Old 08 February 2002, 19:00   #1
RannyDoscoe

Big grin Manchester United

Can someone post the games:

Manchester United
Manchester United In Europe
Manchester United - The Double
and Manchester United Manager

RCK, I know you have already given them to me ages ago, but I formatted my hard drive and forgot to back them up

Cheers.

Old 08 February 2002, 21:29   #2
RCK
Administrator

I'm sure a lot of people can also upload them easily

moreover, follow our ADF guide to find by ourself some of them: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?threadid=3240
Old 08 February 2002, 23:01   #3
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
some suggestions...

OK I'm gonna take up the cudgels for this user this time...
No RCK, they might NOT be able to post the games as easily as you think it is.

1) aceroms.com is DEFINITELY DEAD and won't rise again in the great way we used to know it. Trust me.
2) DreamZone is INACCESSIBLE for new users because Maincore doesn't answer to e-mails, not even my ones (he doesn't like GMX, so I sent out an e-mail from my private account, no reply either *sigh*). Confirmed.
If someone of you has been able to get a reply from him regarding whatever subject, please speak up.

The only game I could find using your methods described in the "guide" is Manchester United Europe (pe2000.net).
All others cannot be obtained the "usual" way.
So his request is absolutely granted IMNSHO.
I suggest to put a note into your "guide" such as
"If a game can only be obtained either on Dreamzone or aceroms, you may also post your request here."

As we are here:
@Jambo
I know you read this forum too, so please at least change the Dreamzone link to someting valid like
http://members.tripod.com/DreamZone2/

The UK link is dead for months.

Last edited by andreas; 08 February 2002 at 23:07.
Old 08 February 2002, 23:23   #4
RannyDoscoe

Unhappy I can't find them!

Well, I've had agood look and I can't find any of them. The Jambo search takes me to a site that doesn't work anymore! The pe2000 site also doesn't work.

Please can someone post or e-mail me these games please?

Ian: Please don't type a direct signature in your post, use your User CP instead

Old 08 February 2002, 23:36   #5
Ian
Global Moderator

Basically, what RCK is saying is that HE will not/cannot upload them (He's a busy man don't ya know, what with the new server and all)

Not that noone will upload them because they are easily found, you just need to wait 'til someone who has these games see's this thread. Some member's have the full Acerom's collection and are more than willing to upload stuff.

If you can get access to one of them, some of these games are on the AEN FTP's I think, which conincidentally is step three in the big ADF archive section of the FAQ.
Old 08 February 2002, 23:40   #6
oldpx

Is Manchester United Premeire League Champions the same game with Manchester United? If so I'm uploading it along with the MU europe and the double

Old 08 February 2002, 23:44   #7
Ian
Global Moderator

See what did I tell you

@Andreas,

Don't get your knickers in a bunch, read what RCK has posted properly, the first line espeically.
Old 08 February 2002, 23:46   #8
RannyDoscoe

Cool

I think Manchester United Premier League Champions is different. I missed it!

Old 08 February 2002, 23:52   #9
oldpx

Yes it looks like a different game but all will be on the zone soon except the manager. Make the .adf of the MU Europe read-only because the game requires you to write protect the disk.

Old 09 February 2002, 00:54   #10
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Dammit, I have (well...had!) Manchester United - The Manager, but wherever it was that I downloaded it from had it archived as .ace files and the browser I was using then was Netscape, which didn't understand the extension. At any rate, I've attempted repairing the archives with no luck. What the heck is so damn hard about just using zip, fer chrissakes! And for a few meager little megabytes difference!
Old 09 February 2002, 01:03   #11
RannyDoscoe

Happy Fantastic, Cheers Burseg!

Thanks alot, the games all work great. Especially with WinFellow, which I reckon is easier to use than WinUAE.

Old 09 February 2002, 01:34   #12
Ian
Global Moderator

What have you used to repair the ACE file Twistin', if it's Power Archiver you can stop reading now

I have had troubles with compressed files (Including ace files) and power archive has brought some back from the dead, you should give it a whirl
Old 09 February 2002, 01:43   #13
Carlos Ace

Send a message via ICQ to Carlos Ace
No HD version of Manchester United ???

Hmmm, i have to search for it (i have it somewhere ...), and than i´ll upload it .
Old 09 February 2002, 05:11   #14
RCK
Administrator

Re: some suggestions...

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
OK I'm gonna take up the cudgels for this user this time...
No RCK, they might NOT be able to post the games as easily as you think it is.
Hey, keep cool Robin Wood, I simply say that "a lot of people can also upload them easily", not forcely me.

anyway, I have those tosec archive about manchester united if you still need one of them RannyDoscoe.
Quote:
manchester united - the double (19xx)(krisalis)(disk 1 of 2).zip 519 kb
manchester united - the double (19xx)(krisalis)(disk 2 of 2).zip 548 kb
manchester united europe (1991)(krisalis)[cr alpha flight].zip 667 kb
manchester united europe (1991)(krisalis)[cr classic].zip 643 kb
manchester united europe (1991)(krisalis)[cr classic][a].zip 643 kb
manchester united premeire league champions (19xx)(krisalis)[cr fairlight][b](disk 1 of 2).zip 641 kb
manchester united premeire league champions (19xx)(krisalis)[cr fairlight][b](disk 2 of 2).zip 586 kb
Old 09 February 2002, 13:17   #15
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
What have you used to repair the ACE file Twistin', if it's Power Archiver you can stop reading now

I have had troubles with compressed files (Including ace files) and power archive has brought some back from the dead, you should give it a whirl
Well, I use EasyZip 2000, which is the same thing as Power Archiver (more or less). To 'repair' the files, I used lzx_fix, which is n app and a script that strips away the padded bytes added to unknown files by programs like Netscape when downloading an unrecognized file format. It did/does this with lzx and lha files, but really it does it with anything it doesn't know the extension for. Normally this fixes any victim of this appendage, it just didn't work on these two files for some reason. (sigh)
Old 09 February 2002, 20:37   #16
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
See what did I tell you

@Andreas,

Don't get your knickers in a bunch, read what RCK has posted properly, the first line espeically.
You're now promoted to RCK's Junior Press Relations Officer, I presume

Of course I did, but I also did read the following lines.
And those had a pointer to the EAB rules in them how to get ADFs. As I assumed this user HAS already looked everywhere, I regarded this pointer as definitely superfluous, not only because 80% of those sites (except PE2000) contain tons of broken links meanwhile.
And a huge amount of matches for games end up in the Dream Zone. Blarghhhh...
Quote:
If nobody have it and the game does exist then you can try posting a message at EAB requesting it.
"and the game does exist"?! Most users don't even know properly whether the game exists or not. I suggest to cut this part, but I can only suggest it. (see below )

Quote:
But don't post your request before trying all of this websites.
"SIR, YES, SIR!!"
Nah. That's some sort of "threatening" style.
"We ask you to try at least a couple of these websites before you post your request here." That is FRIENDLY style. You can't FORCE the users to do that, you can only ask them to.
I'd like to frank new users against this inapproachable, threatening thing on EAB that might occur if you use this "drill" style.
But that's only my humble impression.

Last edited by andreas; 09 February 2002 at 20:42.
Old 09 February 2002, 22:33   #17
RCK
Administrator

guide updated...
Old 09 February 2002, 23:12   #18
andreas
Zone Friend

wonderful
's got a friendly look now, somehow