English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 28 October 2019, 21:34   #421
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Excellent, thank you very much.

Is it an all or nothing type situation on the update? Is there no way to make a have list so it only installs updates not everything?
Unfortunately yes, it's currently an all or nothing. I haven't found a good way of detecting updates of WHDLoad games as it's not a trivial task. It will require listing contents of WHDLoad archives and use this to detect if a game or demo is already installed, if root directory exists. Then it needs to compare .slave file sizes or extract and binary compare files in order to detect if a WHDLoad game or demo has been updated with either new slave or installation. WHDLoad slaves are not always called .slave, which complicated things.

Simplest solution today is to manually place only new or updates in the eab-whdload-games directory, run build_install_entries and this will install just these on your Amiga.
Old 28 October 2019, 21:44   #422
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbios24 View Post
cyberhead97 is better to release a hotfix version 1.2.1 for raspberry pi that does the filtering in games,so you dont have to all this updating/adding only the hotfix nothing else
A lot of the AmigaDOS scripts that handles installation has been rewritten to both handle Amiga OS 3.1.4 installation and add package filtering. It would not make sense to hotfix HstWB Installer v1.2.0 as time would be better spend by making an updated Amibian release.

Actually you could use Amibian with HstWB Installer v1.2.0 to just install Amiga OS 3.9 with Boing Bag 1 & 2 and skip package and user package installation. Then download HstWB Package Installation v1.4.2 and extract this to your FAT32 USB stick and start this installation from Workbench. This will give you package filtering when choosing which packages to install.
Old 29 October 2019, 03:00   #423
SpocksBeer

Question about the build_install_entries process for WHDLoad games. If I have two version of a WHDLoad game, say Agony_1.3 and Agony_V2.0, in my directory, should I expect the "best version" csv to pick the latest version (V2.0) only?
Old 29 October 2019, 03:13   #424
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBeer View Post
Question about the build_install_entries process for WHDLoad games. If I have two version of a WHDLoad game, say Agony_1.3 and Agony_V2.0, in my directory, should I expect the "best version" csv to pick the latest version (V2.0) only?
It should do, It has done that for me I think but unsure if EAB-WHDLoad_Pack_Downloader is removing older versions or not.
Old 29 October 2019, 03:53   #425
SpocksBeer

It does not seem to have done for me, but I've not fully investigated it. Just looking for expectation management at this stage.
Old 29 October 2019, 06:15   #426
symbios24

cyberhead97 how can i run the package installation from inside workbench?
do i have also a second flash drive with the game packages connected?

For the raspberry there is a file usb_self_install that you extract to a flash drive and copy inside to the appropriate folders the files eg kickstarts/games,this folders do not exist in the HstWB Package Installation v1.4.2

Last edited by symbios24; 29 October 2019 at 07:43.
Old 29 October 2019, 22:34   #427
iowtheme

CF card booting in Winuae but not on real Amiga 4000

hi all

download the 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.2

Writing HDF image to CF card using Win32DiskImager
it took 4hr to write to my CF card.

now setup in winuae with
Amiga OS 3.9 cd-rom.
Boing Bag 1 and 2 lha files
amiga rom Kickstart
AMIGAOSDIR
KICKSTARTDIR
USERPACKAGESDIR

so start winuse to install OS3.9.

It perfectly work fine in the winuae but will NOT boot on my A4000/40
can anyone help me try and resolve this issue.

I do not want to redo image with Win32DiskImager it takes too long is there any other option to do this quicker.

thank all
Old 30 October 2019, 12:23   #428
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBeer View Post
I tested this and it actually doesn't select Agony v2.0 as best version if both Agony v1.3 and v2.0 are present. Versions are not considered when ranking entries, so it's a bug.

I have made a fix, which will be included in next HstWB Installer release.
Old 30 October 2019, 12:32   #429
cyberhead97

Quote:
cyberhead97 how can i run the package installation from inside workbench?
do i have also a second flash drive with the game packages connected?

For the raspberry there is a file usb_self_install that you extract to a flash drive and copy inside to the appropriate folders the files eg kickstarts/games,this folders do not exist in the HstWB Package Installation v1.4.2
Just extract HstWB Package Installation v1.4.2 to your FAT32 USB drive, plug it into your Raspberry Pi and power it on.

If you use my Amiberry or UAE4ARM configurations included with my Amibian image, then a USB harddrive should be present in Workbench you can open and double-click on "UserPackage-Installation" icon to start package installation.

If you not using my Amiberry or UAE4ARM configurations, then you need to press F12 once you have started Amiberry or UAE4ARM, add USB drive /media/usb0 (can also be one of the other usb1, usb2...) as a harddrive with volume label USB. Restart emulator and you should see USB harddrive in Workbench.

Beware that Amibian doesn't safely unmount FAT32, so it can break when unplugging the USB stick while Raspberry Pi is running. Windows can easily help you check and repair FAT32, if you plug the USB stick into a Windows computer.
Old 30 October 2019, 12:42   #430
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowtheme View Post
hi all

download the 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.2

Writing HDF image to CF card using Win32DiskImager
it took 4hr to write to my CF card.

now setup in winuae with
Amiga OS 3.9 cd-rom.
Boing Bag 1 and 2 lha files
amiga rom Kickstart
AMIGAOSDIR
KICKSTARTDIR
USERPACKAGESDIR

so start winuse to install OS3.9.

