English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 22 July 2017, 15:49   #41
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
ok, my bad. should have read more carefully

for the stack issue, you should increase the stack to 15000 in the icon information of fantavision.
doing it in the cli will only increase the stack for the cli process.
but as mentioned above, this is unlikely to be the issue.

Oh, well thanks for sharing that, learned something new.
Old 24 July 2017, 17:22   #42
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
Have you research the issue when you ran in to it on your A600?
It just didn't run because it was incompatible with the newer Kickstart, the enhanced chipset, the extra memory or all of those :P It's just fucking old and meant to run only on old hardware.

Is there an Amiga emulator for 68k Amigas? I know it sounds stupid, but it might get you out of a pinch like this. I know E-UAE runs on PPC and a lot of people do that (and I thought that was the way things like MorphOS run legacy Amiga apps).
Old 24 July 2017, 21:38   #43
nogginthenog
Amigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Is there an Amiga emulator for 68k Amigas? I know it sounds stupid, but it might get you out of a pinch like this..
Yes, there was. This I think:

http://aminet.net/package/misc/emu/UAE-827-AOS68k
Old 24 July 2017, 23:26   #44
James

Newer version here:

http://www.rcdrummond.net/uae/e-uae-...igaos-m68k.lha
Old 25 July 2017, 02:34   #45
Sinphaltimus

There is an e-uae installed in ApolloOS buy I haven't figured out it yet
Old 28 July 2017, 00:37   #46
Sinphaltimus

HA! Well, the fantavision manual says to run Fantavision, boot off the floppy. So I gave that a shot and it works perfectly fine on my Vampirized A500! Problem solved! Whoot!

EDIT:
Holycow. just when I though it couldn't get any better, it does.

I copied the contents of the fantavision disk to hard disk.
I boot from the Fantavision Diskette and run the Fantavision program from hard disk copy.

It freaking flys. The only thing that is too fast to handle is using the mouse to click up and down arrows to traverse frame numbers, but that is easily mitigated by using the keyboard Up/down arrows instead.

let em tell you, I've never seen fantavision run this good. Movies laod almost instantly and save just as fast. Super quick to edit and they playback incredibly smooth.

WOW is all I can say. So happy right now yoooze guyz. So happy.

Last edited by Sinphaltimus; 28 July 2017 at 01:16.
Old 28 July 2017, 02:19   #47
emufan

you should test to boot w/o startup-sequence - after a coldstart,
so there are no resident patches anymore:

it is possible you have a lot of patches in sys:wbstartup,
so rename sys:wbstartup to sys:wbstartup_offline

#3) boot without startup-sequence, enter in the shell:
assign env: ram:
assign t: ram:
loadwb

now start FV from your floppy or from a folder on the HD.
if it does work, search for some suspicous patches in your ss, us or wbstartup folder.
Old 28 July 2017, 05:35   #48
demolition
Unregistered User

Perhaps enabling turtle mode would make it run at a better speed. Go in to the early boot menu (hold both mouse buttons before the KS screen would appear), check 'Disable CPU caches' and boot again from the Fantavision floppy.
Old 28 July 2017, 11:20   #49
Sinphaltimus

It runs at a great speed. There's nothing left for me to try at all. I could not be any happier with the way it runs right now. I won't dare change a thing.
Old 08 September 2017, 18:13   #50
Sinphaltimus

I wanted to drop a quick update - I love it. Here's why...

Having only an A500 rev5 with only 1MB chip ram and a 50 MB SCSI HDD was extremely limiting and slow.

I'm not doing anything spectacular but the things I am doing are super fast and so far no compatability issues with the things that matter. It's snappy, hi res and fun to use again.

I'm not yet doing much creativity with it because things are still in flux. First, I really want to get Goldv3 core on this before I can really enjoy it. I hate the 2 monitor things because I only have 1 and both Amiga outputs are plugged in to it so I have to keep changing source.

Also, no real time to spend learning everything from the ground up to get my OS the way I like it but ApolloOS 3.9 is a great starting point. It really runs well and has lot's of features. But until I get my SDNet adaptor, I can only update it by erasing everything applying a newer revision image to the SD. I don't want to have to do that after doing tons of other things as with ethernet I'll be able to update over the internet without wiping out the entire system.

That is all. Shortly after the SDNet card arrive, I'll be doing the PC tower case mod.
Old 14 September 2017, 17:19   #51
Sinphaltimus

OK, Wow. Vampire Plus SDNet Plus ApolloOS - I mean wow.

