English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.TOSEC (amiga only)

Old 04 September 2015, 17:46   #1
TEOL

Citadel English Missing Disk

It really needs adding to TOSEC now because it's been around for years as an ADF image you have to rename without anybody noticing it.

To get the dump all you have to do is grab the part saying Disk# in the WHDownload for required disk and rename it to the rest of the TOSEC files for it and bang it works in ADF format.

There is no need for it to be missing a disk anymore although it's a rubbish game in my opinion anyway.

This is just in case TOSEC missed the trick of making the missing disk to add to TOSEC which is why it hadn't been added to the collection so far probably.

Anyway the trick works so that disk from the WHDownLoad for it should be added now to make the game playable from the TOSEC adfs.

I think it's already been renamed too and added into a section called Polish Games on EAB so no need to fath about anymore anyway but it's a heads up as nobody had ever put the missing disk into TOSEC and it's time to correct that rubbish game or not.
Old 04 September 2015, 19:25   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEOL View Post
It really needs adding to TOSEC now because it's been around for years as an ADF image you have to rename without anybody noticing it.

To get the dump all you have to do is grab the part saying Disk# in the WHDownload for required disk and rename it to the rest of the TOSEC files for it and bang it works in ADF format.

There is no need for it to be missing a disk anymore although it's a rubbish game in my opinion anyway.

This is just in case TOSEC missed the trick of making the missing disk to add to TOSEC which is why it hadn't been added to the collection so far probably.

Anyway the trick works so that disk from the WHDownLoad for it should be added now to make the game playable from the TOSEC adfs.

I think it's already been renamed too and added into a section called Polish Games on EAB so no need to fath about anymore anyway but it's a heads up as nobody had ever put the missing disk into TOSEC and it's time to correct that rubbish game or not.
Has anyone ever supplied a complete set of disk for the game to TOSEC? While your suggestion to rip the disk from the WHDLoad version is a good one, the TOSEC people would probably want complete sets of both the original release and the Prodigy crack as neither are complete.

Anyway, the Prodigy crack and HD version patch are on Beavis CD #2. In the Zone for those interested. Enjoy!
Old 06 September 2015, 12:20   #3
Crashdisk

The Citadel game is an english version of the polish game Cytadela. The problem is the game disk 2 of the English version is the same as for the polish version!

Cytadela (1995)(Arrakis)(PL)(Disk 2 of 5)[cr RYL] = Citadel, The (1995)(Black Legend)(Disk 2 of 5)

Sorry, but there is a constraint from TOSEC, there are no duplicates allowed...

PS:I will check the disk 2 is a cracked version, and not just a copy of the original
Old 15 September 2015, 17:32   #4
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdisk View Post
The Citadel game is an english version of the polish game Cytadela. The problem is the game disk 2 of the English version is the same as for the polish version!

Cytadela (1995)(Arrakis)(PL)(Disk 2 of 5)[cr RYL] = Citadel, The (1995)(Black Legend)(Disk 2 of 5)
How could people figure that out, especially since "Cytadela" does not show up in a TOSEC search for "Citadel"??

BTW I knew that Citadel was the English version of Cytadela, but I'm sure many people don't. Even so, I didn't expect that disk 2 of Cytadela would be identical to disk 2 of Citadel.

Quote:
Sorry, but there is a constraint from TOSEC, there are no duplicates allowed...
This is the sort of case where an exception needs to be made IMHO. No?

Quote:
PS:I will check the disk 2 is a cracked version, and not just a copy of the original
Let's hope it is, otherwise it will appear to the vast majority of people that TOSEC doesn't include disk 2 of Citadel and is therefore incomplete.
Old 17 September 2015, 19:51   #5
Tweeky

either the polish version needs a new disk 2 or they ARE identical?
ADFs from english Original disks zoned
Old 17 September 2015, 22:13   #6
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Or add a name tag mentioning the other Version Like: Citadel, The - aka Cytadela (1995)(Black Legend)(Disk 2 of 5)
or something similar more tnc compliant.
Old 07 October 2015, 03:40   #7
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
Or add a name tag mentioning the other Version Like: Citadel, The - aka Cytadela (1995)(Black Legend)(Disk 2 of 5)
or something similar more tnc compliant.
This looks like a very good solution .
Old 18 October 2015, 15:03   #8
TEOL

The game is rubbish but it definitely needs to be completed so that people can play it. Didn't know it used the same Disk 2 as the Polish. A Disk 2 I wouldn't count as a real duplicate if it's to make a completely different language game work though but thats the way I view it as an English version which still uses a single Polish Disk is still a completely different set of files for me as it should go by the language it plays to count as a duplicate or not.

Last edited by TEOL; 18 October 2015 at 15:10.