English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 05 November 2001, 07:20   #1
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Question about Games distribution

When someone releases a game in the following distribution basis: "Download my full game, and if you like it, pay me as much as you think it deserves" , how it's called?

And, do u guys think many people really pay for something like that? You would pay? How much ?
Old 05 November 2001, 07:36   #2
Amigaboy

I assume that's shareware since the author asks for a donation

I've never payed for any type of shareware due to a lack of money (I haven't pirated any of it either). If I did have money to spare, I would register most of my things (or just donate some to the author).

A friend of mine usually has a few $$ in his paypal account and uses whatever he has to send to an author. He feels good about it

Old 05 November 2001, 07:55   #3
Drake1009

There were many of those kinds. If it was full and not cut it'd be something like Giftware or something.
Old 06 November 2001, 05:09   #4
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Yeah, donationware or giftware would fit nicely

I also never registered anything because of lacking of money, but there's one amiga game I would LOVE to have registerd in the time, and now I can't find the author anymore..

the game is Tanx 'n' Stuff, one of the best multiplayer games ever done... I've already posted about it in many boards, and it seems like NO ONE ever registered that game..

I am also thinking about registering Music Maker, if the author sells it to people living in the west (it's a japanese program).. it's very cheap and it's very usefull too... (and it has been translated to english )