Everyday I play with this setup and it gets better and better. All the utils preinstalled. I just discovered DiskImageGUI and can mount adfs and iso files. Unless I would ever need to boot from and adf, I don't think i even need my GoTek anymore. Don't need a CD-rom drive either now.

I am certainly becoming a fanboy of this accelerator. And it's all based on personal experience and exploration. I went from very humble needs to use my A500 to using it daily and having fun doing so.

And it's great that the Apollo-Team are very active on IRC. They are so helpful with everything. This is just great and I'm having a really good time with it. That is all.
Old 10 October 2017, 11:59   #52
fpmpaolo

Vampire + ApolloOS = total fun even for a total noob like me.
I bought the Roadshow TCP/IP stack. Can someone help me configure that?
I have LINKSYS WIFI CARDS - WPA2/AES - AMIGA - A600/A1200 PCMCIA WIFI sold by Sir_Lucas. I tried it with a OS3.9 clean setup, and a Roadshow demo, and it worked like a charm. But I don't remember how to set it up.
Thanks!
Old 10 October 2017, 16:54   #53
Sinphaltimus

I wouldn't know how to set that up - I had to get help for my A500 Vampire and SDNet which is a completely different config - might want to hit up #Apollo-Team on IRC.
Old 16 January 2018, 17:39   #54
Sinphaltimus

Just checking back in to report that things are still fun. Been playing with OctaMED (but need to RTFM because I forgot everything) and started dabbling in Deluxe Music. One thing I wish I still had is my serial port WACOM tablet I had on my AMiga back in the 90s. That'd be real handy right about now. What I need to do is create a Photoshop profile (or use some other paint program) that matches what I want to do in DPaint. I suppose. I simply cannot stand drawing with a mouse anymore. Too spoiled there. And yep, I'm also playing games on it. Putting it in the ATX tower case allowed me to integrate it into my PC desktop workspace so it's right here next to me any time I feel like powering it up. Which seems to be at least every 2 days or so during the week and everyday on the weekends.

I've been trying to figure out all the preinstalled programs, some work, some don't, some I'll never touch. I wish I understood how a lot of these were installed, I think you can uninstall programs by running the installer again correct? I have to try that.

I also need to figure out how to better customize it for me. I loved that about my Amiga back in the day and right now it kind of feels steril in that respect because it looks like everyone else's Vaporized Amiga on ApolloOS. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to figure out how to change the WB background because of all the enhanced utilities installed. I changed it to a different 68080 backdrop but I don't believe that was via the WB prefs.

So that's going to be my focus for now pre-core v3 Mania. Learn the OS with all this fluff installed, customize to my hearts content, continue enjoying the Amiga all over again. TTFN
Old 17 January 2018, 20:27   #55
solidcore

Really enjoying the vampire on the a600 myself, Can't wait to get my hands on 2.7.. any one know when they'll go public?
Old 17 January 2018, 21:34   #56
Sinphaltimus

I have no idea. The typical answer I get is "When it's ready" lol. I'm not even *THAT* excited for core v2.7, I want corev3 if only to be able to use one single display. Wish that change was in 2.7. It's the one thing I DO NOT LIKE. But I deal with it.
Old 09 February 2018, 02:08   #57
Sinphaltimus

Slowly learning and re-learning how to customize My A500 workbench. Very minor tweaks with ToolManager - calendar and clock gadget removed, wallpaper created in 3DSMax and Photoshop (the vampire mouth top right I stole from pinterest someplace)

Next I plan to make my own images for the toolbar below.

Old 09 February 2018, 13:20   #58
Djole501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
Slowly learning and re-learning how to customize My A500 workbench. Very minor tweaks with ToolManager - calendar and clock gadget removed, wallpaper created in 3DSMax and Photoshop (the vampire mouth top right I stole from pinterest someplace)

Next I plan to make my own images for the toolbar below.

I made almost the same 3d model but in Lightwave

https://pasteboard.co/GzXg1nB.png
Old 09 February 2018, 14:52   #59
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djole501 View Post
I made almost the same 3d model but in Lightwave

https://pasteboard.co/GzXg1nB.png
Nice! It's been my dream to learn lightwave. Soon as I clear away some projects, it's on my bucket list
Old 09 February 2018, 14:54   #60
AMIGASYSTEM

Sinphaltimus with AFA OS if you have the FPU active could you beautify skin windows and install AmiStart

@Djole501
Beautiful your image

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 09 February 2018 at 16:20.