English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 12 June 2021, 00:06   #101
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
To be honest, I personally don't care either way. The enhanced character models look fine, the original looks fine. I'm just super happy to have such a great port of this game
I'm with you on that..........talk about splitting hairs...................jesus!!!

Anyway I'm loving the game so far, put cracking up right now trying to not die at the plane that is shooting at me and those fuckers with jetpacks!

Anyone else get distorted messed up music at times, like when you die? Not ruining it at all for me but I just noticed I get messed up music from time to time.

Also I was told to phone some bitch on 120.33 but when I call her she don't answer, Diane I think her name is Snake must have pissed her off on their last date.
Old 12 June 2021, 07:26   #102
h0ffman

The music bug is somewhat bothersome. It seems to be the death / game over music and I have no idea what's causing it because I've been unable to recreate the bug. My only advice there is the save your last checkpoint and reload the game.

Dianne has plenty of advice when you really need it but most the time you'll piss off Steve.

That particular area on the roof is pretty tricky. Got two tips for you. The room with the electric floor, remote missle the control panel first then run into the room, the jetpack guards can only walk in there. As for the hind d helicopter.. there's a safe spot just to its left in between the nearest two boxes. The inaccuracy of the shot calculation means the bullets don't touch you.
Old 12 June 2021, 12:46   #103
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ffman View Post
The music bug is somewhat bothersome. It seems to be the death / game over music and I have no idea what's causing it because I've been unable to recreate the bug. My only advice there is the save your last checkpoint and reload the game.

Dianne has plenty of advice when you really need it but most the time you'll piss off Steve.

That particular area on the roof is pretty tricky. Got two tips for you. The room with the electric floor, remote missle the control panel first then run into the room, the jetpack guards can only walk in there. As for the hind d helicopter.. there's a safe spot just to its left in between the nearest two boxes. The inaccuracy of the shot calculation means the bullets don't touch you.
I'd figured I need to blow the electric floor, but those jetpack fuckers

Ahhhh it's a helicopter....woops! Hind so it's the Russian monster as well, that's pretty cool! This game is so well thought out and amazingly sophisticated. Love it. But it's hard, and the movement of Snake is like an ectch a sketch (remember that). Still loving it though

Honestly the music bug...............don't sweat that at all, not a big issue at all, not for me anyways, just a quirk. How did you do the new music? It reminds me a lot of the Friday the 13th Part 3 opening music. It's like the same sort of sounds, the tune is completely different of course.
Old 12 June 2021, 15:19   #104
h0ffman

It's all done in protracker using my usual workflow of sketching stuff in ableton first. Slight difference this time was I exported each channel of the original music from the msx version and used the audio to midi function to work out most of the notes. From there it was taking melodic elements I liked from the original and reconstructing them in protracker using newer synths and samples.
Old 12 June 2021, 18:31   #105
rabidgerry

What are the synths modelled on? Like it doesn't sound modern the music, so that's a good thing for my taste.
Old 12 June 2021, 19:00   #106
h0ffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
What are the synths modelled on? Like it doesn't sound modern the music, so that's a good thing for my taste.
Literally can't remember. Probably some serum and massive presets. A few of the sounds come from my older modules.
Old 14 June 2021, 12:11   #107
rabidgerry

Quote:
Literally can't remember. Probably some serum and massive presets. A few of the sounds come from my older modules.
Either way it's great sounding
Old 15 June 2021, 00:03   #108
NovaCoder

Quote:
Either way it's great sounding
Agreed, love the music
Old 20 June 2021, 07:38   #109
BowToYourSensei

