English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 04 February 2022, 21:24   #21
Daedalus

Ah, sure I'll stick myself down then. Only just dabbling to start off really, but so far it's shaping up as a mixture of gameplay streams and development streams. Simple, casual stuff, no schedule. https://www.twitch.tv/daedalus2097
Old 05 February 2022, 11:20   #22
betajaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
That's a new one to me, thanks! Followed (and lurking as I type)
That's for putting up my little channel. Likewise, I have put this thread up on my channel info.

This is a great idea, and it has always been a dream of mine to see 24 hour Amiga Streaming on Twitch.
Old 05 February 2022, 11:43   #23
lesta_smsc

Maybe '24/7' streaming from conventions would be good idea lol. Interactive screen to communicate with others...
Old 05 February 2022, 11:57   #24
Seiya

a very long streaming, however, become boring and someone asleep very soon especially if are only comunication without show nothing.
Me too i have a twitch channel, but after a period in that i made so much streaming about retro gaming, now i lost any creativity and became very lazy.
Old 05 February 2022, 12:25   #25
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Ah, sure I'll stick myself down then. Only just dabbling to start off really, but so far it's shaping up as a mixture of gameplay streams and development streams. Simple, casual stuff, no schedule. https://www.twitch.tv/daedalus2097

Thought you'd join us It's where all the cool kids are these days. Glad to see you're dabbling in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betajaen View Post
That's for putting up my little channel. Likewise, I have put this thread up on my channel info.

This is a great idea, and it has always been a dream of mine to see 24 hour Amiga Streaming on Twitch.

Glad to have you on there and thanks! I hadn't come across your channel before so I have sat in and lurked for a bit here and there (early evenings not always a great time for me - but due to my own streaming schedule I can watch a bit while I set mine up on Mondays and Thursdays, as I start pretty much after you finish I think). It's great to come across people who are new to me.

I suppose the Amigos Retro Gaming guys do something similar to a 24 hour thing with their Amigathon fundraiser. It's a brilliant event but I don't know if it ever got to a full 24 hours, although they've come close I think. Perhaps that's something we could all co-ordinate between us one day.

Mind you, Mondays between you, myself, Retro Passion, That Girl Joey and Namcos (and Ravi from The Retro Hour if he returns) that's an entire Monday evening of Amiga streaming so we're already a quarter of the way there!
Old 05 February 2022, 17:04   #26
betajaen

Quote:

Glad to have you on there and thanks! I hadn't come across your channel before so I have sat in and lurked for a bit here and there (early evenings not always a great time for me - but due to my own streaming schedule I can watch a bit while I set mine up on Mondays and Thursdays, as I start pretty much after you finish I think). It's great to come across people who are new to me.

Mind you, Mondays between you, myself, Retro Passion, That Girl Joey and Namcos (and Ravi from The Retro Hour if he returns) that's an entire Monday evening of Amiga streaming so we're already a quarter of the way there!
I am happy to send my viewers your way after, I am done. Perhaps I should have some sort of automatic card on screen when I am closing to see who is on, and display their channel on the video... Hmm, that gives me ideas.

A 24 hour stream would be awesome, I would be in myself, if it got organised.
Old 06 February 2022, 12:11   #27
Graham Humphrey

Thanks, that's very kind of you if you choose to do so! And thanks for following too

I'm sure it would be possible to rope in folks from different time zones to make it easier to cover the whole 24 hours too. We've certainly got more than enough in sheer numbers if we kept it to, say, two hours per streamer.
Old 08 February 2022, 16:01   #28
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I didn't idle anywhere yesterday, I now have so many options that I have choice stress
Old 08 February 2022, 19:44   #29
amigaformortals

Quote:
Just wondering that for those who have an interest in that sort of thing (and I appreciate not everyone does), it might be convenient to have a reference of people who live stream Amiga-related activity, whether that's on Twitch, YouTube or elsewhere.
This is a great idea Graham. I already followed quite a few on the list, but I will now go and follow everyone. Would be great if everyone did the same. Good to support each other as Amiga streamers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPassionUK View Post
Thank you very much!!
Old 13 February 2022, 12:57   #30
Aardvark

https://www.twitch.tv/proton_fig

Oldschool democoder, musician & graphician. Streams C64 and Amiga coding.
Old 13 February 2022, 20:43   #31
Graham Humphrey

