English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 24 June 2021, 23:39   #1
MarkT

Vampire discourse, keep it civil (was: Vampire 1200 V2 waiting times)

I registered my interest in a Vampire 1200 V2 a little over a month ago. Does anyone have any ideas what the current waiting times are? I can't find much information anywhere.

I find the Vampire appealing as I'm after boosting my main Amiga to really high levels... I want to go after some of the games and applications I never could afford to "back in the day". I've also considered a Warp 1260 (as I think RTG is important to meet my objective), but the price of 68060s makes my eyes water
Old 24 June 2021, 23:44   #2
UberFreak

I waited a year for mine, but it was the (first?) year of COVID, and I know they had issues getting some parts.
It should be better now, by how much I don't know.
Old 25 June 2021, 00:39   #3
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
I think I've been waiting now for about 18 months unless I missed the email...
Old 25 June 2021, 03:22   #4
lmimmfn

I ordered in december 2020 and received it just under 4 months later, but it probably takes a lot longer with ccomponent shortages etc. Hold firm, youll get it eventually, no bad thing as the longer the wait the more compatibility issues will be resolved.
Old 25 June 2021, 03:35   #5
QuikSanz

Chip shortages maybe?
Old 25 June 2021, 03:55   #6
UberFreak

Did you check your status at the order page?
Haven't heard of anyone waiting that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
I think I've been waiting now for about 18 months unless I missed the email...
Old 25 June 2021, 12:15   #7
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberFreak View Post
Did you check your status at the order page?
Haven't heard of anyone waiting that long.
Found it, just checked it says 'expressed interest' so I guess I'm still on the list =D

Last edited by fitzsteve; 25 June 2021 at 12:30.
Old 26 June 2021, 11:15   #8
MarkT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Found it, just checked it says 'expressed interest' so I guess I'm still on the list =D
I've got the same status showing. I wasn't expecting Amazon Prime delivery times but I'm hoping it'll be a lot less than 18 months!
Old 17 August 2021, 09:48   #9
lyzanxia

Waited on mine about a year..Guess now with the new cards coming (icedrake), once productions starts they promise quick turnarounds.
Old 25 August 2021, 21:28   #10
MarkT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzanxia View Post
Waited on mine about a year..Guess now with the new cards coming (icedrake), once productions starts they promise quick turnarounds.
Yes I've seen. I'm on the waiting list, so roll on 2022!
Old 18 July 2022, 14:48   #11
lmimmfn

Couldn't find any other appropriate thread for this but Igor(Majsta) sent an email today regarding the whole debacle around V2s and what happened with Gunnar/Apollo team and that he will continue to produce V2s
Content is(there's a document attached to email also with more info)

"I have been silent for more than year watching how my 10 years work with amiga accelerators is taken away by Apollo team, team I helped to form.
In the document I m sending to you everything is revealed what happened inside team in May of 2021.
Every single sentence there or in this mail is something I can document and if attacks on my name and my work don't stop I will.
Constant pressure on me on our discord channel was something no one could take.
Every offer Miri and Gunnar made for me was made to be rejected because final goal was to remove me from the team.
Questions and comments from the document surely didn't help my position. None of them were answered anyway.
I was not needed there anymore, my technology and designs were well known to them already.
Only problem was amiga community and how they will react to all of that.
At final stage, since I was doing nothing wrong, they prepared to present me to the community as a person who got into mental problems blackmailing me with
my discord post where I posted pictures of pills I m taking for my migraine.
Suddenly at mid of last year I started to get messages on my mail and facebook where people who ordered accelerator cards from me before asked me for my health and how I m doing.
Oh boy, it was clear to me what happened and later on I got several screenshots from discord who could prove that.
Suddenly when I asked all of those questions I become person with mental problems.
Anyway, read the document and find out what really happened to me.
All of this is good lesson learn for me and maybe some others will think twice when they get into similar situations.
As for Vampire accelerators, I will continue to give support as much I can.
There are several more topics I plan to cover and I will publish them on my website www.majsta.com very soon."
Old 18 July 2022, 15:36   #12
jurassicman

I did receive the same email. I don't understand well what happened but if it is true it does seem a very bad/sad story.
Old 18 July 2022, 16:38   #13
lmimmfn

I would be inclined to believe Igor. The thread on the Apollo forums has since been deleted but it was something along the lines that Igor decided to leave and to improve turn around times for orders they were going to create new 1200 cards based on V4. However there were other threads before that with Apollo members posting that they were leaving due to "irreconcilable differences with the Team".

