English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 February 2009, 20:03   #1
Triumph

Help! Trying to Load .DMS file.....

Howdy all,

I`m a fresh new face on EAB, sadly I haven`t owned a "real" Amiga for about 12 years so I`m trying to get a few bits from my old groups - grasshopper Developments and Phuture 303 (anyone remember them??!!) to run on WinUAE.

I have a problem with one file, WinUAE reports "Selected Image not bootable (bootblock checksum error)"
I have run X-DMS and saved the DMS as a ADF file, but that still won`t boot.
I also tried to extract the files from the DMS, but got a error, yet X-DMS reports the file is OK!

I`ve upped the file here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JM8O3RXU
If anyone can offer some help to get this running, or let me know if the file is knackered it`d be greatly appreciated!!

Old 17 February 2009, 20:18   #2
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

I remember both groups, never liked Phuture 303 that much though. GHD stuff on the other hand was nice, Kaneda had so many great ideas!
As for the disk, it was just the bootblock missing, I fixed it, just check the attachment.

Last edited by StingRay; 23 March 2010 at 10:49.
Old 17 February 2009, 20:19   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hi Triumph and welcome to EAB
Well I don't get the bootblock checksum error, but the disk won't boot either. However you can start the thing from Workbench Just start 'control.exe' from the disk from CLI and it will work.

Edit : Or just use StingRays fix
Old 17 February 2009, 20:32   #4
Triumph

Holy salami batman! you guys don`t mess about!!!

Thanks for the FAST replies!! & the fixed file! SUPERB!!!

Stingray: Didn`t like P303??? how DARE you!?!?! hehehe I was only in P303 for a short while as a trader when LFO moved back to the UK. I couldn`t remember many of the productions except Subculture.

Yeah Kaneda was/is? very talented, Coding, GFX & music he done it all, and as Tim Nice-but-Dim would say "a thoroughly bloody nice bloke"!!. I was mostly a trader in GHD, but done a few GFX too - can`t remember if I did any for Too-Hot (the file I was having trouble with) so I`m off to have a look now!

Thanks again guys - appreciated!!!!

Old 17 February 2009, 20:37   #5
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

I dare not to like P303 because their productions weren't too interesting. :P But Kaneda was indeed extremely talented, I liked the things he made. Have fun checking the disk now =)