English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 02 December 2007, 22:21   #1
StarEye
Zone Friend

The Quest To Make The Comp Pro CD32 Pad My Favourite Pad

Okay, I've been using a six-button megadrive pad for over ten years now and only switching to joystick every now and then for some retro-feel, or games that works better with a stick. But I've had a Competition Pro CD32 pad for a long time now, but it's not used very often - especially since I sold my CD32 a long time ago.

The point is, the problem I have with the pad is that the d-pad is too stiff (and somewhat low) and rough. Being used to the six button CD32 pad, it's difficult to get used to. I'm thinking it might get better with a bit excessive use. But I would love to speed up the process a bit.

So my question is, is there a way to make the d-pad on the CD32 as smooth and precise as the six button megadrive pad? I'm not a technical genius, and it's got to be a quick fix (like the X360 d-pad fix).

If not, does it actually get looser and smoother over time at all? If so, maybe I'll just try finding a used one somewhere. I'm already considering getting a CD32 again. I'm an Amigan after all, and it's hard to resist having one under the telly in my bedroom. Maybe if I get Stag working on it, I can maybe persuade my wife to... ahem, sorry about that.