drivers (emukx10.audio) but can't seem to get it working at all. Starting AHI to get it configured I get the error message:
"(emukx10.audio) - unable to openpci.library version 1".

I really don't see what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get it working at all... Any help is much welcome. Thanks in advance.

Old 27 May 2013, 21:35   #2
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
I didn't think the Soundblaster Live was supported. I was using a Soundblaster 128 and also tested an FM801 based sound card using the Elbox Drivers from the MMCD, all working fine.

Only issue I had was unless I put the Sound Card in slot 4 (from the top) I would get an error 'unable to open mixer' on booting (and of course the Soundcard didn't work.

So if you're using some special driver I didn't know existed you could try another slot
Old 27 May 2013, 22:34   #3
vasco_matias

that's the thing, on the Elbox site (http://www.elbox.com/products/mediator_pci_1200_tx.html) they mention that SB live is compatible:

"Address and data parity control support
Address and data parity are supported in all Mediator slots. Parity support is necessary for using PCI cards like Sound Blaster Audigy, Sound Blaster Live! or ForteMedia FM801-based PCI cards. "

However, this TX version has been replaced by a new model that I have (LT4), and for this model I can't find any mention to SB live!

I think I'll have more luck if I manage to get a SB 128 card... shouldn't be too expensive on e-bay.

Old 27 May 2013, 22:39   #4
roy bates

this is what i use as a reference for the cards,and then i cross reference with the actual item i use.

http://www.elbox.com/mediator_driver_guide.html

check what happens when you get to your card on the list.
Old 27 May 2013, 22:43   #5
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Indeed SB128 should be very cheap and is fully supported
Old 27 May 2013, 23:41   #6
Cymru

Soundblaster Live! with A1200T Mediator

Tried both SB128 and F801 cards, both are recognized by PCIinfo, neither works at all with AHI +\- Mixer\Ghostmix and proper audio files (not emux10 -- for UAE). Don't know what causes the lack of function: sx, Rx, or LT4. Works ok it my Big Box Mediators.
Old 28 May 2013, 07:27   #7
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

try ahi v4 and see if that works

isnt unable to openpci.library version 1". this for grex, mediators dont use openpci do they
Old 28 May 2013, 07:51   #8
Sandro
Banned

soundblaster live series are not yet supported by mediator official drivers
plus mediator suffer irq problems like a PC if a pci card requires specific irq
for example a soundblaster live requires a free irq 5, and can't be shared
Old 28 May 2013, 08:17   #9
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Yep, for SB Live! it reads "in development".
Old 28 May 2013, 09:04   #10
roy bates

oh,before i forget.

if you get a sb128 make very sure that the "ctxxxx" number listed under "sound card model" matches the one you get otherwise it may not work.

im saying this because theres alot of versions of the sb128 out there,i checked mine before i bought it.anything other than the one tested is a risk and waste of money no matter how cheap it is.(the card will still show in the system even if its not supported)

if in dought as to what it is looking at it,simply ask the vender what model it is to be sure.

i got mine for £5 including shipping.
Old 01 June 2013, 17:31   #11
vasco_matias

Hey guys! I got myself a SB128 on e-bay for 2 euro and it rocks! My 1200T is rock&rolling
Thanks for your advices!

Old 01 June 2013, 17:32   #12
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Great news
Old 11 January 2021, 19:46   #13
Overmann

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead but does anyone know if SB live! works with the new Mediator PCI 1200 TX Black? I see that those sound cards were implied to work with the previous Mediator TX.
Also, is Elbox still developing drivers for these Mediator boards? As far as I can tell there hasn't really been any significant development in atleast 10 years, but then again their website is never updated. :/
Old 11 January 2021, 23:29   #14
jurassicman

I have a Mediator PCI 1200 TX Black and as far as I remember I did try a SoundBlaster Live! but it didn't work properly... I remember that I did have something like an emu10k.audio file or so for AHI.
It was about 3 years ago, though, and I could be wrong. I'm sorry I can't be of more help however on the Elbox website there is no mention about full support of the SoundBlaster Live!
Old 11 January 2021, 23:53   #15
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmann View Post
Sorry to raise this thread from the dead but does anyone know if SB live! works with the new Mediator PCI 1200 TX Black? I see that those sound cards were implied to work with the previous Mediator TX.
Also, is Elbox still developing drivers for these Mediator boards? As far as I can tell there hasn't really been any significant development in atleast 10 years, but then again their website is never updated. :/
No the SB Live not known to work with the Mediator. The OpenPCI drivers might work on one of the other platforms that the drivers were released for like Amithlon but not the Mediator on 68k 3.x. Nobody has ever reported that they work, many have tried. If you're lucky you can get a partial sound to play before it hangs.

You can use it as a simple mixer, like you could route CD Audio to the board and the Paula audio out to line-in and output via the line out on the SB Live-but that very specific function is all it's good for with the currently available drivers. The AHI drivers Don't Work™