English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 August 2021, 20:46   #21
liquidsmoke

"Which means error is either ERROR_WRITE_PROTECT (exactly what it says) or ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION (something else already has it open in read-write mode)"

is there any way for me to know if its either of those 2 things?

are those things listed in the winuae log when they occur?

--
and i did try I:\ aswell - no difference. nothing found.
Old 17 August 2021, 21:09   #22
Radertified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Looking for I:\ won't help. It is not accessed via drive letter because there is no Windows compatible filesystem. Lock checkbox will unmount Windows filesystem(s) automatically if selected drive has any mounted.

This is something lower level.
Oh. I forgot Windows would not have assigned a drive letter. My mistake.
Old 18 August 2021, 00:35   #23
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Ok, I get what you are saying, you have made an image of the SD card. My next question would be why are you creating the HDF file in the first place when you are just going to write it back to the SD card in the end? Why not just mount the SD card and run it as the hard drive directly? That is what I do with my CF cards. I have a mirror setup of my real 1200 and I just plug-in my CF card, do what I want. Then when plugging into my Amiga any changes are reflected there. Unless there is an issue running it like this that I don’t know about, it seems to be less fuss.
Old 18 August 2021, 01:29   #24
liquidsmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgogo View Post
Ok, I get what you are saying, you have made an image of the SD card. My next question would be why are you creating the HDF file in the first place when you are just going to write it back to the SD card in the end? Why not just mount the SD card and run it as the hard drive directly? That is what I do with my CF cards. I have a mirror setup of my real 1200 and I just plug-in my CF card, do what I want. Then when plugging into my Amiga any changes are reflected there. Unless there is an issue running it like this that I don’t know about, it seems to be less fuss.

i wrote why in the first post of this thread lol
ie. it doesnt work.
Old 18 August 2021, 13:37   #25
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Apologies liquidsmoke, I really should not reply to these things so late at night. I will be firing my 1200 up this weekend to do some disk copying. I think I have a spare CF card with 3.1.4 on it. I can try an upgrade to see if I have an issue similar to yours. I know I was using FFS, so those are three differences to your setup (OS, ROMS & FS), but might be worth a test. Oh, I have an accelerator in my machine as well. Four things different. lol.
Old 31 August 2021, 00:53   #26
liquidsmoke

just a quick follow up to this
it appears my anker sd card reader was the problem all along.

i found this out when no program would write to the sdcard, so trying another old reader i found it worked.

straight in the bin and apologies for wasting peoples time