English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 February 2007, 13:40   #1
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
i dont know if its a bug, or simply me not being able to figure it out properly, but when using the Input prefs to assign buttons to my X360 pad through Config 1 (Joy2 horis/vert/cd32 buttons), the mouse buttons get locked out. I can move mouse pointer no issue, but cant clickbuttons for icon clicking on wb.

I have to go into input menu and click on and off the config 1 as required which is a little annoying. I just want to perminantly assign the config to the joyport and leave the mouse untouched in port 0. In fact if i enable input config 1, the settings in game i/o seem to get ignored.
Old 28 February 2007, 13:53   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

(move AGAIN from beta thread). Please, stop posting general winuae questions in beta thread..

Enabling input (not in compatibility mode) disables port-panel selections.

You must also configure mouse manually in input panel.
Old 28 February 2007, 14:16   #3
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

where to config ? i can only enable one device at a time. if tick next to gamepad is on, then mouse buttons is off. Both are configuered, so correct buttons appear as I choose device.

thinking that the 1-4 selection at bottom might mean port nummber, I have set in both, but no difference.
Old 28 February 2007, 14:31   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt
where to config ? i can only enable one device at a time. if tick next to gamepad is on, then mouse buttons is off. Both are configuered, so correct buttons appear as I choose device.
Email your config file (with both joystick and mouse enabled), thanks.

Quote:
thinking that the 1-4 selection at bottom might mean port nummber, I have set in both, but no difference.
No. It is "sub" selection only. (can map max 4 Amiga events to single host event). Why does everyone think it is some kind of port number
Old 28 February 2007, 15:18   #5
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen
No. It is "sub" selection only. (can map max 4 Amiga events to single host event). Why does everyone think it is some kind of port number
Because its not actually clear what the function is.
Maybe in a future version the process could be simplified abit. Remove the joy/mouse selecton from game io page and just have a single page showing the two ports.
then for each port, select whats plugged into it (similar to game io page) but also allow on the same page what button is wanted for each funtion.

no messing with config 1-4, whatever the lower 1-4 is, or enabling dissabling. more inline with every other emulator in existance

ill attach the config file to the post.

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 27 February 2021 at 14:32.
Old 28 February 2007, 15:51   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
no messing with config 1-4, whatever the lower 1-4 is, or enabling dissabling. more inline with every other emulator in existance
No. Like everyone else, you forgot one small detail: Amiga has a keyboard. Also input panel is meant to be extremely flexible. 1:1 host to emulated joystick/mouse/keyboard mapping is not enough.

Ports panel is simple and not very flexible. Input panel is complex and flexible. Make your choice

EDIT: Input GUI will be improved "in future".

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 28 February 2007 at 16:04.
Old 28 February 2007, 15:56   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

<snip>
input.1.mouse.0.disabled=0
<snip>
input.1.mouse.1.disabled=0
<snip>

You have two mice enabled at the same. Whats the other one? Perhaps it has stuck button(s)?
Old 28 February 2007, 16:13   #8
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

actual inputs ? only input devices are 1 mouse (Razor usb), 1 G15 keyboard and the xbox pad.

ive cleaned the config up now, so mouse and joy are only configed under the number 1 and configed only once (either 0 or 1 in hash column).

still, pointer movement and wheel works fine. just the buttons dont want to work. xbox pad unticked, mouse buttons work. xbox ticked and mouse buttons dont work. the xbox pad has no buttons assigned to joy1/mouse so shouldnt be conflicting

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 28 February 2007 at 16:37.
Old 28 February 2007, 16:35   #9
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
actual inputs ? only input devices are 1 mouse (Razor usb), 1 G15 keyboard and the xbox pad.
Hmm.. Try manually editing line "input.1.mouse.1.disabled=0" -> "input.1.mouse.1.disabled=1" (it is a bug in input handling if this fixes the problem..)

Quote:
what do the numbers mean in the hash # column ? mostly say 2, but some say 1 and i cant see what it is linked too .
It is number of input events mapped. (>1 = "sub" pages 2+ have mappings)
Old 28 February 2007, 16:38   #10
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

sorry, I just updated above post, was hopeing to have it updated before reply ill try manually editing config now.

EDIT: Actually I think my eyesight must be going. I did accidently have Joy1 CD32 Play button mapped to button 10 of xbox pad. Correcting this to Joy2 cd32 play button seems to have fixed it.

It appears to have sorted it , im still not sure why it would have conflicted with the mouse buttons.

thanks for your time, i shall back away from the computer to be sure not to take anymore

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 28 February 2007 at 16:58.
Old 28 February 2007, 17:51   #11
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I did accidently have Joy1 CD32 Play button mapped to button 10 of xbox pad. Correcting this to Joy2 cd32 play button seems to have fixed it.
CD32 pad can cause conflicts, CD32 pad hardware emulation uses button lines differently. Selecting any CD32 pad button in input panel automatically enables CD32 pad emulation for selected port.

(I guess I was blind too, should have noticed it in your config file..)
Old 28 February 2007, 18:11   #12
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

I see, maybe i should not use cd32 pad buttons as a general config, but only for actual cd32 emulation config ?

I was simulating having a cd32 pad connected just like my real amiga, but if its going to cause any compatability/stability issues, perhaps its best not to assign cd32 buttons ?

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 28 February 2007 at 18:18.
Old 28 February 2007, 19:00   #13
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Having CD32 buttons enabled in joystick port should be ok

Mouse port issue may be emulation problem in handling of 3rd button in CD32 pad without CD32 pad reading mode enabled. Don't have real CD32 pad to confirm it..
Old 01 March 2007, 18:54   #14
F1ReB4LL

I was always curious - is the 2nd joystick main on the real CD32 or it is just a WinUAE bug/issue?