English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 March 2009, 20:06   #61
Dary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Thanks Dary, it's back up (hope it still is when I get home from work)..

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=521984&postcount=54 - could you tell me if the AmigaSYS package INCLUDES or DOESNT include the necessary updates/drivers etc?
you're welcome, now it will run. No driver included in it, just the base contrib drivers, nothing beside this. But the Amithlon contains other drivers too, e.g. ac97, sb128 sound. I meant the external drivers, wiches are not integrated in amithlon systems. E.g. usb, lan, tvcard or other. These must be installed by manually.
Old 16 March 2009, 20:15   #62
Dary

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidbass View Post
Hi there,

I am using AmigaSYS4 and OS3.9 and it's pretty cool. I also cannot get Fblit to do anything (using HighGFX 1024x768). Also I was unable to install BB1/BB2 after upgrade...(Cannot get Workbench Version?)...

Lastly, is there anyway to change the mouse cursor (the hand icon) to a simple arrow? Pointer prefs, I suppose, but I'm no artist...

squid
Unfortunately, me too cannot operate FBLIT under AOS3.9, some guys can use it perfectly, i'll try to get some solution for it. I'll put the mousecursor into the soon will be released update, and then you'll can select it.
Old 16 March 2009, 20:37   #63
Dary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootay View Post
Hello everyone,

I have 1 problem and 1 question.

I am using AmigaSYS 4 and the problem I am having is:
I am using an IDE CD-ROM as a slave to an IDE Hard Drive, and when I mount the drive the icon for the cd in the drive appears and then AmigaOS locks up and eventually displays a Software Failure. I am using OS3.1 because I haven't purchased 3.1 roms yet to upgrade to 3.9. I am using an Amiga 4000 and I am using the onboard IDE port.
I tried other cds and also tried it with no cd in the drive and the results are all the same. Does anyone have any idea what could be happening? I have not tried another drive yet.

Now for the question. How come during the AmigaSYS boot, the boot screen is messed up looking? I don't have a screenshot, but on my Amiga 4000 the boot screen that is displayed during startup looks like it is shifted to the bottom right and in 4 colors. Is there something I can do to change this?

Great job on AmigaSYS..it is the best thing to happen to AmigaOS in a long time.
Email me and i'll send you some test cd mount file. But i do not know what causes this. The boot screen has 4 color??? If you can, please send a picture!
Old 17 March 2009, 21:29   #64
leytond
MY 1200 IS AWSOME

Send a message via MSN to leytond
well ive tried to download the lha file for my 1200 6 times, but it stops at about 8 meg complete, any idias were i can get it from anyone.
Old 18 March 2009, 01:13   #65
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leytond View Post
well ive tried to download the lha file for my 1200 6 times, but it stops at about 8 meg complete, any idias were i can get it from anyone.
Which file are you talking about, leytond?
(I probably have it. )

I've not had any problems downloading anything for AmigaSYS (apart from the early days when their server didn't support resuming failed downloads! ),

prowler
Old 08 June 2009, 21:19   #66
Amilord

Upgrade to 3.9 :(

Hello guys,

I'm trying to perform an upgrade to OS3.9 + BB1 and BB2 but I really cannot achieve this
How the mount files are working under WinUAE for the AGA version ? I have tried directly via adding the cdrom drive under the UAE control panel, but...upgrade doesnt seems to be just fine

I'm trying: install ASYS4, next Install R1.2 Update then install 3.9

Thx
Old 10 June 2009, 19:49   #67
Geronimo

After installing AmigaSYS4 AGA and upgrading it to 3.9. I get following error message at startup:

Cannot open "workbench.library", version 45. Unable to run "AMIDOCK"

Anyone an idea how to fix it?

Old 13 June 2009, 08:07   #68
foody

If you are developing AmigaSYS 5 could you add sound effect for windows and dialogbox? Just a suggestions.
Old 13 June 2009, 09:29   #69
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
After installing AmigaSYS4 AGA and upgrading it to 3.9. I get following error message at startup:

Cannot open "workbench.library", version 45. Unable to run "AMIDOCK"

Anyone an idea how to fix it?
That means version of workbench.library being used is not the correct 3.9 version.
You may not have SetPatch in you startup-sequence, or your SetPatch may also not be the 3.9 version, or the version of workbench.library in LIBS: may not be the 3.9 version.
You can install AmigaSYS straight to 3.9 version instead of upgrading.

