English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 November 2020, 19:16   #321
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Most Vampire posts removed. I have left only the first ones so that Adrian Cummings can ponder whether or not the Vampire market is interesting or not.

I would have believed Predseda's repeated posts asking for you people to stop getting the thread off-topic would have been enough, but apparently not. So here is a clear warning not to derail this thread again with that. And other threads of course....
Old 08 November 2020, 19:45   #322
AMike

AGA 2MB is perfectly fine - I always find it interesting what is possible on a standard system. Like for example on a A500 512/512kb, or a A1200 with 2MB.
Old 08 November 2020, 20:45   #323
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

@lilalurl Thank you I appreciate that very much as I just want everybody to be happy, I am not very informed in the Vampire dept. TBH and if it even works on Vampire I will have to simply consider it as a bonus as I am old skool Amiga mostly

@AMike Yes I try to write for the base system always when it comes creating games. In this case Wiz was primarily aimed at stock Amiga A1200 (PAL). I will expand my system suport repertoire a little more perhaps if I am fortunate enough to develop any more Amiga games in future.

Stay happy and AMIGAAAAA!

Adrian
Old 08 November 2020, 20:47   #324
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
And now... CYBERPUNKS 2 please
Old 08 November 2020, 20:56   #325
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
And now... CYBERPUNKS 2 please
I have already begun some very early layout work on that last week.

Soon I hope to have a CD32 here so that I can debug the loader 100%. After that then I can move on into 2021 but as I said earlier the future is not set and almost anything could happen.

Thanks

Adrian
Old 08 November 2020, 21:04   #326
manossg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cummings View Post
I have already begun some very early layout work on that last week.
Banzai! Great news!
Old 08 November 2020, 21:29   #327
viddi

Ah yes! I have an A1200 with Vampire and it works. No probs here.
Old 08 November 2020, 22:08   #328
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

@viddi Superb and at least it works on that too which is a bonus!
Old 09 November 2020, 07:57   #329
Solo Kazuki

Are all floppy version sold? If yes, how many (if it's not a secret) sets are? And how much time was needed to sell all quantity?
Old 09 November 2020, 08:03   #330
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
Are all floppy version sold? If yes, how many (if it's not a secret) sets are? And how much time was needed to sell all quantity?
There were 105 units on floppy disks and they sold out in about 36hrs.

Only usb remain and they are about 50% depleted as of this morning.
Old 09 November 2020, 08:29   #331
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
there were 105 sets, sold within day and half.
Old 09 November 2020, 09:53   #332
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Just about to run all the packets and boxes down to the post office. Please allow for covid restrictions regards delivery speed in you own country of course.
Old 09 November 2020, 10:48   #333
Solo Kazuki

One more question. Is my joypad not working well, or is changing spells on green button?
Old 09 November 2020, 11:25   #334
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
just a short comment...

to have a bigger market a whdload version is needed (Vampire V4 has no disc drive) and perhaps a test version with one level
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMor View Post
Well, there are at least 5000 Vampires around, a number not to be underestimated if you think about the niche market it is aimed at. For example I will test WIZ, as well as any other new game that comes out, on 1200 + V1200.:essere d'accordo
Quote:
Originally Posted by viddi View Post
Ah yes! I have an A1200 with Vampire and it works. No probs here.
Quote:
Regards the other thing going on here... When I created the game I firmly had stock Amiga 1200 in mind. That is because there was at least 23years gap between releases and I missed a lot in-between LOL. I have learned a lot more even in the last few weeks TBH and if there are any further releases I will try to up my game further in an attempt to please even more Amigan's of all shapes and sizes etc. but there are some limits to what I can actually do of course. My methods are somewhat out of touch and old skool in reality.
Adrian, I think you've done a commendable job on trying to cater for the different flavours of Amiga use (legacy hardware + emulation)!

