English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 11 June 2019, 11:32   #1
Mrz
Banned

Giana Sisters android version

I have been playing and testing this game here in my xiaomi mi8 , I tested the 3.1.1 version
this giana sister is by far superior than any giana sister for the Amiga
this game is fantastic, is too easy but fantastic anyways
the music in this game is amazing but amazing, and I'm not joking, the melodies changes constantly during levels and there are tons

I'm sure the music is composed by the master Chris Hülsbeck which done the turrican'music for the Amiga

it seems this giana sisters port comes from the nintendo DS version but is not the same exactly, there are some differences, but the android version is far better

Id like to see someone talented porting this game to the Amiga, I know is possible
here is a trailer if you don't know this game

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 11 June 2019, 18:32   #2
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrz View Post
I have been playing and testing this game here in my xiaomi mi8 , I tested the 3.1.1 version
this giana sister is by far superior than any giana sister for the Amiga
this game is fantastic, is too easy but fantastic anyways
the music in this game is amazing but amazing, and I'm not joking, the melodies changes constantly during levels and there are tons

I'm sure the music is composed by the master Chris Hülsbeck which done the turrican'music for the Amiga

it seems this giana sisters port comes from the nintendo DS version but is not the same exactly, there are some differences, but the android version is far better

Id like to see someone talented porting this game to the Amiga, I know is possible
here is a trailer if you don't know this game

[ Show youtube player ]

For how things develop it seems Turrican Engine is more appropriate, especially for the soda shoot scene
Old 11 June 2019, 19:21   #3
Aladin

not the same that pc version?

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 01 July 2019, 14:06   #4
vulture

Looks to be very much the same
Old 04 July 2019, 14:22   #5
Chrille

@Mrz:

Yes, this is a port of the nintendo ds version which was released on april 2009. The other ports were released some time later. The latest was Giana Sisters 2D on Steam for Windows PC. Release date was otctober 2015 and yes the PC/Mac/IOS/Android version has some changes compared to the Nintendo DS version. IMHO not all changes are better than on NDS.

There are other ports on IOS (IPhone/IPad), Android, Mac Os (available at AppStore) and on Windows PCs (e.g. on Steam).

If you like Giana Sisters, please have also a look at "Giana Sisters 30th Anniversary Extended Preview" on the C64 which will be released in the "near future":
https://csdb.dk/release/?id=168405

[ Show youtube player ]

Or if you like designing levels, there is a good construction set available on the C64:
https://csdb.dk/release/?id=151956

[ Show youtube player ]

If you have no C64 there are also good emulators available like Vice. I guess also on fast Amigas are some good emulators available (Vice at AOS4/MOS@PPC or Magic64 on classic AOS3@060/AGA).

And notice that there is also a Giana Siters S.E. (Amiga)https://pixelglass.org/#gianase which is the original Giana Sisters with some modified graphics from the NDS version.

Quote:
No, AFAIK the music is only inspired by Chris Hülsbeck, he has done also the original Giana Sisters music on C64, which was later converted by Thomas Lopatic to Amiga (according to HOL).
Giana Sisters DS/2D music was composed by Fabian Del Priore.

Please see also on wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giana_Sisters_DS

To be complete, there is also Gianas Return and the official game Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams.

The music in Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams is composed by Chris Hülsbeck, Machinae Supremacy and Fabian Del Priore.