Ok, I finally got the game running on my A1200! I was having trouble using the ADF file because it told me it had an unknown boot block. Well, I finally got my hands on a CF to pcmcia adapter. I'm pretty new to the amiga, so somethings just aren't obvious to me. But I had to move a jumper on my memory expansion to even be able to read the pcmcia. And when I did nothing was on it. Took me a while to realize it was on there, it was just hidden. But I managed to get the game installed, even with the ADF boot block issue! I did notice something odd though. For some reason the game doesn't recognize the second button on my competition pro. My quickshot XV didn't have any trouble. But I was really hoping to use the competition pro for this game. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 20 June 2021, 12:22   #110
Paulthetall

Quote:
:
Also I was told to phone some bitch on 120.33 but when I call her she don't answer, Diane I think her name is Snake must have pissed her off on their last date..
Thats because most likely you don't have the antenna, you need it or you have no reach. It can be found a field above the entrance of the compound (when you enter after the desert with the tank) if I remember correctly.
Old 20 June 2021, 16:39   #111
Bren McGuire

You don't look good to me at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
Sorry, but it doesn't look better for me at all
Old 21 June 2021, 09:40   #112
h0ffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowToYourSensei View Post
Ok, I finally got the game running on my A1200! I was having trouble using the ADF file because it told me it had an unknown boot block. Well, I finally got my hands on a CF to pcmcia adapter. I'm pretty new to the amiga, so somethings just aren't obvious to me. But I had to move a jumper on my memory expansion to even be able to read the pcmcia. And when I did nothing was on it. Took me a while to realize it was on there, it was just hidden. But I managed to get the game installed, even with the ADF boot block issue! I did notice something odd though. For some reason the game doesn't recognize the second button on my competition pro. My quickshot XV didn't have any trouble. But I was really hoping to use the competition pro for this game. Has anyone else experienced this?
Did you try it in joystick mode rather than cd32 mode?
Old 21 June 2021, 10:43   #113
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowToYourSensei View Post
As far as I know, the Competition Pro doesn't actually have a 'two button mode' as standard: all the buttons are actually wired to button 1. That would explain why it doesn't work.

Unless you've got a modded one of course?
Old 21 June 2021, 11:03   #114
Konrad

I can confirm this. The old original "Competition Pro" joysticks just had both buttons wired as Button 1.
(It had two buttons so left-handed and right-handed players could play with it)
Old 21 June 2021, 11:56   #115
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulthetall View Post
Thats because most likely you don't have the antenna, you need it or you have no reach. It can be found a field above the entrance of the compound (when you enter after the desert with the tank) if I remember correctly.
Thanks for the tip

So I aint got to no desert yet so I guess I can't use it. I'm still trying to beat those rocketeer mo fo's!
Old 21 June 2021, 15:37   #116
Paulthetall

Quote:
Thanks for the tip

So I aint got to no desert yet so I guess I can't use it. I'm still trying to beat those rocketeer mo fo's!
its here (from youtube MSX Metal Gear) (2:42) hope it helps.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 21 June 2021, 15:46   #117
Drittz78

Hi all. Did version 1.1 come out with some config fixes?
Old 21 June 2021, 16:56   #118
BowToYourSensei

Quote:
Did you try it in joystick mode rather than cd32 mode?
Yes. When in cd32 mode, the second button acts as the pause button. And in joystick mode the second button appears to just do nothing. On my quickshot XV, the 1st button is shoot, and the second is punch. My competition pro works fine in other games. The second button behaving as it should.
Old 21 June 2021, 17:01   #119
BowToYourSensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
As far as I know, the Competition Pro doesn't actually have a 'two button mode' as standard: all the buttons are actually wired to button 1. That would explain why it doesn't work.

Unless you've got a modded one of course?
This is not the original competition pro. I believe it's been called the competition pro "star". The model I have, I believe was intended for use with sega systems. So all 4 buttons were designed to be separate.
Old 21 June 2021, 19:21   #120
h0ffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drittz78 View Post
Hi all. Did version 1.1 come out with some config fixes?
Sorry, not quite yet. I'm just trying to get os 3.2 installed with my TF1260 to do some final testing which is tonight's mission. I can verify the whdload install works then and I can release.