English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Music

Old 01 June 2011, 10:21   #21
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Perhaps you will like Amiga Mods Anthology. They are 4 cd's. I won't give a link to the Megaupload, but to a web that does:
<link to IPFs removed>

Last edited by TCD; 01 June 2011 at 10:33.
Old 01 June 2011, 10:33   #22
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Sorry Retrofan, but that page linked to IPF images, which is (sadly) a no-go here.
Old 01 June 2011, 11:03   #23
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Oh, ok, sorry, although I don't know what IPF images are.

Anyway he can search the mods Anthology easily in google.
Old 01 June 2011, 11:10   #24
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

http://www.softpres.org/ & http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=eab..._caps_faq_item
Whenever you see a 'NoIntro' set for the Amiga, it's a download with images created by the SPS team
Old 01 June 2011, 22:47   #25
s2325
Zone Friend

Is there any pack with Future Composer music? Or site about it?
Old 02 June 2011, 00:42   #26
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

Yes, also at modland. They have pretty much all Amiga formats, not only mod.
Old 02 June 2011, 00:46   #27
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Is there any pack with Future Composer music? Or site about it?
Try the Exotica ModLand search : http://www.exotica.org.uk/mediawiki/...&md=b_for&st=F
Old 02 June 2011, 00:57   #28
s2325
Zone Friend

thank you
Old 04 June 2011, 18:41   #29
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope View Post
If you're referring to my post containing the word "leechers" I think you totally got the wrong message.
NO I don't mean you but Zeg.

Mr. AMP: explain in WHAT way I lack respect for anyone who gathered these MODs? Where on fucking earth did I say that? This is ridiculous! I have nothing but respect for people who gather these MODs and put them online in sites like yorrs or modland! I also thought haveiong an alternate download method would help since torrenting is supported by individuals and makes the load off you people's servers less. And as someone cleverly said, if teh torrent is properly arranged, you can SELECT what you want to get.

But forget I said anything, it is ridiculous how I am being questioned for trying to help. The thread intention was not for you to provide me with an easy link to download everything, but to provide everyone with an alternative.

Also, kinda hard to get angry at someone wanting a ton of stuff that is not even yours. The whole attitude towards this has been pretty ridiculous. Read again: take example from the HVSC or the ASMA collections. I guess something like that will not exxist for the Amiga ever, seeing how the reaction towards it is.
Old 05 June 2011, 05:12   #30
Asle

Right, let's start over, shall we ?
First, Modland _DID_ provide a torrent some time ago. No idea where it stands now. Maybe a small mail to Coma could get you an answer.

Now, you can see yourself your first post:
Quote:
Is there any place I can get ...
Let's consider it's to help people aside yourself. So, if you want to help, then, please, do so. Who or what prevents that ? Modland has several mirrors. We (AMP) have none but that's definitely something that could be set up, although, again, I think we'll settle for a rsync or similar.
Anyway, why don't you set up a mirror yourself ? You would then have all the files handy, and share that with the community any way you'd want. It's definitely something you should consider.

Sylvain
Old 05 June 2011, 19:11   #31
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
the 80gb torrent didn't work out well. people didn't seed it after downloading, and there were not enough downloaders/seeders to make it work well speedwise. however some of the modland mirrors are a decent speed so downloading the whole thing doesn't take that long. the collection is also available by post on dvds from coma directly.

this isnt quite comparable to hvsc etc due to the size. its a very big collection. if you want it all you can download from the ftp and mirrors, however you might find you prefer to select only the protracker stuff or the formats you want.

ftp has worked well for delivering the collection. it allows people to choose between downloading entire folders or just individual tunes. there is a web interface with search that can search names/folders/formats/browse/search the instrument texts and even stream mp3/ogg recordings.

personally i think your comments towards zeg are pretty rude. that guy is responsible for preserving much of the amiga demo scene history (http://bitworld.bitfellas.org). Perhaps you should try actually listening to what people are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asle View Post
RWe (AMP) have none but that's definitely something that could be set up, although, again, I think we'll settle for a rsync or similar.
I would be happy to host a mirror on my home server as I do with modland. Not all that fast but something

Last edited by TCD; 05 June 2011 at 19:23. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 10 June 2011, 03:02   #32
Asle

Akira : http://tracker.modarchive.org/
Buzz, the question is pending. I guess I'll have to decide alone . I'll come back to you. Thanks for the offer.
Old 13 June 2011, 01:22   #33
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuZz View Post
personally i think your comments towards zeg are pretty rude. that guy is responsible for preserving much of the amiga demo scene history (http://bitworld.bitfellas.org). Perhaps you should try actually listening to what people are saying.
Dude, you know me. My comments were only as rude as his were -first- for no good reason.

This is a dead topic and sorry to those who I deply offended with asking a question which apparntly implied disrespecting scene historians, somehow (?)
Old 13 June 2011, 03:10   #34
BuZz

those who know zeg know zeg ;-) he wasnt trying to be flippant im sure - we can put both sides down to a misunderstanding - anyway - more importantly - get yer mods downloaded now, modland has some fast mirrors, which work better than the torrent cheers
Old 13 June 2011, 11:23   #35
zeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Dude, you know me. My comments were only as rude as his were -first- for no good reason.

This is a dead topic and sorry to those who I deply offended with asking a question which apparntly implied disrespecting scene historians, somehow (?)
Hehe. by the way, id' like to have got all/some mods as well.
And we need more amiga demo pack disks. .-)

bye bye
zeg
Old 14 June 2011, 22:54   #36
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuZz View Post
those who know zeg know zeg ;-) he wasnt trying to be flippant im sure - we can put both sides down to a misunderstanding - anyway - more importantly - get yer mods downloaded now, modland has some fast mirrors, which work better than the torrent cheers
I better get MY mods UPLOADED instead
Old 18 June 2011, 21:34   #37
BuZz

modland is always happy to receive submissions
Old 18 June 2011, 21:43   #38
dirkies
Zone Friend

why not try to leech them all automated using JDownloader, a fantastic download manager, freeware running under java...?
Old 18 June 2011, 21:44   #39
BuZz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
why not try to leech them all automated using JDownloader, a fantastic download manager, freeware running under java...?
because modland is on ftp and any ftp client will suffice.
Old 07 January 2014, 03:49   #40
TroelsDK
Registered Amiga Maniac

Help!

If I go to HoL and check who was the musician on IK+, I get Dave Lowe.
Then I go to modland ftp and find Dave Love under modules and find the International karate+.dl

I assume it's a mod file, but can't get it playing, in Winamp or on Amiga.

The suffiks .lv stands for Dave Lowe I figure, and tried to change it to .mod but that didn't work.

What to do with this file??