English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 01 June 2003, 03:18   #1
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Utility for copying INTO an ADF

UnADF is a great utility for extracting files from an ADF disk image, means the user doesn't have to bother writing the disk to floppy just to extract a file for a WHDLoad installation (like a demo for instance).

Some games have loads of different startup-sequences, for instance, Sim City, there are approximately 10 different versions of this game, from differing executable main files, to different startup-sequences.

In my WHDLoad install I have had to make it so that the User backs up their disk first, then copies the contents of a directory onto their backup disk, and then image it. This is all a lot of time wasted writing down to a floppy, when maybe someone knows of a utility that will enable me to simply copy new files into the ADF itself.

I am after something like UnADF, as its small, you pass a simple parameter to and it does its job with no problems, I'm not interested in some stupid 80-400k util to do this simple job.

I dont want the user to have to do anything, I pass parameters in the install process, and the util does the work.

I also don't want to code something if someone has already done it.

So, anyone know of an existing util thatwill do the job?
Old 01 June 2003, 15:13   #2
Severin

Send a message via ICQ to Severin
hmmm, this doesn't do quite what you want but it is very useful for messing around with ADF's, I basically lets you mount an ADF as a real device

http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/pub/amine.../diskimage.lha

HFmounter and VF2000 also do a similar job but they both use an assigned directory and only allow 12 or 32 images respectivly, whereas diskimage lets you load any image from anywhere (DD/HD, CD ISO's etc.)...

maybe you could use the 'diskimage.device' to do what you want, it should seriously cut down and code you might need to write