English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 20 November 2022, 19:34   #1
ImmortalA1000

What is going on with Janeway mod archive site?

I tried to get a couple of demos from the wild copper/megalo demo and when you go to downloads for the songs it points you to various dead urls for the 3 I tried. I thought they had the files on their own site?

Luckily Stoneoak Valley site for Amiga is still working but the file doesn't play in XMplay so that's a bust too, no problems with download and file size is OK at 82kb as detailed but XMplay refuses to play it. Plays 1000s of MODs I have but not this one downloaded from that site and extracted with Winrar OR 7-Zip.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez what the hell is going on with mod archive sites, I had to listen to 3 rubbish 'alphaville' mods already and not one of them was the actual demo from the wild copper doodah.

When I finally found a site with a few mods inc alphaville Chrome said "no mate, it's not for you it must be a virus you dumb bastard!" etc type nannying bullshit with 'discard' the only option. Google does this these days to protect the dumb shits with the IQ of a potato so I had to download it with an old pre- Chrome version of Opera.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21 November 2022, 23:53   #2
Asle

It's fixed. All ziks have a working dlink now.
Nothing's stored on Janeway save the site material itself and the shots.
Demo are stored on ftp.amigascne.org. Music are stored on ftp.modland.com or amp.dascene.net

We are humans and entitled to make mistakes ... Although, it's difficult to follow what happens on third party sites.

It generally helps if people tell us
Old 22 November 2022, 10:33   #3
ImmortalA1000

I wasn't having a go at Janeway site, the 3rd party links are not your problem.

My biggest annoyance was with Stoneoak Valley MODs not playing and the fact most MOD archives do not have proper MODs like Alphaville, lots of fan made
but nothing from the Wild Copper/Megalo demo with the same filename.