The whole thing is a mess as they've basically parked all V2 development in favour of V4.
Old 18 July 2022, 17:12   #14
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmimmfn View Post
Couldn't find any other appropriate thread for this but Igor(Majsta) sent an email today regarding the whole debacle around V2s and what happened with Gunnar/Apollo team and that he will continue to produce V2s
Content is(there's a document attached to email also with more info)

"I have been silent for more than year watching how my 10 years work with amiga accelerators is taken away by Apollo team, team I helped to form.
In the document I m sending to you everything is revealed what happened inside team in May of 2021.
Every single sentence there or in this mail is something I can document and if attacks on my name and my work don't stop I will.
Constant pressure on me on our discord channel was something no one could take.
Every offer Miri and Gunnar made for me was made to be rejected because final goal was to remove me from the team.
Questions and comments from the document surely didn't help my position. None of them were answered anyway.
I was not needed there anymore, my technology and designs were well known to them already.
Only problem was amiga community and how they will react to all of that.
At final stage, since I was doing nothing wrong, they prepared to present me to the community as a person who got into mental problems blackmailing me with
my discord post where I posted pictures of pills I m taking for my migraine.
Suddenly at mid of last year I started to get messages on my mail and facebook where people who ordered accelerator cards from me before asked me for my health and how I m doing.
Oh boy, it was clear to me what happened and later on I got several screenshots from discord who could prove that.
Suddenly when I asked all of those questions I become person with mental problems.
Anyway, read the document and find out what really happened to me.
All of this is good lesson learn for me and maybe some others will think twice when they get into similar situations.
As for Vampire accelerators, I will continue to give support as much I can.
There are several more topics I plan to cover and I will publish them on my website www.majsta.com very soon."
Just had that email too…
Old 18 July 2022, 18:00   #15
wiz12

Quote:
I would be inclined to believe Igor. The thread on the Apollo forums has since been deleted but it was something along the lines that Igor decided to leave and to improve turn around times for orders they were going to create new 1200 cards based on V4. However there were other threads before that with Apollo members posting that they were leaving due to "irreconcilable differences with the Team".

The whole thing is a mess as they've basically parked all V2 development in favour of V4.
Apollo seem to want to focus only on the V4 range and it's disappointing the way V2 users are now offered little to no support, even the webpage that had all V2 related help is now gone. They were talking about releasing bugfix updates for the V2 range however you would have to pay for these updates.
Old 18 July 2022, 18:41   #16
lmimmfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Apollo seem to want to focus only on the V4 range and it's disappointing the way V2 users are now offered little to no support, even the webpage that had all V2 related help is now gone. They were talking about releasing bugfix updates for the V2 range however you would have to pay for these updates.
Didn't realise that was the case, I.e. paid upgrades for V2, if so that's an absolute disgrace considering the V1200 selling price of 500euro plus and Igor has shown that he gave a large sum of money per V1200 card to Gunnar and team.

I'll never buy any Apollo products after purchasing the V1200. Their support has always been the shoddiest support I've ever seen from a company with everything being "Join the discord for support" instead of having an actual customer friendly website with easily accessible info.

Even got a temp ban from their forum for commenting in the Retrocengo thread where he reviewed the vampire stating the issues etc. which I agreed with. My ban was lifted but will never post there again, some way to treat paying customers lol
Old 18 July 2022, 22:02   #17
grond

Quote:
Didn't realise that was the case, I.e. paid upgrades for V2, if so that's an absolute disgrace considering the V1200 selling price of 500euro plus and Igor has shown that he gave a large sum of money per V1200 card to Gunnar and team.
Um, no? What Igor sent around was the proposal he rejected. AFAIK he paid 20€ per card for the core which was a price agreed upon when the cards still cost 150€ per card. Why should Gunnar and team continue working on the core if Igor is out of it all by paying a lump sum only. Furthermore, the way I understand it Igor did not even pay the core fee for the most recent batch of cards.
Old 18 July 2022, 22:11   #18
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:

I'll never buy any Apollo products after purchasing the V1200. Their support has always been the shoddiest support I've ever seen from a company with everything being "Join the discord for support" instead of having an actual customer friendly website with easily accessible info.

Even got a temp ban from their forum for commenting in the Retrocengo thread where he reviewed the vampire stating the issues etc. which I agreed with. My ban was lifted but will never post there again, some way to treat paying customers lol

Anyone else now getting Moderator checking for new posts before they can be posted on here? As I tried to post the Majsta Email on another part of this Forum And it ain’t showing yet
Old 18 July 2022, 22:43   #19
lmimmfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
Um, no? What Igor sent around was the proposal he rejected. AFAIK he paid 20€ per card for the core which was a price agreed upon when the cards still cost 150€ per card. Why should Gunnar and team continue working on the core if Igor is out of it all by paying a lump sum only. Furthermore, the way I understand it Igor did not even pay the core fee for the most recent batch of cards.
That is not what his doc states, it says 50euro per core paid, 50 euro for apollo shop, about 100 euro BOM plus soldering per card, 30euro for Igor and cash spread elsewhere.
So I don't really understand what you're saying as it completely contradicts Igors statement and anything Gunnar says in terms of trust, I would flush down the toilet, even that may be too kind.

Also, remember at the time it was only Igor producing V1200 cards.

Last edited by lmimmfn; 18 July 2022 at 22:48.
Old 19 July 2022, 00:59   #20
kipper2k

As the Phil Collins song goes " We see your true colours. ! day i will let the world know