English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinFellow

Old 21 August 2001, 13:59   #1
T-Bob

Using the Fellow MOD ripper

I can't get the MOD ripper to produce anything - What is supposed to happen?
Is there an alternative way to rip MOD music from emulated Amiga Games?

Old 21 August 2001, 14:11   #2
Amigaboy

Yep. The Fellow MOD ripper never works for me either

It basically involves saving the chipmem to a file, then going into Exotic Ripper and using that to search for MODs

Hopefully someone else will explain it with a bit more depth (Sorry I haven't done it right now, but I'm really tired, so if you look at my other posts, they'd sort of be the same 1 paragraph things)

Old 21 August 2001, 14:37   #3
Drake1009

I got the DOSFellow and Winfellow mod ripper to work. When you're at a point where a MOD file is running you stop the emulation to ask it to rip the mods.

It searches through memory for mod files and gives you the opportuinty to rip them like that. In Winfellow I have also been asked a couple of times if I want to scan the disks for mods. That on the other hand never worked for me.

But using DOSfellow I was able to rip the MOD files from the music selection screen of Jaguar XJ220 without problems and in Winfellow I've ripped a mod from a cracker intro. Both work great with normal players.

Problem is that it only recognizes MOD files as far as I know which means no custom files of any kind. So if you really want the music you'll have to find some other program on the Amiga emulator to do it with, or dump the sound output to Wave files.
Old 21 August 2001, 19:02   #4
Amiga1992

Ah, I was just goingto ask about exotic formats. That means Exotic Ripper is the ebst choice for ripping them tunes It's really easy to use, and very handy for conversion means as well. I converted my DSS mods onto ProTracker format with ease...
Old 21 August 2001, 23:35   #5
T-Bob

How can I get a copy of this 'Exotic Ripper' for an emulator? I've found .lha files to download, but I don't know how to use them with WinUAE of WinFellow.