English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 18 May 2022, 03:56   #1
MagikGimp

Send a message via ICQ to MagikGimp Send a message via AIM to MagikGimp Send a message via MSN to MagikGimp Send a message via Yahoo to MagikGimp
Exclamation Various crashes (not entirely sure what I'm doing)

4.9.1 22/02/02 64-bit Windows 10

While installing AmigaSYS (three separate versions) I've had a JIT compiler crash (directory shown in window that appeared does not exist on my computer so I can't provide any dump of that), a JIT output to a window without a crash, an error log button telling me WinUAE was dropping down to DX9 from 11 and a hard-crash with memory dump (attached). Not complaining but thought it may be useful. Problems seem to occur when using the Filter settings. I really don't understand how WinUAE outputs video; there are far too many settings to get my dumb head around. I only started using the filters after my window didn't resize automatically. Even then it wasn't tall enough to show the whole screen. Anyway, perhaps there's a detailed tutorial out there somewhere I can read to once and for all attempt to understand all this. I still have an older Bloodwych install that for some reason right at the end of booting moves the screen sideways a bit and cuts some of the output off...
Attached Files
File Type: dmp winuae_x64_4.9.1_R_2022.05.18_02.43.29.dmp (179.6 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by MagikGimp; 18 May 2022 at 03:58. Reason: Forgot OS
Old 18 May 2022, 14:00   #2
Mclane
Old retro god.

It always helps to show what your current setup is in Winuae, more often than not it's down to freaky configs that probably never were used in the real world. If JIT is enabled then disable it, on 1200 and above setups it can be problematic. So post the .uae config you are using unless you are running from the unaltered quickstart cfgs.

Toni should be able to see some way towards the cause from the dump, but more info always helps.

Paul..
Old 18 May 2022, 18:50   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

This crash dump is related to HAM output buffer overflow but reason is unknown.

Generally crash dumps are useless (or in worst case misleading) when JIT is enabled.

Can you duplicate it easily?
Old 21 May 2022, 16:31   #4
MagikGimp

Send a message via ICQ to MagikGimp Send a message via AIM to MagikGimp Send a message via MSN to MagikGimp Send a message via Yahoo to MagikGimp
Stick out tongue

Yes, I should have guessed this myself. Thinking about it in bed after making my post I realised I was pretty sure I'd had the same answer before some time ago. And yes, turning off JIT did improve things. AmigaSYS is old now back when JIT was far more important for older hardware.

Still haven't figured out WinUAE's video output settings though! Oh well. Maybe give me another x0 years and I'll get it right. Look, the top and bottom is cut off and the pixels aren't quite square and it's off to one side and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Can you duplicate it easily?
You want me to turn JIT back on again?
Old 21 May 2022, 17:04   #5
Mclane
Old retro god.

He wants you to be able to set it up as per what settings you were using and see if it keeps crashing, if yes then a copy of the steps to make it crash and what settings it was using..

So if JIT was on then yes, re-enable it just so you can see where it's getting the crash from.