English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 March 2010, 19:31   #1
Photon

screenshot input event

Noticed a difference between the behavior hardwired to the Printscreen key (take screenshot and put in clipboard) and connecting a key to Screenshot in the Input panel (write a .png to /screenshots folder and put nothing in clipboard).

I would really like to bind this to another key, so I won't have to flip the KeyRah switch to enable the special keys for each screenshot. I take a lot of screenshots for BitWorld and it almost drove me mad yesterday

The printscreen key is bound to -none- in input panel, so rebinding that will not have the intended effect!

Rebinding f.ex. 'Enter GUI' to another key works as intended.

If you could, that would be great. But if you do, please leave the .png functionality of Screenshot (0x201) as it is, so those who use that don't get angry, hehe
Old 13 March 2010, 19:42   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Beta thread is wrong thread. Do not do that again.

What do you mean by not working as intended? There is no input event for copy to clipboard (because nobody has asked), only original copy to file.

EDIT:

Print screen : save to clipboard : <no input event>
END + print screen : save to file : screenshot input event

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 13 March 2010 at 21:59.
Old 14 March 2010, 01:35   #3
Photon

Yeah, sorry about that. The reason it ended up there was that I upgraded to latest beta, and had trouble making input panel re-binds "stick" when saving config (double click winuae.exe, quickstart config, edit some binds, save config, quit, doubleclick config, configchanges not there or not loaded).

I wrote and tested a litte and eventually skipped reporting anything about that, since I've had the same through many versions and it only takes a few extra tries to make them work (seems general config issue and not just for binds). It will probably be a non-issue if I make a clean install from 2.0.1->latest beta with configstuff deleted, so.

But anyway that's where I started writing the post, so when it changed to the above text instead I submitted without thinking that I should post here or in req.winuae.

Ie. at first I thought the lost binds had to do with the changed input panel in latest beta, but then I remembered, tried again and binds were there.

So consider it a request or wish, if it's not added I'll try to find a workaround or keep on switchin'.

Since WinUAE reads raw keys, no external rebinding in registry or autohotkeys etc will work. The reason I need the clipboard is basically because I want full resolution screenshots filtered 'the correct way' to '320x256' with my Photoshop-macro.

Last edited by Photon; 14 March 2010 at 01:50.
Old 14 March 2010, 23:31   #4
Photon

Fixed in beta17, the new "screenshot (clipboard)" tested and working. Thx