English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 05 June 2004, 00:54   #1
oldpx

Mysterious games to be cracked/fixed

I have two non-tosec, non-hol, non-cracked and encrypted (at least one of them) Turkish games. Stres and Paranın Kokusu (you should see ı as i with no dot)

Stres: Read error while reading with DIC on track 120 (121?) with both originals I have. Copy protection perhaps?
Paranın Kokusu: Codetapper said that the game is heavily encrypted/compressed so people cannot modify it easily.

Cody wants their screenshots for HOL but a directly created ADF doesn't load the game for obvious reasons. I have the originals of them both. If someone hadn't copied messed up versions over the originals, the disks look ok and bear original labels. Strangely enough, they fail to work on my A500 or A1200 just like winuae. Maybe something different in my hardware config makes the program think it's running on a pirated medium or maybe the copy protections don't work as the programmers intended them to. Anything can be possible. I doubt more than a hundred originals were sold to the public! Both games can be extremely faulty. As I said numerous times, Turkey was the piracy heaven and people who made commercial games were paranoid about that.

I'll be uploading them both in MFMWarp format to the zone now. Let's see if someone can discover the source of the problem and offers a good idea on how to make them usable under winuae, or a real amiga if possible.

Old 05 June 2004, 01:24   #2
jmmijo

Did you try to load them onto the A500 as a 512K Chip Ram only machine using degrader or some other tool like this ?!? Or even removing the extra 512K upgrade if it has that in the trap door ?!? Of course this means jack if it's an A500 Plus machine
Old 05 June 2004, 01:25   #3
Amiga1992

If your miggy is not recognizing the disks as originals could be a problem with the diskdrive. I remember not being able to play lots of original games when my diskdrive started to act flakey (and ended up fucking R-Type II for me ). Mega-Lo-Mania let you load but whenever you started to play an island you would hear the "it's all over!" sample and your pic would appear with the word "pirate" below it, and the game freezed

Did you try using the CAPS dumping tool with them?
Old 05 June 2004, 01:38   #4
oldpx

My 500 has these:
1.3 Rom
80MB GVP hard drive/controller with some (3mb?) gvp ram
512k home made ram board in trapdoor slot
Chinon floppy drive

I'm disabling the GVP controller with a button on it. This leaves me a -standard expanded- A500. I see a "pirated version" message with Paranin Kokusu. Now it's nearly impossible to relate that with the 512k ram in the trapdoor but maybe, just maybe it is.

500 and 1200 always give different results on x-copy/chkdisk. I'm not speaking of these specific games. This happens all the time. I have several floppy drives but I've no idea whichever works like the game wants. It's probably the drive.

I couldn't find caps dumping tool on caps page. I think it isn't publicly available This can seriously save me.

Old 05 June 2004, 11:21   #5
Duke
HOL-Team

Send a message via ICQ to Duke
The answer to the dumping tool lies in the FAQ: http://www.caps-project.org/articles.php?id=dumptool
Old 05 June 2004, 11:32   #6
oldpx

@caps people
may I have the dumping tool pleeeez?

Old 05 June 2004, 12:16   #7
fiath

Turkish games, nice! Sure you can have the dumping tool, please email contributions@caps-project.org with your Amiga spec and we will take you through the official process...
Old 05 June 2004, 23:00   #8
oldpx

Done! Thanks already
edit: I received a "CAPS Auto Response - Temporary Unavailability" mail, is this normal?

Old 11 June 2004, 09:25   #9
fiath

Yes, that is perfectly normal, we are very busy at the moment. I'll try to answer you next mail asap.
Old 15 June 2004, 00:25   #10
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Hmm, I have a (cracked ?) copy of 'Stres', if this helps anything ?
If anyone cares I can make an ADF of it and try it in WinUAE.
Old 15 June 2004, 00:38   #11
oldpx

Uh how could you have something like that in your possession?!??
Of course I care
Please try to run it, or better, zone it

Old 21 June 2004, 16:07   #12
oldpx

Any luck Overdoc?
Fiath? I reuploaded the files, they should work now. I sent you my ftp details in case my uploads have failed again.

Old 18 September 2004, 19:06   #13
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burseg
Uh how could you have something like that in your possession?!??
Maybe because TOSEC 0.29 *does* include this game?

In the zone. Cracked and trained by "Ano-Neem".
Old 18 September 2004, 19:27   #14
oldpx

Hmm shit, I already had it and had no idea! Thanks a million, now I'll try it out

It's the second best thing I learned today. First one was that an old friend of mine is arrested because of credit card fraud and is going to be "inside" for a few decades.

Old 18 September 2004, 19:36   #15
oldpx

Now that's strange. I remembered the game, I must have played it sometime before!

Old 18 September 2004, 21:28   #16
andreas
Zone Friend

Heheh .. well I can't await the CAPS version!
The cracked version is really fucked up ... after you let the time run out towards zero, you can still play!?
Yes, even though I had turned off the trainer entirely!

Now go and try that with your original copy! I bet you will get a 'TIME OVER' screen instead!

(Akira - you too had better keep your hands off that crack, as it's for ch34t3rz only! )

Last edited by andreas; 18 September 2004 at 21:35.
Old 18 September 2004, 21:41   #17
oldpx

My original doesn't work that's why I posted it to caps but probably it's stupid me who messed up the config since I know for sure I played it at least once. I've seen so many strange Turkish games that I didn't know previously that I can't remember them correctly.

Old 19 September 2004, 09:46   #18
andreas
Zone Friend

Blergh...I actually meant that you should try it on the REAL THING, of course
But as you don't seem to have one ... heh ... bad luck then
Old 20 September 2004, 11:06   #19
oldpx

No it certainly didn't work on the real thing! I'm sure of at least that I tried recently, before capsing it. I have an almighty power of tower (or the opposite) a500 with built in motorola 090 processor and dual opteron.

edit: Perhaps it was the real thing I remember the game from, but that must have been one of my crazy days that I made uncommon psyhical treatments and forgot about, like putting a kick 1.2, and it luckily getting programs as uncommon requirements work by chance. It's not any easier than finding a winuae config is it!

Last edited by oldpx; 20 September 2004 at 11:16.

Old 20 September 2004, 21:53   #20
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
No it certainly didn't work on the real thing! I'm sure of at least that I tried recently, before capsing it.
Ahhh ok, it was my rash reasoning again....sorry about that.

Well, so the CAPS guys must have the ability to FIX your original disk then?
According to your post's contents, it obviously seems corrupt (or it got corrupted with the years)