English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 26 December 2014, 15:18   #21
butfluffy

is it possible to create a 100% working extended adf from an ipf file?
Old 26 December 2014, 15:20   #22
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

What's wrong with the IPF?
Old 26 December 2014, 15:30   #23
butfluffy

nothing at all mate. was just wondering if ipf's could be used to create extended adf's?
i'm kinda new to learning about this amiga stuff.
Old 26 December 2014, 15:39   #24
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

3054 also fails with a checksum error on track 137, if I hit retry it seems to install and work fine though.
Perhaps the WHD installer/imager just needs support for the ipf images as they differ from the dump Michael 'Nomaios' Jestram supplied for Mr. Larmers (RIP) initial WHD install back in '99 ?
Old 26 December 2014, 17:10   #25
clenched

Quote:
Originally Posted by butfluffy View Post
is it possible to create a 100% working extended adf from an ipf file?
Captain dlfrsilver is your man when it comes to extended ADFs. There is a temporary troubleshooting map of Mars (level 1) on HOL to more clearly show where the disk messes up. This is only for the curious due to the unexpected visit from Santa.
http://hol.abime.net/1672/gamemap
Old 26 December 2014, 17:49   #26
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Just to answer butfluffy's question: data from IPF to ext. ADF is a lossy conversion if certain features like density variations are present on the original disk.
Old 26 December 2014, 20:39   #27
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
to enforce what mr vince said, when you use an original or an IPF, and you use RAWREAD under winuae, or powercopy with right parameters, and if the game doesn't use any special copy protected track (like copylock), the extended ADF generated from the original (or IPF for instance), must be working and running fine.

Quote:
@retroplay : 3054 also fails with a checksum error on track 137, if I hit retry it seems to install and work fine though.
Perhaps the WHD installer/imager just needs support for the ipf images as they differ from the dump Michael 'Nomaios' Jestram supplied for Mr. Larmers (RIP) initial WHD install back in '99 ?
about the whdload install, it's a beta. This game would need to be better supported (german and english release of this game from grandslam), plus a trainer in order to check the game (it's very hard, you lose lifes like alzheimer people loose their mind).
Old 26 December 2014, 23:07   #28
butfluffy

only recently started looking into how some of this amiga stuff works and there is a lot to take in.
so an extended adf can be made from an original or ipf so long as the copy protection is of the right type? gap type protection won't work for example.
i think the only way to get the best compatibility for almost all games is by using different types of formats. most adf's with good cracks should be fine, some games which never had a good adf crack can be played properly with and extended adf or an ipf.
some ipfs and extended adfs which uses manual protection would need a scan of the manual or some sort of codes to get past protections.
and of course then there is the whdload format which i have not really looked into yet.
i was wondering are there any amiga games which cannot be cracked or played using any copied format, games which no matter what you would need the original disk(s) to play?

Last edited by butfluffy; 26 December 2014 at 23:09. Reason: spelling
Old 26 December 2014, 23:14   #29
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

WHDLoad version has a trainer (quitkey2 = ] on numPad).
Old 27 December 2014, 01:56   #30
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
only recently started looking into how some of this amiga stuff works and there is a lot to take in.
so an extended adf can be made from an original or ipf so long as the copy protection is of the right type? gap type protection won't work for example.
i think the only way to get the best compatibility for almost all games is by using different types of formats. most adf's with good cracks should be fine, some games which never had a good adf crack can be played properly with and extended adf or an ipf.
some ipfs and extended adfs which uses manual protection would need a scan of the manual or some sort of codes to get past protections.
and of course then there is the whdload format which i have not really looked into yet.
i was wondering are there any amiga games which cannot be cracked or played using any copied format, games which no matter what you would need the original disk(s) to play?
you can't make extended ADF out of copylock games, games using variations in tracks, or any special track scheme for copy protection. The extended ADF format would not manage them.
Old 27 December 2014, 01:57   #31
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
WHDLoad version has a trainer (quitkey2 = ] on numPad).
this game needs infinite energy. with infinite lives, it's as hard as without trainer.
Old 27 December 2014, 02:09   #32
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Never tried this cheat though.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
Old 27 December 2014, 16:20   #33
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

First, press the left "SHIFT KEY" and hold it down, the same now also hold with the right "SHIFT". Press the "H" key with a free finger. Now first the "H" button then right "SHIFT", then to the left "SHIFT" to let go in order. Now press "HELP" and you have an infinite amount of energy. Purest finger acrobatics.
Old 27 December 2014, 16:45   #34
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Quote:

IPFs are perfect and verified. They always works. There is no kind of protection that can't be stored in an IPF as it's scripted. ADF is decoded MFM, extended ADF is cooked MFM after decoding by Amiga hardware. There's no room for density based protections and similar stuff in ADF.
Old 27 December 2014, 17:32   #35
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

This makes me thinks that i must see with you to get Warp

EDIT : my extended ADF are only good for whdload install. The protection fails, i have been able to trigger the cheat mode above given by retro-nerd, once i get one of the primary targets, the screens is black, and when i check with AR3, i'm in a loader routine.....

EDIT : i saw that we have now the maps for WARP this means that the Tarkus Team failed "big time" when they tried to remove the copy protection of this game, and they sent back 3 original copies, which on each they tried the same manner, failing XD.

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 27 December 2014 at 18:07.
Old 27 December 2014, 22:14   #36
butfluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.vince View Post
IPFs are perfect and verified. They always works. There is no kind of protection that can't be stored in an IPF as it's scripted. ADF is decoded MFM, extended ADF is cooked MFM after decoding by Amiga hardware. There's no room for density based protections and similar stuff in ADF.
that clears that question up. so far using ipf's the games i have tried have worked really well except for conquests of the longbow but the fact that winuae does not see the disks as bootable probably means this game was not intended to be played from floppy and should be installed or something.
Old 27 December 2014, 22:25   #37
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

it's indeed better to install conquest of the longbow. This is a big game.
Old 27 December 2014, 22:37   #38
butfluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
it's indeed better to install conquest of the longbow. This is a big game.
it makes sense to install it because of the size but i could not get it to play from floppy with winuae using ipf or adf.
winuae just don't seem to see the disks as bootable. maybe it's because i done something wrong being the amiga noob that i am lol. i downloaded the whdload version of it anyhow for when i get whdload working.
Old 27 December 2014, 22:52   #39
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Did you install the correct version of the SPS Decoder Library?
Old 27 December 2014, 23:48   #40
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

As far as i'm aware, this copy protection is the same as Seven Gates of Jambala but with some extra sneaky checks that Tarkus Team were simply incapable of finding.

Expect a 100% version of an ADF very soon

First Secret: if you hold down left mouse button before it says "loading", it changes the title screen music to a different tune...... awesomes!

EDIT: No surprise, the Tarkus Team version is butchered to hell. FFC in his 'wisdom' has separated the Thalion intro from the game, presumably he couldn't get it to run, he's hacked the fuck out of the main game code, so the secret tune can no longer be accessed, no hiscore load/save anymore, and more NOP's than I care to count.

Needless to say, my faith in this version is zero and I will redo the crack from the two IPF's I have.

Last edited by Galahad/FLT; 28 December 2014 at 01:04.