English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 22 August 2021, 11:09   #21
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
As far as I know the installation of MagicWB is not reversible. You will need a tool like CopyIcon and replace them one by one...
Old 22 August 2021, 12:33   #22
daxb

Icons are just files that are assigned to other files like for example: Shell -> Shell.info. Installation of icons is a copy from to procedure or a makelink (for RAM icon on OS 3.2). If you want to change icons you have to do the same. You can drag and drop icons into "Icon information" window or use a copyicon program (needed if you don't want to lose information like protection bits, comments, tooltypes aso.) to replace them.

In your screenshot there is TinyMeter for example what is not part of OS 3.2 and hence maybe there isn't an icon for it or the reinstallation script cannot assign it. So you need to replace such icons by hand. Amiga OS hasn't an icon system where you can simply switch from one style to another.

Last edited by daxb; 22 August 2021 at 16:49.
Old 22 August 2021, 12:57   #23
BanisterDK

I'm completely lost here.

So a program messing with icons and other pref stuff has to be handled manually ?
Interesting.......

So what you say is that a new install and setup everything again will be quicker.

I wish there was a place with guides, documentation, FAQ and links to different setup and such things might have been a bit easier then searching in EAB and other sites bits and pcs.

Not very fund the search engine, especially when searching for a specific word or phrase and you have to look through i.e. 54 pages in a thread.

Sorry for this but I feel terrible lost
Old 22 August 2021, 17:02   #24
daxb

I don't really see a problem and wouldn't waste to much time for icons if you don't like to play with them. At least I wouldn't setup your system again.

There are three MWB icons on your screenshot. Just replace them with icons you like. Shouldn't take much time. I guess that RamDisk and Disk (Work) icon can be found on OS 3.2 CD. If I remember right Mason did many icons for OS 3.2 and TinyMeter should one of them. Find them on the CD if they are not released in different form.
Old 22 August 2021, 18:18   #25
BanisterDK

Perhaps I dont want to play with icons. They are only visual objects on the screen to help guide you around folders and start applications/games

But as I said.. It was quicker to do a reinstallation of my tiny system.

I have never given AmigaOS and all about batch scripting etc. etc. much attention since 1994 therefore it is a bit difficult for me.

I am very novice and there is not much left to remember from nearly 3 decades ago.

So I still hang on to Dopus, Asm-One, Protracker, Devpac, DPaint and the like from that period and have really no idea whats in or out to to be able to have a descent setup (hence the frustration).

I have a plain A1200 with an ACA1233, indivision aga mk3 (which I have not been able to set up. Still running 800x600 SuperPLus High res Laced), Gotek drive, CF Card, LCD monitor and Amiga OS 3.2

So no fancy stuff like expensive acc. card or desktop cases or stuff like that.

So any help with anything is most welcome

Also I probably need to have a repair service for my PCMCIA slot. When I use PCMCIA slot screen goes black for a few seconds or blinks. I also need recap.
Well it has to be from inside EU. Those damn taxes is pretty expensive