English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 14 July 2015, 00:43   #1
knightbeat

Missing issues of One Amiga magazine

Hello all,
Did anyone collect issues of the One Amiga mag while it was published by Maverick Publishing? Yes, I know it was a mere shadow of its former self. However, if you did buy it, could you check your old issues to see if there are any missing from Amiga Magazine Rack?

A few years ago (May 20th, 2013 to be exact) I stumbled across an ebay auction for a set of One Amiga mags , which contained 3 issues missing from AMR. Unfortunately, I was at work at the time and missed putting in a bid. However, I saved a copy of the auction & photograph to a backup disk.

The photograph is extremely low quality, but it appears that #93 featured Gloom Deluxe on its cover, #94 features Timekeepers (a data disk, perhaps?) and #95 covers various sequels.

This is a longshot, but does anyone on the forum own these issues? If so, could you scan the cover and content page (or even the entire issue) for the May, June and July 96 mags and email them to Amiga Magazine Rack?

Last edited by knightbeat; 14 July 2015 at 21:19.
Old 15 July 2015, 11:02   #2
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Scanning the entire issues would be even better! I only have the cover and contents section of the last 2 or 3 issues and it shouldn't take long to scan as they're only about 32 pages or so. But finding them is damn near impossible...
Old 15 July 2015, 18:19   #3
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Are the missing issues not listed on amr?

I have a box of most issues. I definitely have every "The One for 16-bit games" and all the "The One for Amiga games". I also have upto and including Issue 79 as that is on my desk here.

[Edit: Ah, someone took over TheOne... probably don't have them but I will look]

Last edited by alexh; 15 July 2015 at 18:36.
Old 15 July 2015, 18:29   #4
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

They have five of the Maverick published ones here :

http://www.retrogames.co.uk/default/.../The_One_Amiga

£42 is too rich for me.
Old 15 July 2015, 18:40   #5
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Are the missing issues not listed on amr?

I have a box of most issues.

I definitely have every "The One for 16-bit games" and all the "The One for Amiga games".

I also have upto and including Issue 79 as that is on my desk here.

Get me the issue numbers / month+year and I will check this week.
Here's what's missing in issues of The One that are listed on AMR:

http://amr.abime.net/audit_7

However, as the OP has pointed out, AMR hasn't got the last 3 issues of The One (Maverick Edition) [Issues 93-95/May-July '96] listed at all because no content whatsoever has been received from contributors.

If you or anyone else can plug the holes of the hard-to-find Maverick editions (or any other issues for that matter) with scans, review info. etc., then I'm sure a lot of people would be very pleased!