English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 21 April 2020, 00:52   #81
Pyromania

When is this game coming out so I can buy it?
Old 21 April 2020, 08:22   #82
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydos View Post
I don't think so. See the version counter on the page.
Yes, I noticed that, but who knows what does it mean?
Old 21 April 2020, 10:27   #83
AgedCode
Game Developer

Thank you gals and guys for keeping interest in the progress of the game

No, the game is far from being dead! There are no new entries in the minilog because the whole steam goes into the development. Every version numbering change brings a lot to the game. Not only the game code is being developed, but also many tools on the PC side (without them it would be practically impossible to achieve the current state). The game's mechanics is very complex and that unfortunately takes a lot of time - I spend several hours a day, and rarely have a weekend off. At this point the game world economy is being balanced. It's a huge challenge and it will certainly take some time, and even later it will require further improvements - I have no doubts about that. We want to give a refined product into your hands. Of course, it won't be perfect, but our conscience doesn't allow us to release the game just yet just because its development is dragging on. It's of course a mutual pain, on the one hand for players who would like to have the game on their computers already and on the other hand for us, because the development time has long ceased to be potentially profitable (not to mention my wife, who, although she does not stop showing patience and support, would also like it to end ;-)).

Meanwhile, we warmly ask you to keep the good spirit, not to lose faith that the game will come out and be patient

PS In a while I plan to show you how the dialogue system works - not on a diagram or a sketch, but on the game engine and its graphics. There will also be other, I hope, engrossing announcements related to the influence of players interested in the further development and shape of the game. Stay tuned
Old 21 April 2020, 10:47   #84
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Thank you for the update. It is not needed to hurry the game and release something unfinished, but at least a screenshot or an article time to time would be very appreciated
Old 21 April 2020, 11:09   #85
AgedCode
Game Developer

I know, I know, it torments me all the time. The website doesn't look so good either. I wish everything was neat, but working on the game as fast as possible has top priority. Besides, some time ago someone pointed out that our PR and advertising are bad. They may be right, I won't argue with that. And that's why it's really hard to take the time to think about what and how to publish it, so that people don't complain and criticize unfairly something that is in its unfinished phase and thus lower our morale. Even without this element it still takes a lot of self-denial to work on the same project for so long, so I count on your understanding
Old 21 April 2020, 11:14   #86
manossg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgedCode View Post
I know, I know, it torments me all the time. The website doesn't look so good either. I wish everything was neat, but working on the game as fast as possible has top priority. Besides, some time ago someone pointed out that our PR and advertising are bad. They may be right, I won't argue with that. And that's why it's really hard to take the time to think about what and how to publish it, so that people don't complain and criticize unfairly something that is in its unfinished phase and thus lower our morale. Even without this element it still takes a lot of self-denial to work on the same project for so long, so I count on your understanding
Keep up the great work, man, I am really looking forward to this game.
Old 21 April 2020, 21:18   #87
utri007
mä vaan

To avoid "curse of Amiga", do not promise too much. Keep basics on mind and don't start to think too "big". I really wait you game. There hasn't bee many games that has actually interesting and promise something new.
Old 30 April 2020, 10:13   #88
AgedCode
Game Developer

Quote:
To avoid "curse of Amiga", do not promise too much.
Unfortunately there are some individuals in Amiga community that are negatively oriented, no matter how much effort others put into their project. That saddens me. However, there is a very strong and much greater part of the Amiga community composed of true enthusiasts and they are giving me constant motivation to move on with the development. (Please, please do not disappoint me )

Quote:
Keep basics on mind and don't start to think too "big".
Well, mate, it's already too late . Since the beginning the idea of the game was "big". Big in terms of not being simple. With time it turned out to be more difficult in execution than initially assumed. And I mean not the technical side (code and/or Amiga hardware) but rather time needed to achieve it all. In face of that some ideas had to be put on hold for an eventual expansion or even a sequel of the game.

Quote:
I really wait you[r] game.
Thank you, that's really encouraging!

Quote:
There hasn't bee[n] many games that has actually interesting and promise something new.
I don't think it will be new. As already stated in one of the first mini log entry (on aquabyss.com) the game takes a lot from other great games. The question is whether the combination of that ideas put into AQUABYSS be successful(?) I really hope it will. But that of course can not rest on the shoulders of hope only. For that there will be a very close cooperation with the gaming community and help for modders to keep the game long-term interested.
Old 30 April 2020, 11:23   #89
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

from what I have seen this looks super amazing and promising..

