English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 March 2005, 18:18   #1
Thunderchicken

Locating my Hard Drives via Winuae

Hello,

I am a new owner of Amiga Forever and I'm attempting to run the WB1.3 emulation. How do I get Workbench 1.3 to find my hard drives on my XP machine? I can find df0: and df1: and that's about it. I'm sure this is just me being a total newbie and not realizing how to do it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thunderchicken

"Don't lose hope. Destroy it. At least that way, you know where it is."

Old 13 March 2005, 18:29   #2
Thunderchicken

Perhaps I just don't know the command in CLI. When I had an Amiga, I never had a hard drive, only disks and two disk drives. Therefore, I'd pop a disk into df1: and in CLI, I'd type "cd df1:" to access it.

Perhaps there is a different command to access a hard drive I'm unaware of? The Winuae configuration has the hard drive I'm trying to access as "DH3."

What is the proper command line to access this drive?

Old 14 March 2005, 12:51   #3
buckrogers

So you cannot access you HDD via CLI (don't know what that is but I guess it is an app for organising files, similar to directory opus?).

In lieu of a proper answer, since I don't know much about CLI or WB1.3, have you tried using another app to access the HDD in question? I use WB3.0 and access all HDD via WB itself (by clikcing the icon) or directory opus.

Also, in the Hard drives tab of winUAE, there is a box to tick near the bottom of the window that says "Add PC drives at start up". Tick this box, exit winUAE and start winUAE again, in order for winUAE to actively "look" for attached HDD's, assuming you have not already done this. When this has been done, in WB, the first HDD will appear as an icon under the (volume) name WinDH_C.

Last edited by buckrogers; 14 March 2005 at 12:55. Reason: spelling