English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 05 April 2021, 18:34   #61
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
I have same joystick and i don't understand what You mean about "no autofire"? Left switch on side with cable is autofire on/off, but fire (whatever type is) is only active when You push left button. It's more comfortable and logic than "permanent autofire" which You must switch off to stop fire.

N.B. Right switch is to select right button as independent 2nd fire button or just "cloned" 1st fire.
Auto-Fire or enhanced auto-fire means (for me at least) fire without pressing the button, which is always better for games like Turrican or R-Type. Then you can use normal fire and the secondary fire mode (additonally the button holding = Turrican Laser, R-Type wave cannon). With permanent fire, by holding the button all the time, you can't. The Competiton Pro Extra or Star models had auto-fire, plus you could use the secondary fire mode too.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 05 April 2021 at 18:57.
Old 11 April 2021, 13:17   #62
john4p
Competition Moderator

Does someone know about this new adapter by SukkoPera:

https://www.pcbway.com/project/share...dapter_V3.html

Is it already fully assembled or do you have to do it yourself?

Last edited by john4p; 13 April 2021 at 19:11.
Old 03 June 2021, 20:47   #63
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
I had one of these back in the day.
I was thinking about getting a new one as well. But I did not know it was a two independent button joystick. I only ever remember one button on it, so how can I get the two buttons to work like an A and B mode?
I can confirm the buttons on the Wico are not logically independent from one another (the one I got was sold loose with the joystick handle).
The F1 F1/F2 toggle knob will simply deactivate the base button when set on F1. The fact that it doesn't bear microswitches is a plus to play fast paced games such as shooters, so a good stick sure is but not a 2 independent buttons one.