It perfectly work fine in the winuae but will NOT boot on my A4000/40
can anyone help me try and resolve this issue.

I do not want to redo image with Win32DiskImager it takes too long is there any other option to do this quicker.

thank all
Writing a 16GB image to a CF card taking 4 hours doesn't sound good. When I write a 16GB image to a SD card it usually takes 20-25 minutes. Without knowing the details about your setup for writing CF card, it could be related to speed of your CF card, USB adapter or computer.

When you use a 040 or 060 CPU you need to make sure 68040.library or 68060.library are in correctly installed. HstWB Installer currently only installs MMULibs from Aminet, if you're installing Amiga OS 3.1.4. But for Amiga OS 3.9, you will have to do this your self.

Try downloading MMULibs from Aminet, then with WinUAE add a directory as a harddrive with MMULibs extracted and copy 680??.library files and mmu.library to your image DH0:Libs.
Old 30 October 2019, 13:55   #431
iowtheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
Writing a 16GB image to a CF card taking 4 hours doesn't sound good. When I write a 16GB image to a SD card it usually takes 20-25 minutes. Without knowing the details about your setup for writing CF card, it could be related to speed of your CF card, USB adapter or computer.

When you use a 040 or 060 CPU you need to make sure 68040.library or 68060.library are in correctly installed. HstWB Installer currently only installs MMULibs from Aminet, if you're installing Amiga OS 3.1.4. But for Amiga OS 3.9, you will have to do this your self.

Try downloading MMULibs from Aminet, then with WinUAE add a directory as a harddrive with MMULibs extracted and copy 680??.library files and mmu.library to your image DH0:Libs.
Thank you for you help
copy files to Libs ( still will not boot ) them the 4000 is boot look at the CF card and them CD rom drive LED green flashes and makes a sound them on the screen show a error message ( software Failure. press left mouse button to comtinue. Error: 8000 0004 Task: 08011038 )

CF card back in the PC and boot up fine in winuae.

I do have a working 8Gb CF card working with my A4000 with Classic Workbench 3.9 by Bloodwych
Old 30 October 2019, 14:25   #432
symbios24

Thanks

what about the game packages where i put them so it can find them and install them?

eg: i mean this folders from the usb_self_install archive for the raspberry

kickstart
os39
userpackages (games)
workbench

these folders do not exist in the hstwb package installation
Old 30 October 2019, 16:31   #433
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowtheme View Post
Thank you for you help
copy files to Libs ( still will not boot ) them the 4000 is boot look at the CF card and them CD rom drive LED green flashes and makes a sound them on the screen show a error message ( software Failure. press left mouse button to comtinue. Error: 8000 0004 Task: 08011038 )

CF card back in the PC and boot up fine in winuae.

I do have a working 8Gb CF card working with my A4000 with Classic Workbench 3.9 by Bloodwych
Can you access early boot menu by holding down both mouse buttons while booting? And can it boot without startup sequence?

If you copied 68060.library, then you need to either delete or rename the file as you don’t have a 68060 cpu.
Old 30 October 2019, 16:46   #434
cyberhead97

Quote:
Thanks

what about the game packages where i put them so it can find them and install them?

eg: i mean this folders from the usb_self_install archive for the raspberry

kickstart
os39
userpackages (games)
workbench

these folders do not exist in the hstwb package installation
You could create a directory called “Package Installation” extract HstWB Package Installation to there. It can co-exist with the other game directories, no problem.

Remember to show all files in Workbench, if the USB harddrive appears to be empty.
Old 31 October 2019, 11:34   #435
iowtheme

Quote:
Can you access early boot menu by holding down both mouse buttons while booting? And can it boot without startup sequence?

If you copied 68060.library, then you need to either delete or rename the file as you don’t have a 68060 cpu.
Delete 68060, 30, 20, 10,

New error message ( software Failure. press left mouse button to continue. Error: 8000 0004 Task: 08011030 )

Yes boot to AmigaDos without startup sequence?

what can I do next ( is there anything I can take off the working CF card? )

Last edited by iowtheme; 31 October 2019 at 11:46.
Old 03 November 2019, 00:50   #436
SpocksBeer

Quote:
I tested this and it actually doesn't select Agony v2.0 as best version if both Agony v1.3 and v2.0 are present. Versions are not considered when ranking entries, so it's a bug.

I have made a fix, which will be included in next HstWB Installer release.
Cool, thanks for looking into this.
Old 04 November 2019, 13:45   #437
rossb

Hi,

Just used the latest version to install CWB ADVSP. Install all works well, and the icons are now correct. However the Games and Demos are installed in data:whdload\ but all the assigns for a-games and a-demos are pointing to Dh0: . Is this just a tweak to the assigns script, or have I done something silly during the install.

Regards,

Ross.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
Old 04 November 2019, 15:59   #438
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossb View Post
Regards,

Ross.

Ross, as per "Rules & Help" --> Signature (direct signatures are not allowed).

Can you please turn off the Tapatalk signature?
Old 04 November 2019, 16:38   #439
rossb

Oops, apologies. Should be fine now.

Ross.
Old 05 November 2019, 12:14   #440
rossb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossb View Post
Hi,

Just used the latest version to install CWB ADVSP. Install all works well, and the icons are now correct. However the Games and Demos are installed in data:whdload\ but all the assigns for a-games and a-demos are pointing to Dh0: . Is this just a tweak to the assigns script, or have I done something silly during the install.

Regards,

Ross.

Assigns changed and all fine