Note sure how it was upgraded as I would have thought all of those points above would have been addressed.
Old 27 June 2009, 11:14   #70
DyLucke
Cookie Muncher

Hi there, first of all i would like to thank and congratulate Dary for the great effort he's doing developing AmigaSYS.
Your package is really useful and works really nice.

Once done this, i would like to comment a problem that's annoying me since a while ago.
I'm using AmigaSYS3plus on one of my A1200 and i've been noticing some issue since i changed my monitor for a TFT. The fact is everytime i run the program SYSinfo it seems like the monitor loses the image... i get a weird fuzzy screen for one second and then the NO SIGNAL message from the TFT OSD. I have the same issue with the pointer preferences if i don't set the screen mode to 256 colours no matter what resolution.

The problem seems to be happening to me either using AmigaSYS4 on the other A1200 and the TFT monitor. This didn't happen on the old CRT and it's happening either on other TFT i borrowed from a friend.

Plus i discovered if i boot up from the original workbench disk, i don't have any kind of problem. So i think i can discard some kind of hardware fault.

What could i do?
Old 18 July 2009, 17:22   #71
mai

Quote:
Put the Amiga formatted HD into the PC.
This is what the AmigaSYS team wrote on their homepage about installing
AmigaSYS on HDD.
I am planning to use a CF card.
So my question is:
Do i have to format and partitioning the CF card before the installation procedure or is inside the installation an option to do this?
Old 25 July 2009, 13:19   #72
mai

I want to know, how to prepare a cf card.
I want to format the cf card under WinUAE.
Is the new card automatically recognized by WinUAE and HDToolbox?
What to do?
Old 25 July 2009, 21:13   #73
prowler
Global Moderator

@mai.

I have just ordered a couple of Sandisk Ultra II 4GB CF cards to go in my CF-IDE adapters and ultimately in my A1200s.

I shall be attempting something similar with these, so we can compare notes.
Old 25 July 2009, 21:35   #74
mai

@prowler
I have also ordered the necassery hardware(CF to IDE 2.5 Adapter with 2.5 IDE cable and the compatible "SANDISK II Ultra 4 GB".
For me its important to get all necassery information before the hardware arrives me.
I dont want to try and try again to get a running configuration.
I found out for example, that i have to start WinUAE(Vista) in Administrator mode, else i am not able harddrives.
A step by step guide of how to format a CF card via WinUAE would be fine, i have scanned the forum but was not succesful.
Meanwhile i also know, that i have to start WinUAE with "-disableharddrivesafetycheck" tooltype and
i have to change tooltype of HD Toolbox to uaehf.device.
Old 25 July 2009, 21:50   #75
prowler
Global Moderator

@mai,

I'm definitely with you on this, mate! Only difference is, I'll be doing in in WinXP Pro SP2.

I suggest one of us starts a new thread when we're ready to go.
Old 25 July 2009, 22:04   #76
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgor View Post
That means version of workbench.library being used is not the correct 3.9 version.
You may not have SetPatch in you startup-sequence, or your SetPatch may also not be the 3.9 version, or the version of workbench.library in LIBS: may not be the 3.9 version.
You can install AmigaSYS straight to 3.9 version instead of upgrading.

Note sure how it was upgraded as I would have thought all of those points above would have been addressed.
Could also mean he doesnt have enough memory set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
@prowler
i have to change tooltype of HD Toolbox to uaehf.device.
You dont have to do this, if you set the CF HDD as IDE0.
Old 25 July 2009, 22:24   #77
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Thanks, another useful info.
Old 25 July 2009, 22:29   #78
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Thanks, another useful info.
Every little bit helps!
Old 26 July 2009, 13:09   #79
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Every little bit helps!
Also, once drive is prepped, and it resets, you will need to hold both mouse buttons. Go into early startup and select your original Boot HDD, or it will keep trying to boot from your CF and giving you "DHx is not a valid DOS disk". It only does this as its set to IDE0.
Old 26 July 2009, 22:25   #80
webhead
Banned

amigasys help

hello there i just installed amigasys on my xbox and it works great but ,when i put a cd in i get no icon as in cant find cd and im only putting in a standard iso disc,so can anyone help or cant it read cd,s or is it supposed to work from the word go if so maybe i installed it wrong but it seems to all work and it works great apart from no cd drive,

im very impressed with amigasys4 i tink its great.

many thanks.