Thanks for the confirmation.
Wondering why R.G-M. wrote this then...
maybe he was using a PC keyboard ?
Old 23 November 2022, 21:21   #22
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
[...] It works now that I saw that the keyboard for the shortcuts is hardcoded (I bet it's qwerty - usa0) and is not following the keymap defined (mine is ch1).
So I have to press A+z and not A+y .
For me this is clearly a bug (even if it works like this also in ASM-One). Shortcuts must follow the key mapping and shouldn't care about a physical position on the keyboard. [...]
Today, "mon petit doigt" (a little birdie) told me to go to WinUAE preferences to map the right Amiga key to a key on my laptop. Don't ask me why, he simply told me to do so... so I heard him and you know what ?
Right Amiga key and CTRL have different behaviours for some shortcuts.

So CTRL+Y does not work (as indicated in above quoted post) and I have to press CTRL+Z instead, BUT A+Y does work (yet only tested with AsmTwo).

Easily reproducible with a standard ch1 keymap.
Could someone with a real hardware confirm this behaviour ? Thanks in advance.

@Photon : maybe worth a look next time you put your hands on the source to update it.
Old 24 November 2022, 18:39   #23
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
@Mako can you reproduce this bug.?

When assembling a large file a bit less than 28000 lines, assembling work but when I try to save the object file (wo) all the OS freeze.
Work find under AsmOne 1.48.
This is also broken with Asmone 1.02 and Trash’mOne 2.0 work fine with AsmPro.

Increase the stack before starting the assembler.
Old 24 November 2022, 19:47   #24
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

I finally found a key-press osd that can be recorded out of the box by GifCam regarding the behaviour difference between "right Amiga key" (mapped now to WinKey on my laptop) and CTRL (that AsmTwo allows to replace "right Amiga key" use).
So, with CH1 keyboard & keymap, "A+Y" works as intended, "CTRL+Y" does not work as it should as "A+Y" but "CRTL+Z" does...

Old 28 November 2022, 13:04   #25
Jope
-

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation.
Wondering why R.G-M. wrote this then...
maybe he was using a PC keyboard ?
It's true, there is no Num Lock key that ASM-One detects.

NumLock is a menu item in the Preferences menu of ASM-One 1.02. And it's ghosted when you're in the editor, so you must first hit esc to go back to the command line before you can toggle it. :-)
Old 28 November 2022, 13:54   #26
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

^ Yes. The day after my post I realised that I forgot about this entry in the preferences menu.
Thanks for mentioning it Jope
Old 28 November 2022, 21:20   #27
Photon

Quote:
I finally found a key-press osd that can be recorded out of the box by GifCam regarding the behaviour difference between "right Amiga key" (mapped now to WinKey on my laptop) and CTRL (that AsmTwo allows to replace "right Amiga key" use).
So, with CH1 keyboard & keymap, "A+Y" works as intended, "CTRL+Y" does not work as it should as "A+Y" but "CRTL+Z" does...

Ctrl/Amiga-y in AsmTwo deletes the current line or marked block, without destroying the clipboard.

Ctrl-y actually performs a "clipboardless cut" (Yank) in older editor keymaps.

I always want to keep all functionality, but moved the previous Ctrl/Amiga-y behavior to Ctrl/Amiga-Y (see menu option which was also changed). The reasoning was that rotate block is used extremely rarely, but there are many cases where you have a line or two in the clipboard and want to replace existing lines with it.

If I get some consecutive spare time a few weekends from now, I hope to work some more on AsmTwo, and can be looking for feedback here on EAB (as I did for the "killer feature" topic).

I'll see if I can put a readme of sorts on Coppershade. But the general experience should be === AsmOne with bugfixes and a few enhancements. It should be familiar to anyone who has used AsmOne before, I decided this at the start.

Last edited by Photon; 28 November 2022 at 21:29.
Old 29 November 2022, 08:55   #28
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
[...] If I get some consecutive spare time a few weekends from now, I hope to work some more on AsmTwo, and can be looking for feedback here on EAB (as I did for the "killer feature" topic).

I'll see if I can put a readme of sorts on Coppershade. [...]
If you can have time for some work on AsmTwo and to add a readme with changed/updated features, it would be extra
Old 01 December 2022, 01:33   #29
Photon

I had a look tonight, and there is some info in the readme.txt and I had already written an article as introduction to AsmTwo and why and what the differences are -> here. It's current as to the second last released version, and the changes in the readme for the latest version should take you the rest of the way.