English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.TOSEC (amiga only)

Old 06 February 2021, 18:00   #1
hitm4n

New files for Tosec

14 ADF files uploaded to Zone for the attention of Mai and other maintainers. I've named the coverdisks as best i could, scanned and checked all current dats and couldn't find any of these. Hope to see them included in next update. Cheers. Simon.
Old 06 February 2021, 18:11   #2
chip

Thanks for contributing
Old 09 February 2021, 16:28   #3
Crashdisk

Hi hitm4n,
I started looking at your files!
PlatMan was already in TOSEC but it was an older version published in "The One" magazine. I took the opportunity to add a version distributed by Courbois and another one by Legend who modified the program to work from the hard disk.

The animation "Lemmin's Revenge" is also added with a bonus "17-Bit Software" version of disk 2

For the coverdisk, I'm going to delay, because there would be a major update to do in this category before enriching it (even if there will be additions in the next datfile...)
Old 09 February 2021, 16:35   #4
chip

Hi Crashdisk

There's no hurry at all, but just for curiosity, when the new TOSEC will be released ?
Old 09 February 2021, 17:58   #5
hitm4n

Hi Crashdisk, i'm sure you know what you are doing. If some of the disks aren't required thats fine.

However, just to clarify on Platman, cos it sounds like you aren't including it?

The Platman disk is as it was given to me by John Hardie. Edgar Vigdal and myself did a remake of Platman called "Dots Adventures" for PC and John gave us his blessing, while supplying his last original released version. The disk itself didn't verify against anything in Tosec so i guess it differs in some small way. I think its the most authentic version of the game coming from the author himself. It is still a 50 room demo game though, i don't think he ever did finish it.

I was very surprised that i didn't find the Anti Lemmin animation in Tosec. I figured that would be a well known and popular couple of disks. I mean its not as good as Erics own animations but its not bad. Glad you are including it.

i have supplied these coverdisks in the past. Not sure who was looking after that part of the Tosec, or if it was just missed, but it would be good to see those finally included. These are rips of my very own original disks from the magazines. I was buying these mags right up until the last issues, still have the last 3 Amiga Formats and the last 3 CU Amiga issues for nostalgias sake

Thanks for picking the files up anyway, look forward to rescanning all my files in future. Cheers.
Old 09 February 2021, 20:46   #6
Crashdisk

@chip
soon if all goes well and it is possible that it won't...

@hitm4n
For Plat-Man, of course I include it. I was just pointing out that there was already an older version, but that doesn't prevent the addition of an alternative version, on the contrary!
Note that the same disk (same checksum) can be found on the Amiga Classix 2 CD.

There are still thousands of things missing from TOSEC, so nothing surprises me ;-)

Do not hesitate to repost your old files, they will always please some people to (re)discover them. Moreover, mai and I are in the background at the moment so we sometimes miss things...

Last edited by Crashdisk; 09 February 2021 at 21:12.
Old 09 February 2021, 21:30   #7
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdisk View Post
Moreover, mai and I are in the background at the moment so we sometimes miss things...
I'll say

...and I'm not having a go; you guys are doing a wonderful job, and I know how difficult / time consuming it is to catalogue everything.

It's just that, many, many years ago I uploaded my "Non-TOSEC" collection to my ~Uploads folder. It had over 1500 files not identified by TOSEC DATS, but it sat there for donkeys, still to this day as far as I can tell it hasn't been processed / files added to TOSEC.

Anyway, it's too late now... as I totally deleted my ~Uploads folder 6+ months ago in the FTP cleanup.
Old 09 February 2021, 21:37   #8
DamienD
Banned

Just out of interest, I just rescanned again using the latest "2020-10-31" DATs... results are as follows:
Old 10 February 2021, 02:09   #9
Radertified

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
The Platman disk is as it was given to me by John Hardie. Edgar Vigdal and myself did a remake of Platman called "Dots Adventures" for PC and John gave us his blessing, while supplying his last original released version. The disk itself didn't verify against anything in Tosec so i guess it differs in some small way. I think its the most authentic version of the game coming from the author himself. It is still a 50 room demo game though, i don't think he ever did finish it.
If the above is true and it is the last version, then you've just fulfilled my request from this thread.
Old 10 February 2021, 10:50   #10
hitm4n

posted in your thread just now...
Old 15 February 2021, 17:35   #11
DamienD
Banned

Because I'm a nice guy, I've re-uploaded the 1369 x Non-TOSEC files I have to mai's FTP

They are sitting under Upload/DamienD,

Hopefully you guys actually process these sometime soon; and not just leave them there for 5 years like they were on the "Amiga FTP"
Old 02 March 2021, 15:06   #12
breiztiger

thanks