Thanks - another one I wasn't aware of, and duly added to the list
Old 04 March 2022, 09:55   #32
Graham Humphrey

A couple of more to add to the list:

retroDemiurgi - streams Amiga games all the way through (currently playing Enemy 2), plus AmigaLive, and other retro systems such as the NES. https://twitch.tv/retrodemiurgi

Otter Retro - a unique EMU-VR experience, featuring plenty of Amiga games recently. Rather different presentation to most streams I have seen so well worth a watch. https://twitch.tv/otterretro

Don't forget to check the first post in this thread for a complete list (or a complete list so far - there are bound to be more so do let me know if I've missed any. And of course - do follow all these good folk.)
Old 04 March 2022, 10:37   #33
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Wow. EMU-VR just made it a whole lot more tempting to get an Oculus Quest.
Old 08 March 2022, 02:04   #34
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Ashens - Not always Amiga but often is especially on Wednesday, often some of the barrel scrapings of the Amiga game library.
Old 21 March 2022, 20:34   #35
Graham Humphrey

Ah yes, Ashens is indeed very fond of his journey through some dark corners of the Amiga library... he's also playing through all of the Assassins PD disks, which I am also doing but didn't realise he was too. So I am merely Norwich's second best Assassins streamer.

Will update the initial post later but also check out Antaeus000 - recently started streaming from his new Amiga 500 on Wednesdays (having come over from the dark side of the *whispers quietly* Atari ST)... https://www.twitch.tv/antaeus000
Old 28 May 2022, 17:19   #36
Graham Humphrey

Thought I would bump this as this thread was recently referred to in Ravi's article on Amiga Twitch streamers in the latest Amiga Addict magazine - cheers Ravi!

I've also added some more streamers to the list - not all of these are specifically Amiga-focused but you'll certainly find Amiga coverage within all of these channels to some extent. And beyond that they are all worthy streamers in their own right often with great communities watching them so I'd definitely recommend giving everyone listed in the first post a look.
Old 04 June 2022, 00:12   #37
digiflip

just to let you know restarted my chnl since mr fake mike cromford has taken down my original chnl

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC83...wfBPgbNVcpfbmQ

think have to wait few days to get better url

yep checked

"Custom URL eligibility
To create a custom URL for your channel, your account needs to:

Have 100 or more subscribers.
Be at least 30 days old.
Have an uploaded profile picture.
Have an uploaded banner image.
"

when can change think will go for www.youtube.com/digiflip or www.youtube.com/fpgamatt

Last edited by digiflip; 04 June 2022 at 00:18. Reason: checked custom url
Old 25 December 2022, 00:16   #38
Graham Humphrey

Hi folks! Merry Christmas

I haven't updated this thread in a while, but I've added one channel which I missed previously, and two more which I think are recent additions to our Amiga streaming club. I've added them at the bottom of the first post (check it out for a full list) but I'll put them here too:

bigd_ihor - https://www.twitch.tv/bigd_ihor

General retro streamer but does have plenty of Amiga-focused streams - doing an A-Z of Amiga games
StreamstackTV - https://www.twitch.tv/streamstacktv

Streaming Amiga games from a Mister FPGA.

Fatter Agnus - https://www.twitch.tv/fatter_agnus

Appears to be a pretty new streamer but does stream from real Amiga hardware - an A500+ and an A1200 with Vampire.

Again, if there are any more I have missed, do feel free to post and I will add them - I'm always keen to check out more streamers!

I don't know everyone's schedules, but if you're in need of some Amiga (or general retro) related entertainment and interaction over the festive period, some of our listed streamers will absolutely be on at some stage, so do go and check everyone out! Everyone is welcomed
Old 27 December 2022, 04:07   #39
AmigaBill

Awesome thread Graham! I am just seeing it for the first time. Thanks so much for including me! I would also add AshSaidHi. She is a big Amiga fan and does an Amiga show once per week every Saturday "Amiga in the Mornin' Saturday- 6AM EST" She is super nice and fun to watch

AshSaidHi
https://www.twitch.tv/ashsaidhi
Old 27 December 2022, 16:36   #40
Graham Humphrey

Cheers Bill! Great shout - not sure how I missed her out!