Hope you can finish the game, agedCode...
Old 30 April 2020, 12:55   #90
Pyromania

@AgedCode

Thanx for checking in and keep the faith. Your game looks great and it will be done one day. I’m ready and excited to purchase it.
Old 30 April 2020, 13:12   #91
AgedCode
Game Developer

Thank you guys for the morale boost
Old 30 April 2020, 17:18   #92
kriz

Indeed full support to this project !!
Old 30 April 2020, 17:45   #93
Korodny
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgedCode View Post
There are no new entries in the minilog because the whole steam goes into the development.
What changed your mind? You started out with a very polished teaser video, after all...
Old 30 April 2020, 22:14   #94
AgedCode
Game Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korodny View Post
What changed your mind? You started out with a very polished teaser video, after all...
I understand your disappointment and I am really sorry (I feel disappointed too, if that's any comfort). However, keeping the log constantly updated was never the idea. I knew that publishing information would require a lot of supportive material which, in the present form and "strategy" chosen, can not be done with expected frequency. Thus it was named 'mini'. Speaking of, the next log entry should be released soon with - hopefully - an interesting information. As always, the community will be notified here in this thread.

As to the teaser. This may surprise you (and others as well) but I was strongly against releasing it at the time. I knew it was too early but others (involved in the project) insisted that the Amiga community should know what we're working on so I eventually gave up. I regret that but that's history now. We'll deal with another video in its proper time
Old 01 May 2020, 02:10   #95
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

The teaser is great and the game looks really interesting (from the perspective of the informations you have provided so far).

Continue the good work !
Old 01 May 2020, 03:15   #96
B2k_ad

My 2000 is waiting for it.
Thanks for the update and all the work.
I am really glad sometihng complex is developed for old hardware,
Do not get me wrong i essentially appreciate every recent development done for the amiga,
But a complex Game is something different and good,
I hope it wouldn?t use DRM
Old 09 May 2020, 14:26   #97
AgedCode
Game Developer

Hello Folks! The log has been updated. Feel free to comment and if you have a question regarding this particular entry log I'll try to respond.
Old 09 May 2020, 15:49   #98
utri007
mä vaan

Nice that I get some benefit for a 68060 CPU. Is there any estimate, when you release this? Price is also a interesting question.
Old 09 May 2020, 16:16   #99
dreadnought

This is an extremely interesting project, precisely the kind of next-gen gameplay styles mixture which was Amiga's strong point all these years ago. Modern productions, great as they are, are usually action oriented so I'm really happy you guys have chosen the other path.

Kudos for making so much effort for this game to work even on lower-tier Amiga models. I have an A500 with ACA accelerator so hopefully will be able to play it on the original hardware, if not, then there are always emulators.

Do you have any, even very vague release date in mind that you could reveal? Also, is this a commercial project?
...what utri007 said, basically
Old 09 May 2020, 18:08   #100
AgedCode
Game Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k_ad View Post
My 2000 is waiting for it.
I hope you won't be disappointed and that your A2000 is equipped in an accelerator card.

Quote:
I hope it wouldn't use DRM
Although I know it was a joke, you touched on a very interesting subject. Personally I am against any invasive protection. I'd like to learn what people think about it - is it needed? Does protection make them feel like they're spending money on something "valuable"? Or maybe it's something else? Or... maybe everybody hates it and prefer "DRM-free" version? Please share your thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
Nice that I get some benefit for a 68060 CPU.
Totally agree. I wanted to create something that would make use of every CPU upgrade on Amiga, starting from overclocked 68000.

Quote:
Is there any estimate, when you release this?
Sorry, not yet. I think that's the most delicate topic we should avoid right now . But you (and others who ask) will know it as soon as it's internally established.

Quote:
Price is also a interesting question.
Yes... And very touchy . I remember reading here, on EAB, a topic with a controversial discussion on this issue. I was asked that question several times in private conversations with other Amiga users and the price I suggested was criticized as definitely too low. So this matter is still open but in the end we'll try to please most of the buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
This is an extremely interesting project, precisely the kind of next-gen gameplay styles mixture which was Amiga's strong point all these years ago. Modern productions, great as they are, are usually action oriented so I'm really happy you guys have chosen the other path.
Like a honeycomb on the tongue. Thank you mate . Just keep in mind, it's a game on Amiga, not on a modern PC made by a hundred or so team members

Quote:
Kudos for making so much effort for this game to work even on lower-tier Amiga models.
It's really very, very challenging. Dealing with this poses many obstacles that prolong development. But we're closer than before.

Quote:
I have an A500 with ACA accelerator so hopefully will be able to play it on the original hardware, if not, then there are always emulators.
Not sure how fast is your ACA but if it's 020 then it should be good enough. If 030 then even better. As to the emulators... Well, I prefer real hardware, but in the end it's personal experience and pleasure that counts - whether achieved one way or another.

Quote:
Also, is this a commercial project?
Yes. 100%. But it's primarily a personal passion that motivates us