English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 22 January 2021, 11:44   #61
-Acid-

I love these controllers the buttons are so crispy.

@MickGyver got alink to the rubbers you're using in these? would love to buy some to renew all of my snes pads.
Old 22 January 2021, 16:46   #62
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Acid- View Post
I love these controllers the buttons are so crispy.

@MickGyver got alink to the rubbers you're using in these? would love to buy some to renew all of my snes pads.
Glad you like them!

The rubbers in the enclosures I use will not fit the original SNES gamepad I'm afraid.
Old 22 January 2021, 19:44   #63
spudje

Are you accepting orders again? If so, I'll reach out to you, to revive my request
Old 05 February 2021, 22:36   #64
Pyromania

Count me in if these are produced again. I would only want two fully assembled ones. I don’t want to built it myself.
Old 05 February 2021, 23:26   #65
jotd
This cat is no more

Got 2 of them: best CD32 controllers ever!
Old 06 February 2021, 11:13   #66
pete_uk

I will definitely purchase one if they come up for sale again
Old 06 February 2021, 15:25   #67
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
Are you accepting orders again? If so, I'll reach out to you, to revive my request
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Count me in if these are produced again. I would only want two fully assembled ones. I don’t want to built it myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_uk View Post
I will definitely purchase one if they come up for sale again
I got a batch of new PCBs a few days ago, I just have so much other work currently so I can't take any orders yet.
Old 07 March 2021, 01:16   #68
zxquad

Hi from Belgium,
think of me if you make again of these marvels, it would be necessary for me if possible to have one already mounted.
Old 19 March 2021, 10:06   #69
str0m

Hi, can't find my instruction sheet. Mine seems to default to 2 button mode so I have to do a start+select+up reset each time I load a CD32 game off earoks excellent disk image. I then find if I simply reset the CD32 the pad defaults back to 2 button again, does a reset briefly drop the power to the joystick ports?

Can I change the default so that it is in normal CD32 mode? I see there are presets but not sure how to make them the initial default. It's possible that I'm just being stupid

thanks

EDIT: Just found the instructions in your build guide, says it should default to CD32 mode, perhaps it is something funky with that disk image as they use whdload etc, let me test with some actual CDs

Last edited by str0m; 19 March 2021 at 10:09. Reason: Testing
Old 20 March 2021, 08:39   #70
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by str0m View Post
Hi, can't find my instruction sheet. Mine seems to default to 2 button mode so I have to do a start+select+up reset each time I load a CD32 game off earoks excellent disk image. I then find if I simply reset the CD32 the pad defaults back to 2 button again, does a reset briefly drop the power to the joystick ports?

Can I change the default so that it is in normal CD32 mode? I see there are presets but not sure how to make them the initial default. It's possible that I'm just being stupid

thanks

EDIT: Just found the instructions in your build guide, says it should default to CD32 mode, perhaps it is something funky with that disk image as they use whdload etc, let me test with some actual CDs
It seems I have forgot to add the "save defaults" to the instructions. Basically what you need to do is reset the gamepad with start+select+up (briefly). It will then be in normal CD32 mode. Then to save that as default, you press start+select+up and keep holding for a few seconds until the led blinks three times slowly.

I guess you have saved the two button mode as default by mistake. Hope this helps!
Old 20 March 2021, 20:22   #71
str0m

Ah yes that was it! Sorted now thanks ??
Old 14 May 2021, 20:05   #72
Flux

Any chance of another production run for the KTRL CD32+?
Old 19 May 2021, 17:58   #73
AmigaWolf

I want to bur two KTRL CD32 (+) from you pre programmed, but want to solder them myself?
Old 26 May 2021, 11:46   #74
BatteMan

Hi MickGyver,

If you make a new run, count me in for one KTRL CD32+ fully assembled

Thank you very much !
Old 29 May 2021, 11:15   #75
stylon

I'd love the opportunity to buy one off you too - my CD32 controller is on its last legs...
Old 30 May 2021, 03:18   #76
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

I bought one on e-bay which I assumed was this one- it has the same housing and buttons but no letters or manual or box. Now I am thinking I bought a cheap quality pad? Or are they earlier versions? I have not tested it too much yet
Old 30 May 2021, 07:30   #77
TroyWilkins

I apologise if this is a silly question, but is there some sort of provision with these to swap the up input to a button, and have that buttons input be remapped to up?

I know many people would prefer to keep the original control methods, but for me, I just can't get used to up being used for jump, for example. If this isn't possible, I understand that it would be easy to make an adapter that could sit between the controller and the Amiga with a switch to change this, so it's not a big deal if this isn't possible, but it would be a nice feature if it's possible and doesn't currently exist?
Old 30 May 2021, 09:59   #78
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Any chance of another production run for the KTRL CD32+?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaWolf View Post
I want to bur two KTRL CD32 (+) from you pre programmed, but want to solder them myself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteMan View Post
Hi MickGyver,

If you make a new run, count me in for one KTRL CD32+ fully assembled

Thank you very much !
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylon View Post
I'd love the opportunity to buy one off you too - my CD32 controller is on its last legs...
I will make some more soon (from next week), I'm sorry for the delay but I haven't had the time to make any yet this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
I bought one on e-bay which I assumed was this one- it has the same housing and buttons but no letters or manual or box. Now I am thinking I bought a cheap quality pad? Or are they earlier versions? I have not tested it too much yet
I have no idea, maybe someone just sold a used one. There is an earlier version also and I have sold these as kits. Could you open it up and take some pics of the circuit board and PM them to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyWilkins View Post
I apologise if this is a silly question, but is there some sort of provision with these to swap the up input to a button, and have that buttons input be remapped to up?

I know many people would prefer to keep the original control methods, but for me, I just can't get used to up being used for jump, for example. If this isn't possible, I understand that it would be easy to make an adapter that could sit between the controller and the Amiga with a switch to change this, so it's not a big deal if this isn't possible, but it would be a nice feature if it's possible and doesn't currently exist?
Yes indeed there is! This gamepad is programmable and you can also save presets, look at the features in the incstructions here: https://www.daemonbite.com/ktrl/file...structions.pdf

I agree that jumping using UP on a gamepad is not a good experience at all, that was the main reason why I made the mapping functionality. This gamepad is also compatible with the C64 by the way (unlike the original CD32 gamepad).

Last edited by MickGyver; 30 May 2021 at 10:09.
Old 06 June 2021, 16:39   #79
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGyver View Post
I will make some more soon (from next week), I'm sorry for the delay but I haven't had the time to make any yet this year.

I have no idea, maybe someone just sold a used one. There is an earlier version also and I have sold these as kits. Could you open it up and take some pics of the circuit board and PM them to me?

Yes indeed there is! This gamepad is programmable and you can also save presets, look at the features in the incstructions here: https://www.daemonbite.com/ktrl/file...structions.pdf

I agree that jumping using UP on a gamepad is not a good experience at all, that was the main reason why I made the mapping functionality. This gamepad is also compatible with the C64 by the way (unlike the original CD32 gamepad).
It was this one- but mine has no text on it- https://www.ebay.ie/itm/224464849071

I can open mine up if needed sure for pics of pcb.
Old 06 June 2021, 16:40   #80
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Hi @MickGyver,
Any update on that upgrade kit for my KTRL CD32?

I still haven't assembled it as I would prefer the + version...

Thanks!