English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 May 2009, 19:07   #1
dex
Eat Electric Death

Graphics problem in B.A.T. II, latest WinUAE

Hello once again!

I finally started playing B.A.T. II and to my personal shock I encountered a problem shortly after blazing of with my starship. After you get the credits from the woman you can use one of these flight craft to the right of the space port. Then the game switches to a 3D vector engine where you can fly the ship via joystick. After some minutes of flying, however, the vector part of the screen starts to flicker and everything slows down to a crawl (1 fps). What am I doing wrong?

Unfortunately I cannot describe this in more detail, I can only hope someone knows what I am talking about.

It would help me to know if any of you knows a working configuration for WinUAE where the flight sequences are playable, maybe you played this game recently in WinUAE without problems? I am using a WHD install of the game (officially registered version). I hope this is not caused by the chipset timing, the game is unplayable slow if I choose "A500" timings and I can't even fly long enough to see if this would make any difference.

Thank you very much in advance.
Old 07 May 2009, 20:54   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Try disk version with A500 Quickstart configuration. There can be emulation problem(s) if exact same problem still happens.
Old 11 May 2009, 18:14   #3
dex
Eat Electric Death

I will try it later. However, it seems it does not happen if I choose the real A500 timing (I assume that's also pre-configured in the A500 quickstart settings). However, it is unplayable in that state. It is only fluent if I choose "fastest possible but maintain chipset timing". I guess that's the problem for the vector graphics, the chipset timing. But... how did they play this game on an A500 back in the day? Too bad I didn't try it on my own A500 back then.