English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 09 November 2008, 20:09   #21
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4k-oerx View Post
Maybe CD32 V3 or V4 schematics helps, pinout of the expansion-slot is there, no schematics for MPEG cartridge itself though...

Scanned copies in PDF:
http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/sc...chematics.html
Thanks but I have CD32 schematics. I need schematics that shows chip connections on MPEG cart.

I already have everything that can be found easily and not so easily
Old 14 November 2008, 18:00   #22
angelheart2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
List updated, thanks to everyone who sent me nice and interesting stuff
Maybe someone can copy the scsi pdfs here before they go !

http://www.causeuse.org/hauke/macbsd...os_53cXXX_doc/

cheers

Old 24 November 2008, 19:46   #23
mimas101

Hi,

I had asked in my forum for the datasheet of cl 450 (C-cube). Perhaps anybody knows a source for this oldie.

This IC was only mentioned in a patentent specification and also on a site which discussed some features of a VIA-chipset. But there where no further technical details on these sites.

Michael

Old 24 November 2008, 22:48   #24
Michael_Mann

perhaps these sites are useful to get technical documentations for CL 450:
http://www.sainted-marketing.com/Tech_Pubs.html &
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7321368.html

Old 26 November 2008, 13:08   #25
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Mann View Post
perhaps these sites are useful to get technical documentations for CL 450:
http://www.sainted-marketing.com/Tech_Pubs.html &
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7321368.html
Author has been contacted few months ago. He may have one somewhere was latest reply..

Quote:
Maybe someone can copy the scsi pdfs here before they go !

http://www.causeuse.org/hauke/macbsd...os_53cXXX_doc/
This does not appear to be complete document or perhaps there never was better than this...
Old 11 January 2009, 12:27   #26
hawaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimlow View Post
Send my the reference manuals, i will scan and ocr them into PDF for all!
so far i have found OCR to be the easiest solution, i have done it couple of times and it really work perfectly.

Adam Jan,
Top Web Hosting Guide

Last edited by hawaye; 11 January 2009 at 15:09.

Old 05 March 2009, 13:47   #27
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

A3000UX added. Thanks Tim
Old 17 May 2009, 10:54   #28
Robert Frampton

Dear Toni,

I have an item you may be interested in, it is a Viper 520 CD, which I purchased from Power Computing in April 1998 for £99.95.

I fitted the unit to my A500 and for a certain amount of time it worked well, however during longer use I would keep getting Software Failure error messages. I suspected that this may of been due to it over heating. With this board in my Amiga I used to install the whole of "Secret of Monkey Island", and play it from the Ram Disk. I did not have a hard drive. Also "Frontier : Elite II" was highly impressive with this board in place.

Unfortunately the lead which holds the IC holder for the Amiga's ROM has broken off due to metal fatigue and needs re-soldering.

I would have told you I had this sooner, but I wanted to attach a photograph of it, but I cannot get access to a scanner, so am telling you any way.

The white lettering on the board reads:

520-33-CD
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
[C] COPYRIGHT 1997
DCE COMPUTER SERVICE GMBH
design by Thomas Dellert
http://www.dcecom.de

The white label with the barcode reads:

VIPER 520 CD 8 MB
||||||||||||||||||||||
*0000000494*

I have the board, the IC holder with lead and the manual.

If you would like this off me, perhaps we can come to some arrangement.

I don't want money for it, but would like help aquiring certain things;

Amiga CD32 console with "Beneath a Steel Sky" & "Simon the Sorcerer"
Amiga CDTV with "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" & "Loom"

Also assistance in;

Transferring files from Windows to Amiga & Amiga to Windows on an a A1200 with hard disk (I have a USB to serial lead)
Converting tracks on Audio CD to an 8bit 44,100Hz Stereo .IFF sound sample
Reducing .IFF images to a user defined number of colours, with unused colours where I would like them in the palette

Best Wishes,

Robert.:

Old 17 May 2009, 11:49   #29
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Frampton View Post
Dear Toni,

I have an item you may be interested in, it is a Viper 520 CD, which I purchased from Power Computing in April 1998 for £99.95.

I fitted the unit to my A500 and for a certain amount of time it worked well, however during longer use I would keep getting Software Failure error messages. I suspected that this may of been due to it over heating. With
Hello

That would be perfect (as long as it is "only" overheating and some soldering needed). Missing 68030 or MMU won't matter, I only need A500 with fast CPU + RAM

Quote:
If you would like this off me, perhaps we can come to some arrangement.

I don't want money for it, but would like help aquiring certain things;

Amiga CD32 console with "Beneath a Steel Sky" & "Simon the Sorcerer"
Amiga CDTV with "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" & "Loom"
I can also pay "full price" (whatever that is..) if there are no other options..

Do you mean you'd like to have CD32 and/or CDTV hardware or only game CDs? I guess you want original CDs, including manual(s)?

