English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 18 January 2024, 08:59   #1
wanderer5

Shortcuts to specific operations

Hi. I find myself using WinUAE from time to time, mostly for playing specific games. While doing that, there are many times i use specific options from the Properties screen (F12). Mostly i travel between Disk Swapper and Misc/Load state, so i thought how nice it would be if there were some shortcuts for them.

A shortcut key to "load last loaded state" (or "load specified state") would be great. That way, a user could load the state he wants once and if something goes wrong, he could use that shortcut to re-load it without having to press F12, travel through the tree to "Misc", press "Load State", blah blah... (you get the point).

For the disk swapper, it would be nice to be able to define shortcut keys (i.e. CTRL+ALT+F1 to Fx) which would automatically insert the disk in the specified "disk swapper" slot, without having to open the interface and go there.

As an alternative (a little less convenient but better than what exists now and perhaps easier to implement), there are some indicators in the status bar. Clicking on the df0: indicator now, it opens the "select disk image" dialog. Right-clicking on it could show a menu containing all the items (or perhaps the x first ones) that exist in the "disk swapper" list. Using the same logic, right-clicking on the Power indicator could open a menu which could contain some options. Among them, there could be a "load last loaded state" and perhaps "load state" and "save state" too.

Last edited by wanderer5; 18 January 2024 at 09:12.
Old 19 January 2024, 19:58   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Statefile:

END + Numpad 0: load previous statefile.
END + (shift or control) + NP 0-9: save statefile, END + NP 0-9: load statefile. (if >0: append number to statefile)

Swapper:

END + 1-0 (main keyboard, not numpad) = insert image from swapper slot 1-10
END + SHIFT + 1-0 = insert image from swapper slot 11-20
END + CTRL + 1-4 = select drive

(Yes, I know, these are only "documented" in changelogs..)
Old 19 January 2024, 20:06   #3
wanderer5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
(Yes, I know, these are only "documented" in changelogs..)

Like any other good feature...

Thanks for the tips, i'll try them out. Please consider the statusbar idea though, could be useful GUI shortcuts...
Old 29 January 2024, 08:35   #4
wanderer5

Quote:
Statefile:

END + Numpad 0: load previous statefile.
END + (shift or control) + NP 0-9: save statefile, END + NP 0-9: load statefile. (if >0: append number to statefile)
Hello again. Fine with everything else, the bold part confuses me though.

I have two statefiles (snapshots) in the snapshots folder. They are named "test.uss" and "test1.uss". From what you write, i understood that if i load the first one with END+NP0, it would also load the other when i press END+NP1 (and END+NP2 would try to load "test2.uss" and so on). It doesn't work though. What am i doing wrong?
Old 09 February 2024, 19:46   #5
wanderer5

Quote:
END + ...

Hi again Toni. Is there a way to alter the base key (END) to something else?
Old 09 February 2024, 20:12   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

"Append number" = <name>_<number>.uss

Input panel has event "Qualifier Special (END)" that can be mapped to any key, default is END.
Old 09 February 2024, 20:21   #7
wanderer5

Ah, it needs an underscore between the name and the number... OK, i'll try it.

>>Input panel...

Sorry, i can't find that. You mean Options/Host/Input? Am i looking at the right place?

EDIT: OK, i found it. I haven't used it in the past but at the end i figured it out.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by wanderer5; 09 February 2024 at 20:30.