English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 October 2022, 17:47   #61
Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_sk View Post
No, there won't be a a V4 for the A600 because apparently the reasoning is that the board would be too large and heavy and therefore would risk levering it's PLCC socket off the 68000 CPU and, in turn, causing contact problems.

Instead an adapter could be designed that would slot onto the A600's 68K CPU and a ribbon cable would go from that to the Firebird. Where you would put the Firebird, god only knows. It's a messy solution and it's unfortunate there won't be an A600 V4.
MANTICORE the new V4 accelerator for Amiga 600 is flying!
Yesterday we soldered the first prototypes and already today gunnar can boot coffin
We are so happy that we can present the V4 acceleartor on Amiga 37
Old 12 November 2022, 11:55   #62
maneus

I wonder why no comments or videos are around about the new Manticore on the Amiga boards or on youtube. I've had mine since October 27th, so since about 2.5 weeks.

I'm eagerly awaiting the first videos showing the installation and commissioning of the card. Or performance or software tests. But so far there is nothing to see about it.
Old 25 November 2022, 19:06   #63
Gryfon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras Voja View Post
Contact Igor Majstorovic. You can buy from him, but you have to pay hefty fee to BigGun for using 2.16 core and beyond, or use 2.15 and lower
In the end no-one from the Apollo team contacted me when the IceDrake was launched. I happened to read about it elsewhere within an hour or two of the announcement. So I made my order and was lucky enough to receive one in the first batch that was sold. It’s sitting in a Checkmate 1500 case looking gorgeous and I’ve loved using it for many months now.
Old 28 November 2022, 07:02   #64
Promilus

And here someone called me "butthurt" due to my dissatisfaction with several aspects of apollo cards (or rather softcore itself rather than cards but... hey, rtc addon, limited ethernet speed and no wireless just makes so much sense in 2022 for premium product) ... yeah I can see how my posts with merit compare to those tapeworms above.