Don't have games but I do have 1 CDTV and CD32 I don't really need. (I have 2xCDTV and 2xCD32 currently..) Unfortunately CDTV is quite heavy...

Quote:
Transferring files from Windows to Amiga & Amiga to Windows on an a A1200 with hard disk (I have a USB to serial lead)
Cloanto's Amiga Explorer is probably best when using serial cables. (I am quite sure Cloanto will send it for free when/if I'll get the accelerator )

Faster option is to connect the A1200 HD to Windows PC IDE controller (or IDE-USB adapter but that usually won't work if the drive is "too old")

Quote:
Converting tracks on Audio CD to an 8bit 44,100Hz Stereo .IFF sound sample
Reducing .IFF images to a user defined number of colours, with unused colours where I would like them in the palette
I have no experience with audio or image converters, sorry.
Old 18 May 2009, 20:41   #30
Robert Frampton

Smile Hardware

Dear Toni,

I would prefer to communicate with you privately, not on the forum. I emailed you on twillen@winuae.net but recieved a message failed notification from microsoft.
Do you have an alternative email address, that you could use? Once I hear from you in my private email account hopefully we can get down to a swap!
You should have my email address as I entered it when joining the forum.

Best wishes,

Robert.

Old 18 May 2009, 21:00   #31
zipper

Quote:
Dear Toni,

I would prefer to communicate with you privately, not on the forum. I emailed you on twillen@winuae.net but recieved a message failed notification from microsoft.
it's twilen ...
Old 24 May 2009, 17:09   #32
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

Toni, do you still need the A500 acc-card? I've got (albeit in Norway) an A5000 cad, which is a 020/16.66MHz card with 4MB fast plugs into the 68k socket. Unfortunatley, a couple of the pins have broken on the 68k socket connector thingie, but should be in working order still, once those pins are "back in operation"
Old 24 May 2009, 22:18   #33
Eclipse
Turpentine

Quote:
Dear Toni,

Do you have an alternative email address, that you could use? Once I hear from you in my private email account hopefully we can get down to a swap!
You should have my email address as I entered it when joining the forum.

Best wishes,

Robert.
You can also PM him on this forum. I've sent Toni some stuff before using only the PM system on here and all was good.
Old 25 May 2009, 20:18   #34
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mindie View Post
Toni, do you still need the A500 acc-card? I've got (albeit in Norway) an A5000 cad, which is a 020/16.66MHz card with 4MB fast plugs into the 68k socket. Unfortunatley, a couple of the pins have broken on the 68k socket connector thingie, but should be in working order still, once those pins are "back in operation"
Yes, as long as it disappears from original post

Hmm.. This accelerator's PCB looks huge, hopefully it does not make logic analyzer probe setup too difficult.

Fixing the socket shouldn't be too difficult (I hope..)

Send email/pm if you want money or Amiga hardware (extra stuff listed in original post, do not select something too heavy please )

(previous offer didn't happen, thanks for the offer anyway)
Old 25 June 2009, 11:10   #35
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

Toni, do you know the brand of this external HD floppy drive which is 150rpm? I have a few (3?) of them, but somehow doubt they are 150rpm. I can list the models if you want (need to go look for them). Couldn't you just hook up a Chinon internal 1.76MB to an external connector also changing its DSx jumper (for df1: etc) if needed?
Old 25 June 2009, 11:17   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgor View Post
Toni, do you know the brand of this external HD floppy drive which is 150rpm? I have a few (3?) of them, but somehow doubt they are 150rpm. I can list the models if you want (need to go look for them). Couldn't you just hook up a Chinon internal 1.76MB to an external connector also changing its DSx jumper (for df1: etc) if needed?
Internal is fine as long as it is Amiga compatible HD drive
Old 08 August 2009, 23:46   #37
gbraad
Misfit geek

Send a message via ICQ to gbraad Send a message via AIM to gbraad Send a message via MSN to gbraad Send a message via Yahoo to gbraad
I tried to locate the CL450-P160 documentation in China, but I can only find the IC itself but no datasheet. When I have, I will let you know.

Gerard
Old 19 August 2009, 18:55   #38
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
- C-Cube CL-450 datasheet, MPEG decoder chip in CD32 FMV cartridge (also used in some early PC MPEG cards). C-Cube was later bought by LSI logic. Must be CL-450 datasheet, older or newer chips are too different.
Scanned datasheet is now available (http://mess.redump.net/datasheets:c-cube) Thanks Stiletto!
Old 19 August 2009, 19:37   #39
Zack

I have a standard internal Amiga HD Floppy drive, the Chinon FZ-357A, that you can have/borrow, or whatever you need.
The drive is brand new, only the plastic eject button is missing. Let me know if it can be of any use to you.
Old 21 August 2009, 11:44   #40
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
I have a standard internal Amiga HD Floppy drive, the Chinon FZ-357A, that you can have/borrow, or whatever you need.
The drive is brand new, only the plastic eject button is missing. Let me know if it can be of any use to you.
pm sent