English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 17 October 2023, 10:30   #1
CCCP alert

Arcade football games up to 1984 (like International Soccer by Commodore pref)

Does anybody remember any soccer games in the arcade, EU Football?

Nothing after 1984 though please.
Old 18 October 2023, 21:06   #2
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

I remember Dribbling, that was the table top soccer in electronic form by the italian Model Racing, fairly popular in 1982-83 - and they were like 30 km from my home town; this was a one or two player game

[ Show youtube player ]

Here are two of the designers in a match (in italian)

[ Show youtube player ]

Then a 1983 weird soccer-olympic one player game hybrid called Pro Soccer by Data East, where if other team intercepted your passage or scored you did lose lives -_-

[ Show youtube player ]

A fairly popular one, albeit not exactly playing by soccer rules, was a one pplayer game called Exciting Soccer from 1983, and was notorious for playing the "tequila" song in-game

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 20 October 2023, 11:09   #3
CCCP alert

I went through MAME and found those, and of course all sorts of footy games on things like VideoPac and TI99 but the reality is they are all rubbish compared to International Soccer on the C64 in 1983 to be brutally honest. Actually, Match Day for the Speccy, due to a talented coder at the helm, is a fine runner up.

Apart from Real Sports Soccer for the VCS I wouldn't be interested in anything else.

And some tit decided Intellivision Soccer should be 2 player only, what a nob, but that could have been a goer.
Old 20 October 2023, 11:16   #4
drHirudo
Amiga user

For something totally different, try Heads Up - Action Soccer for Vectrex (1983):
Without overlays:
[ Show youtube player ]
With overlays:
[ Show youtube player ]

There is also Atari Soccer, from 1980:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 20 October 2023, 20:26   #5
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP alert View Post
I went through MAME and found those, and of course all sorts of footy games on things like VideoPac and TI99 but the reality is they are all rubbish compared to International Soccer on the C64 in 1983 to be brutally honest. Actually, Match Day for the Speccy, due to a talented coder at the helm, is a fine runner up.

Apart from Real Sports Soccer for the VCS I wouldn't be interested in anything else.

And some tit decided Intellivision Soccer should be 2 player only, what a nob, but that could have been a goer.
In italy Intellivision Soccer and later on International Soccer on the C64 were killer apps!
Old 20 October 2023, 20:45   #6
kremiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
In italy Intellivision Soccer and later on International Soccer on the C64 were killer apps!
i had the original cartridge (Int Soccer c64) with the pins consumed, due always taken with me almost each afternoon, at every other c64 friends owners

strongly requested each time