Just to clarify for you (plus the first two posters and without wanting to cause a fuss again, for that matter)....unlike previous iterations of the Vampire, the Vampire 4 is a standalone system that does not connect to legacy hardware such as the A500 or A1200 that possess floppy drives and other standard peripherals (much like Amiga FPGA solutions such as the MiSTer or, less similarly, next-gen AmigaOS4/MorphOS systems like the SAM 460). Consequently, they make up a small fraction of all Vampire users and a much, much smaller fraction of the worldwide Amiga market which you're aiming Wiz AGA at. As it stands, running AGA games on the Vampire 4 that came before Wiz AGA can and has been problematic due to the absence of a physical AGA chipset.

I think it's more than reasonable for you to suggest that any Amiga users (including Vampire 4, AmigaOS4/MorphOS, MiSTer, 040 users etc.) who are having problems running Wiz AGA currently wait for a WHDLoad version to be released. At the end of the day, you only have access to so many flavours of Amiga between yourself, your friends/family/beta testers and net contacts. If a few Amiga netizens can't accept that, then so be it.

You've shown yourself to be more than accommodating by adding last minute support and features requested by potential customers - so much so that you & your wife had to hurriedly re-copy ~100 disks for the first batch of games that have just been sold out! There will always be people asking you to do better in the kooky Amiga world that we reside in!

However, as the old adage goes....you can't please all of the people, all of the time! My experience has been....you shouldn't have to (or want to) if you've done your very best to offer them a product or service that largely does the job for the people that it was intended for. My sincerest congratulations goes to you, your wife & support team on the very successful relaunch of Mutation Software in the Amiga market. You not only re-issued your back-catalogue games to a market that could not afford or abide the outrageous prices being demanded by Ebay profiteers, but you went the whole nine yards for the Amiga community and produced a first-class AGA game for the masses in 2020. Very well done, sir!
Old 09 November 2020, 11:34   #335
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Just about to run all the packets and boxes down to the post office. Please allow for covid restrictions regards delivery speed in you own country of course.
Can't wait! At least they'll get to Oz in time for Christmas now. I'm not sure that they would've if you'd stuck to your original December release date for the game.
Old 09 November 2020, 12:05   #336
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

@DrBong Thank you so much for you comments above. For a 2.5 person team here being myself, wife and dog, we reached the real limit of what we can do this weekend. Although it was 100% fantastic along with the AmigaBill stream an everything, it has eaten a lot of time to do everything. We want to to more in future tho it has to be said, but it's time to put the brakes on a little before we swerve off the road and crash to speak.

We have other things in the wings as I type but some of it is best saved for 2021 so we can do it justice before release.

Thank you again,

Adrian & Jane (& Schnoodle Doggy)

Last edited by Adrian Cummings; 09 November 2020 at 12:10.
Old 09 November 2020, 12:07   #337
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Can't wait! At least they'll get to Oz in time for Christmas now. I'm not sure that they would've if you'd stuck to your original December release date for the game.
Totally! all gone off today, the post office have processed all packets and parcels they just told me although in no particular order. Anybody with double packets can and should expect them to arrive and different time intervals.

Mostly anybody with 4 or more games should expect to see a box arrive at the destination address.

Thanks,

Adrian

Last edited by Adrian Cummings; 09 November 2020 at 12:22.
Old 09 November 2020, 12:10   #338
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
One more question. Is my joypad not working well, or is changing spells on green button?
Yes on CD32 controller at least it's:

Red = Fire
Blue = Jump
Green = Change Spell

Thanks,

Adrian
Old 09 November 2020, 12:20   #339
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

This is what we hope to release in 2021+ above and beyond the here and now:

Mutation Gold Compilation - Remaster and reissue for CD32 CDROM only.

Wiz USB (ADF's) + CD32 CDROM in a BIG Box release (very limited run collectors pre-order).

CyberPunks 2 - The Next Generation (A1200 AGA & CD32 CDROM versions)

Some of that may even spill into 2022 as we only have 1 pair of hands and eyes each and do not work on Mutation stuff all day or every day normally - it's more of a part time gig in reality once a new game has been shipped and the release madness has died down

That is what we hope anyway.

Thanks,

Adrian
Old 09 November 2020, 13:13   #340
viddi

Yep, I know the "hassle".
In 2016 I had to post almost 500 "Tales of Gorluth II" games.

Anyway, looking forward to your upcoming releases!!